Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / any *official* word on the shader situation yet guys?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2008 18:13
Hi, just wondering if theres any update on the shader situation with this yet. IE - half of em causing program explosions and also crippling lack of commands like ability to use some of the darkshader functions on limbs (apply certain maps etc).

shouldnt be hard to apply the shader to limbs hopefully? Its all just geometry to the engine in the end right?

my project has been on hold for so long now because i intend to make heavy use of shaders and im reluctant to start implementing new things until i know how much speed i have left to play with - it could alter the whole design.

Miguel Melo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2008 21:49 Edited at: 5th May 2008 21:50
It's exactly this sort of abandonment that TGC always seems to cast their products to that has caused me to move on to other engines. It's just not acceptable to repeatedly have turnaround times of one year for fixing of important bugs.

Shame, really, because the GDK api is pretty simple and understandable. But things just keep going from ok to amazingly blowing up every 6/12 months.

I have vague plans for World Domination
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2008 13:12
It is stressing to be working with bugs around. I've been forced to do so in the past. However TGC helped when the DGDK turn came, and they fixed most of the problems.
Don't know when next turn is, but I don't think they have promoted DGDK so much to leave it like that...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 19:22:25
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 19:22:25