Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Waiting to Join bug... FIXED!!!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 22:43
My PC had the "waiting to join" bug and I came across a thread a while ago that fixes it... I can't remember the thread url but hopefully the author will post and tell us (I think it was Errant AI, but don't quote me on it.) Anyway... My arena games work now I was so thrilled when it worked.

Here it is:

Quote: "To Get Ready For Play:

If you are playing over the internet:

1. If the host is running behind a router he must set up port forwarding on his router, to forward traffic on UDP port 2303 to his machine. Instructions for setting up port forwarding on a variety of routers can be found on portforward.com.

2. The server needs to obtain its internet IP (although not necessarily, depending on which version of FPSC you use), which is (I think) displayed at the bottom of the screen when you run the EXE. Otherwise, you can retrieve your IP by going to whatsmyip.net. This is the IP that the client must connect to.

3. Check firewalls, then the client should be able to connect to the server by using the IP address that displays in the server list.

If you are playing over a Local Area Network (LAN):

1. Make sure the server and client machine can see each other on the network. To do this have one machine ping the other from command prompt.

2. Make sure that the application is enabled in Windows Firewall on both machines, or perhaps even disable it. If you are using any other firewall, you will need to disable it or configure it allow the program to access the network.

3. Run the EXE on the server and start hosting a game.

4. Run the EXE on the client machine, select "join game", and on the screen that lists the servers you need to manually type the LAN IP of the server machine."

Wraith Games... Play Harder
Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 22:45
I made a cool arena game, so it was kinda important for this to work

Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2008 22:52
DarkFact posted it. Why post this? DarkFact's thread is a sticky; if one needs help, then they can read the stickies.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 00:14
Quote: "DarkFact posted it. Why post this? DarkFact's thread is a sticky; if one needs help, then they can read the stickies."

I thought I was being helpful... because people still ask that question...
Guess I didn't read the stickies... well, sorry for the redundant post... guess I'll just crawl back into my little cave of shame... AGAIN!

5867Dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 00:34 Edited at: 15th Jun 2008 00:36
I was thinking the same thing AI
[At first I said deathead. Weird]
Zdrok
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 01:33
@ Wraith Staff: C'mon, man. I wasn't being mean or anything. Come out of your cave, no reason to be in there.

Benjamin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2008 18:07
John Perone
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "It's not a bug."

It's a feature!

JP
flickenmaste
Years of Service