Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / FPS creator X10 and FPS creator V1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I know that you can have WW2 weapons and characters in FPS creator X10, but can you use the FPS creator X10 ally systems featured on the adverts where there are conkers fighting aikos. I was wondering if you could do that with tommys fighting germans. I need to know because I don't know whether to buy it or not.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, you can use the ally/enemy/neutral system with any characters.

rudeboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow, cheers ears
rudeboy
Years of Service
User Offline
Hang on, I've had a look at X10 and I don't know if I've got a Direct X10 card and if my cpus a vista. I think it might be XP, but I'm not sure, can anyone help?
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 14:43
Well, turn your computer off then back on again....

If it says Vusta when it turns back on, then it's a Vista computer, if it says XP, then it's an XP computer....

Also, what is your Graphics Card and how much RAM do you have?

rudeboy
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know. I don't know much about my cpu. I don't think I've got a lot of RAM because I tried to run a game with 512MB RAM and no matter how much I deleted, I couldn't get it to run.
Insert Name Here
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2008 23:14
Ram has nothing to do with space. (Well, only a little)

This image is purely work in progress.
Jeremiah
Years of Service
User Offline
You should probably take an introduction to computers class before you start off building games. Just my opinion.
rudeboy
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't think I will seeing as I'd have to pay for that. Anyway I don't think I'll be making games anymore. Nothing seems to work for me. I've heard windows vista usually goes wrong, and even with regualar fps creator I can't get allys and water entities don't work.
Veron
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I don't think I will seeing as I'd have to pay for that."

$30 for a book which can teach you a lifetime skill.

Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 17:06
Quote: "even with regualar fps creator I can't get allys and water entities don't work"

Thats because neither are official FPSC Classic features.

Paul
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 17:23 Edited at: 11th Feb 2008 17:42
he knows that , that is what he was implying...he can't get those features because they are not in there.

So, he needs X10, but doesn't know if he has the specs.

Dude, just hit your START button in the bottom left of your screen.
(It's the same one you hit to shut your computer down.)

Then type in DXDIAG and hit your enter key. (if you have XP hit START>RUN then type dxdiag.exe in and hit enter)
This will run your DirectX Diagnostics tool, which will tell you all of your systems specs...processor, ram, and video card info, as well as your DirectX version.
Look in there and then post here what it says your specs are.

Quote: "Anyway I don't think I'll be making games anymore. Nothing seems to work for me. "

I know it can be frustrating when things don't go to plan, but don't give up a race because of a hurdle.
Keep jumping and running, and when no one is looking go around it if you can't jump it(work arounds), but don't give up.
It is your choice to quit or not, but your happiness is important.
I know playing around with FPSC makes me happy, whether I achieve perfection or not.
Get to know your system well first, so you can know its limitations before you set your expectations.
A general knowledge of basic computer usage will help you run any program more successfully.

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

Uthink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2008 19:04
Quote: ""Anyway I don't think I'll be making games anymore. Nothing seems to work for me. ""

In all honesty, you need to learn some computer basics. Not knowing your OS is like trying to drive a car but not knowing what a Steering Wheel is.

You're trying to cross the line from Computer User, to Developer. I think frustration is coming from skipping a few steps. It may be time to learn the basic infrastructure and architecture. You don't need to be the next Mark Dean or Grace Hopper. But it helps to know the basics of your hardware and operating system.

"I'm trying to find new ways to make this game more attractive." - Dennis Rodman
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 18:59
do this : go to start, then run and than ''dxdiag'' there is everything of ur comp.

always look on the bright side of live
Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Feb 2008 19:52 Edited at: 13th Feb 2008 19:54
@ Mgarand
Isn't that what I said two days ago?

Don't forget to visit Conjured Entertainment

mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline