Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Model Pack Guide and Review. By Butyouman

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 02:27 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 21:26
Model Pack Guide and Review. By Butyouman

Hello everybody out there on the fpsc forums. I have noticed a lot of people are asking about which model packs they should buy so I am going to post a little guide and review on all of the model packs ok. I have bought them all except for 11-15 and I feel it is time for somebody to do this.

Model pack 1
Model pack 1 was the first of the chain of model packs and it was very well put together for the time it came out. It’s a great pack if you need some characters for any sort of army game because it has the camo cover guys and the ski mask guys and its great and a very nice pack to have. It also had some wonderful segments including the cliff segment, which is my personal favorite. It also has the gibs for those of you who don’t know what gibs are they are guts and gore there is a head and legs a few eye balls and a couple of other internal parts. It contains several entities not a lot but some cool house hold items like a pan and a couch etc… 7/10

Model pack 2
Ahh model pack 2 this was one of the most fun packs I must say. It had the zombie doctor that was the first of its kind. Fpsc came with zombies but they would shoot at you and even throw grenades I think. This zombie is the classic on who walks around and slashes at you the one that makes you back up but still wana shoot. This pack has more items that will complete you house or office levels. There were a few segment my favorite was the white tile on that was good for bathrooms and they included bathroom doors to which I really felt was helpful. 7/10

Model pack 3
Model pack 3 was long needed by most game creators. This pack was wonderfully put together with over 500 things in it to complete your level. There were tones of segment mostly ware house or industrially used. The entities consisted of mainly barrels and boxes but there was a giant selection to choose from and it was all well texture. I have to say if any pack will be worth the 20 dollars it will defiantly be this pack you get so much for so little. 8/10

Model pack 4
Model pack 4 was really needed by many it came out at the time when people were really begging for normal people models. This pack solved most of the problems. It is a wonderfully put together pack .It has the zombies but now with a fasted cooler animation and it has a lot of misc character that you can use for any situation. My personal favorite is the cops because when I first got fpsc I needed cops for my games and there were none. When mp4 finally came out I was super happy. 7/10

Model pack 5
Model pack 5 was wonderful it was the first of its kind it contained many weapons that people had request in the past and was pretty decent texture. It also came out the new concept of hands. Yes they finaly had hands this pack is really nice. I personally don’t like the hands they a pixilated and contain random colors that I don’t specially find nice in the hands. The gun models themselves though are a wonderful addition to fpsc and I highly recommend them if you want so stylish guns. 8/10

Model pack 6
Model pack 6 was just like model pack 5 is had guns but what was different was it contained more pistol which were nice. Also the hands are much better textured even though I thought they could use some gloves or some type of armor. The guns are nice and I like how they incorporated silencers and no silencers this was a new thing too. Also they color coated the clips with a red or blue line so that you knew which gun it was for and if it was for a silence or non-silenced gun. 8/10

Model pack 7
Model pack 7 I don’t have many good things to say about it. You pay 10 dollars for the same texture and rooms you have basically tilted that all it is and it did not even have its own category which confused a lot of people. They paid for it but where was it. The forums were flooded with that question for weeks. So I do not recommend this pack at all for anybody its pretty bad. I am sorry to put down the creator but you could have done better. 5/10 Ps. If you decide to buy it the models are in the scifi segments section.

Model pack 8
Model pack 8 opened up a new world of gaming for the fpsc community. It was a beautifully executed pack and I highly recommend this. It contains over 200 segment close to 300 of all Egypt segments they have trap doors fake walls everything even pits with snakes. And that’s not all the creator was even generous to throw in entities to go with your Egypt level. I am actually very shocked on only seening about 5 game with the Egypt theme hopefully with mp 17 out more Egypt based games will come.

Model pack 9&10
I am placing these 2 packs together because the same person makes them and they go together. The reason there are 2 of them is because it was to many guns to give away in one pack. Each pack contains over 15 guns, which are excellently texture and modeled. The sound for the guns is also fantastic. Also unlike other gun pack he give you about 10 different hand texture so you can have any type of hands you want Also they are more modern gun but still really nice looking they fire the way they are supposed to and there are no problems at all with the pack as long as you are updated to a newer version of fpsc. 10/10

Model pack 11-15
I am sorry but these packs are just outrageous. You get very little for a lot if you buy all of the packs your paying over 60 dollars. You don’t get much in these packs at all but you have to pay a lot. If your working on a game based on that theme then buy it. But don’t just buy them for the heck of it. They are nice packs they seem a bit qlitch and the texture is a not as high quality but there ok. 5/10

Model pack 16
Yes model pack 16 one of the newer packs it kind of reminds me of the game portal I don’t know why. This is a really nice pack high quality models great texture there is basically no flaw the price is decent for all that you are getting and you get items to fit almost anything including a surgery room. My favorite this pack is nice and I recommend it due to the fact that it has entities that you need to make a decent game. I give this pack an 8/10.

Model pack 17
Finally the last pack this is one of the best character pack I have seen so far. The character models are so complex and look amazing in game play along with the new duel animation that changes that the enemy gets hurt. The texture is great quality and I like how the people come in different version for different game or a little Varity. This pack also promotes pack 8 and I hope to see more Egypt game now that there are enemy to suit the level too. There are only 6 character but they each have about 5 texture so that 30 new characters for all to enjoy. 9/10

So this concludes my review on model packs and I hope it makes it easier for people to pick which one they want to but. I also will constantly update this list as more pack come.

Butyouman

Jfac rules
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 03:01
Thanks for this. Someday I may consider getting MP1 & MP16. This is a great heads-up for those who want these model packs. Once again, thanks, butyouman.

Failure to Cooperate
Coming to a PC near you.
butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 13:26 Edited at: 25th Jan 2008 13:26
Well i hope it helped iv been meaning to get to it and i finaly have.

Jfac rules
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 14:21
I don't think that 11-15 deserve a 7/10, that's a pretty competent rating.

Come see the WIP!
Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 18:34
11-15 are a little bit... High Poly, I did get the village one though, But thats just because I like Medieval stuff.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jan 2008 19:58
Thamks for that guide butyouman.......

What about the Sprite Pack though?

That, (plus MP6) was all I bought to go with FPSC.....

butyouman
Years of Service
User Offline
I havent bought the sprit pack yet but its in my list to get.

Jfac rules

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 13:21:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 13:21:47