Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Error when opening a project on another computer

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 15:20
I have been working on a program the makes it so you can press different numbers, and the background changes. A very easy program, i know, but when I tried to open it on another computer at my school to test it out, I got an error.

I can't exactly remember the error, but it wouldn't work. My question is, does anyone know what is happening????

In the folder with the program, I had all the pictures needed, and the .exe files. Do I need more then that? If so- WHAT????

Thanks, ANY help is very much appreciated!

~~Its not about what you know, its about how you figure it out.~~
Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 15:36
its probably directx. You need the right DX runtimes installed. We can confirm this for you if you write down the error and tell us next time you get it But without knowing the exact error it could be anything!

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 15:50
I think you may have solved my problem, the computer doesn't have a direct x reader! Ok, I think my problem is solved, I will check again and see if it stilll continues, THANKS!!!

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 16:45
Well, it still doesn't work. I know what the error is though-

Application failed to start couldn't find d3dx9_35.dll

Sorry I couldn't take screenshot. The computer I am using it on doesn't have darkGDK, or any c++ things on it.

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 16:47
If it is direct x, then how can I set it so that darkGDK doesn't use direct x? The program I made doesn't use any direct x stuff.

Sephnroth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 17:42
the entire core of DGDK uses directx, simply by having any dgdk commands in your program you are depending on dx running at dgdk's heart.

to fix the problem install the latest directx release on the computer you are trying to run the program on. Remember, just because the pc has directx 9.0c and the latest dx version is 9.0c doesnt mean that the pc has the latest /release/ of direct x! so go ahead and update anyway

if all else fails you can go to where you installed the directx sdk on your computer (for me its in: C:\Program Files\Microsoft DirectX SDK (August 2007)) and goto the "Redist" folder in there. copy the contents of that folder to the pc you want to run your game on and run DXSETUP.exe to update that computer with the same version of DX as what you are using

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th May 2008 17:56
ok..... So I need to download the latest veersion of direct x onto the computer I am using? Ok, thanks!

Core2uu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 01:21
Not sure but you probably won't have proper user permissions on your school account to install anything... You could try though... Just a warning...

~~It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.~~
programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th May 2008 01:45
yeah, that is what I worry about.....

programing maniac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2008 04:57
Hey, I figured it out-- without downloading Direct X!!!!!

http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?d3dx9_35

I just downloaded that file, and it all worked fine! (Probably most of you already know this and think I am an idiot, but
Quote: "to fix the problem install the latest directx release on the computer you are trying to run the program on. Remember, just because the pc has directx 9.0c and the latest dx version is 9.0c doesnt mean that the pc has the latest /release/ of direct x! so go ahead and update anyway "

I just wanted to see if there was another way, other than that-- And I FOUND one! It is an acoplishment for ME, maybe not you....)

If you didn't know this, well.... Now you do. If you did... Well..... I can't really say much...

Thanks for all the help by the way!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-29 21:30:56
Your offset time is: 2024-09-29 21:30:56