Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Will write reviews for your FPSC games. Am I crazy? Read on...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 17:00
So I've been looking for a way to both consolidate my ferocious forum power and get my writing out there, so I've devised a devious little scheme imaginatively titled: 'writing'.

Basically, you submit a game for review/preview, I review it (no strings attached*) then you either use it as a testimony on your site or thread, or use it as toilet roll. Either way, I get to write and you get to get me to write!

You'll probably question the usefulness of this. After all, people leave comments and stuff, right? Well, I'm confident that I can provide insightful and impartial opinions. If your game is good, I'll make damn sure people know it's good. But I'm not a publicity spokesman. I'll be fair, honest and- where it needs to be, critical.

The actual criteria for a review needs some fleshing out, but key factors will be the overall player experience, playability and level design. Of course, if your sound design stands out, I'll be sure to give that a nod. Like I said, this is just a temporary basis. I'll establish real criteria soon.

To use or abuse my offer, send me an e-mail at tsoakley@gmail.com
Be sure to include:
Your name or forum alias
Game name
Story/game synopsis (The more detailed, the better.)
Desired article- preview/review
A valid download link
anything else I need to know (bugs, glitches,etc.)

Most articles should be done in a week.

Articles will be posted here as a 'showcase' of sorts, but can be used anywhere (within reason.)

Oh, and please don't request an article on this thread.

Well, that's about it for now. As a last minute appeal, I remind you that almost NO effort is required on your part.

Fancily phrased regards
The Tom

*except for loads

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 17:06
Hey. I was thinking about doing this as well. Do you mind if I help you out? Maybe review some of the games with you?

[url=http://gunn3rgames.zxq.net]
[/url]
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 17:10
I'll have to think about it. It's not like I want to reject you, it's just that I was kinda thinking 'solo.' But I digress. I'll get back to you on that.

Feel flattered that you asked though.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 17:12
Ok. Whenever you need any help, shoot me an email. I'll jump in and help you out.

[/url]
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 17:14
You got it.

MaarX
Years of Service
User Offline
wow seems cool!

I don't 've got any ready games just some projects.. but once I do have something I'll be sure to think of it

Good luck!

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 17:20
Sent a request.

Best.

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 17:39
Pus, I was thinking, what do you think about having 2 reviews per game? Kind of like Game Informer's Second Opinion section on the reviews. Email me what you think so it doesn't crowd this thread too much.

[/url]
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 18:02
Sent you that email...

Gunn3r
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Feb 2008 18:11
Right back at ya...

[/url]
TGPEG
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 21:06
This is actually really interesting. Although could you do a review on... Umbra just as a little example of your abilities.

[center]
Luke314pi
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 22:06
I think this would be even more useful if you made a quick little website where you posted reviews, or talked to site owners of existing FPSC websites about adding a review section.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 22:57
Actually, Oakley Design is going to make a website for all my writing-related works. You can submit requests even easier on there and check out the latest articles/short stories/ whatever else I write. This is pre-production, but atleast I have a logo for it. Might do the Umbra review.

Also, check out Untitled magazine: issue 4. I have a Project Origin article in there. Not exactly my raison d'etre, but it gets the job done.

Thanks for showing interest!

Feigning interest since 2005!
tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Feb 2008 23:25
Does it have to be a game or would you write for a fpsc utility?
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Feb 2008 16:00
I'm considering the idea of FPSC programs. On one hand, it would increase the amount of potential clients, but on the other hand, programs and utilities have never been my strong point. On the superfluous third hand, I don't see why not.

Extra limbs aside, I'll consider it.

tschwarz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 03:35
Pus In Boots - Thank you for being honest and since utilities are not your strong point I think I might just unleash it onto the community and take my beating publicly.
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Feb 2008 17:31
Mwahahaha!

Inspire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 08:47
I'll talk to you about reviewing a demo of Gone sometime in the future, Pus. Liked the (p)review in Untitled.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 11:29
Sent a request for my game demo,

Can't wait for the review..

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 11:36
Thanks...

and thanks

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 11:58
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 18:30
I'm bumping this thread to let you know I'm continuing my review service. It kinda froze before it kicked off, but I'm not being crushed by coursework and whatnot, (as much) so I can get this in full swing. And as for those reviews that still need doing, I'll write them ASAP.

So if you want any FPSC or DB games reviewed/previewed, let me know. (Details in top post)

Tharen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2008 21:49
The second I get my project to a reviewable state I'd love to have you to review it. Not sure how long it'll take to make the demo to a good shape... I don't like publishing projects that are only half done. And no one likes to play them either. So, I'll contact you probably when It's good enough.

Slitwrist Extasy
Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 00:50
After much "consideration", (randomly processing words in my mind at two syllabols per minute until a noticeable pattern arises) I have decided to reconsider my "service". (pimping whores... I mean, reviewing games.) I'm going to set up a gaming blog. I still "demand" (demand) that you submit your FPSC or DBPro projects (or flash, shockwave,etc.) for review/preview, but I can be a lot more judgmental now I'm not staring the subject of my critique in the face. But don't let that put you off- if your game is good, you have nothing to worry about. As for the blog itself, I will be scouring these forums and the grand ol' net for indie games and such. I'll have more details on it soon, but for now, let us bask in the glorious genious that is yours truly.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 03:11
I'm beginning to feel like you're "AI'ing" us. (See how I've equated someones inability to finish a game to a recognizable term, much as the term Riker9 is used to describe something that will never happen) I've been waiting for two months and now this.

But I guess I can wait till the game is finished.

Best.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Apr 2008 15:49
Quote: "I've been waiting for two months and now this."

I know, I'm a twat. I'm still going to do yours and any others outstanding. I'll do it the same way I said originally.

Yep. Two months. I don't know what happened, but I can probably write it tonight if I still have the demo on the computer.

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Apr 2008 13:37
Right then, I've officially moved my service to the new blog. You can still e-mail your requests,etc. But the reviews will be put on the blog.

www.shroomkingdom.co.nr

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-10 21:25:47
Your offset time is: 2024-10-10 21:25:47