Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Hello again and a question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 05:41
It's been a long time since I've been on here, and I'm not sure there will be many who remember me. Anyways, it's been a long time since I fooled around in FPSC, and I tried to open it today, with some issues. Since I last used the software, I've updated my graphics card. I'm running Windows XP and DirectX 9, yet FPSC is telling me I need a different version of DirectX 9 installed.

On that note, FPSC is somewhat unplayable now. Which is a shame, because I had some good maps in there. Which leads to my question: is it possible to somehow convert my FPSC maps so that they can be used by another engine? Hammer, for example?

Avaric Entertainment
Team Leader/Lead Developer
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 07:43
Most other engines use some sort of map format. Most of the ones I've seen use a form of .BSP maps.

Sadly, this isn't the case with FPSC.

If you can find a way to convert normal DBP objects into .BSP maps. Then you can simply swipe the universe object file from your FPSC folder and convert that into a .BSP map.

.... And on that note.... Good luck.

The one and only,

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 14:42
And after fixing that problem, upgrade to v1.09 or v1.10.1 (the v1.1 beta is recommended).

Pus In Boots
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2008 20:16 Edited at: 4th Jun 2008 20:17
Have you tried re-installing FPSC and/or installing v1.09? Because FPSC did this to me after our computer rebooted and it might just be the same case.

If it feels good, it's a sin.
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jun 2008 07:15
I tried installing v1.09. I suppose I could try a re-install. Thanks, guys.
op89x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2008 22:17
Well, looks like I can't even try a re-install. When trying to uninstall the software, I get some "catastrophic error" message, and I'm not allowed to re-install. Any suggestions now?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 01:30:58
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 01:30:58