Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPSC V108 Bug Hunt

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 17:23
i did uninstall the whole program, and still got the message. now my question is, do you know what would cause that message if it is the level (so i can fix whats wrong in the future).

www.negative-image.biz
Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 18:01 Edited at: 4th Mar 2008 18:06
When I have had to re-install FPSC, I had to totally wipe out the directory and delete it, and then I went into the windows registry and deleted all registry entries that contained FPS Creator. If anyone does this be careful about not accidentally deleting something other than an FPS Creator entry. Just do a search on FPS Creator and only delete the entry that it finds double checking to see if it indeed is a FPS Creator entry.

This was the only way I was able to get an absolutely clean uninstall. BTW, I didn't have to do this because of V1.08. There was some severe problems I was having which I almost completely gave up on FPSC. Now it appears to be working very well, again.

My suggestion also, is to be very careful about any exe files that are used to install 3rd party free models. I'm not going to point any fingers but I am sure one of the many exe's I had ran caused my problems. I no longer install executable models. Only zip'ed or tar'ed or rar'ed.

I came to this conclusion only after I did a complete clean install and re-installed all those exe mods. Doing that caused the same problems I had before. So, I redid what I had done previously but this time only used the stock models from FPSC and the other type of mods. Now everything is hunky-dory once again. hunky-dory shows my age doesn't it.
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 21:04
Since v1.08 has been officially released I unsticked this.
Onto 1.09 and FPSC glory...or something like that.
Congratulations on another step in making FPSC the best piece of software it can be.
Lee and the often unmentioned but not forgotten Mike as well as the others at TGC deserve a beer...what the heck...you guys get two beers...

RIP Floating Skull unknown-2007 we will miss you in FPSC x10
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2008 21:40

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 19:23:18
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 19:23:18