Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / texture stages not working?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Mar 2008 18:56
been wondering for a while why i cant get bump mapping or any varient of it to work. I presumed it was to do with the whole shaders not working at all thing, but now dark shader is working and the bump ones still didnt..

so i performed this test:

its just at the bottom of one of my world initialisation functions, hijacks some existing variables for this simple test. Anyway, the cube appears gray. if i remove the last texture object call it appears with the texture i expect - applying the same texture to stage 1 makes it appear gray (as if no textures at all).

Wrong object format? dodgey setting set somewhere in my engine? or darkgdk multiple texture stages currently broke?

Latest dgdk build, visual studio 2008 express. *face flumps on desk*

jason p sage
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Mar 2008 17:56
Things that may hose you:

FVF Format... This is how mesh stored in memory - I suspect some things in DarkGDK change this format from one format to another. there is a command available (in dbpro anyway) to Change a mesh's FVF format. some FVF formats don't have ANY INFORMATION for textures, while some have info for 1 texture, other for 8 I think... So... what to do? Keep head flumped on desk because it might get worse.

In DBpro - various "built" in shaders didn't always seem to work right - or perhaps they worked in one demo - but not another (I suspect FVF issues in SOME of these cases) in short - I think there may be some generally "Broken" built in "Effects" so keep that in mind.

Many have run into these kinds of things and many have produced alternative shaders via SomeEffect.fx files you need to manually load and apply yourself.

Seek Out David W in this and other forums - see if you can't get his attention. Tell him I sent ya - because I saw his DBPro bump mapped levels! LOL He had Paralax Paralaxed! There were bumps EVERYWHERE! He seriously managed to get it working well, and I'm CERTAIN he's not the only one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 13:36:49
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 13:36:49