Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / More Commands Not Working [DP]

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 20:10
Seems all the commands I need are the ones that don't work. What is the point in collision commands in Dark Physics if half of them don't work.

So far i've tried every possible way to make these work and they don't return anything:
PHY GET COLLISION CONTACT NORMAL X ( ID, index )
PHY GET COLLISION CONTACT NORMAL Y ( ID, index )
PHY GET COLLISION CONTACT NORMAL Z ( ID, index )

PHY GET COLLISION CONTACT POINT X ( ID, index )
PHY GET COLLISION CONTACT POINT Y ( ID, index )
PHY GET COLLISION CONTACT POINT Z ( ID, index )

I've even tried saving their outputs to a debug file and writing it every frame but it just outputs 0, even if multiple collisions are taking place against the specified object.

I made a for next loop to check through its index from 0 to 100 but still nothing. So all I can say is that it appears broken. Without these all you can really do is push stuff around all day. I cant really make anything fancy without the use of another plugin that has decent raycasting/collision detection.

I find this diappointing because so much more could be done if these commands were working.

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 21:37
I looked in the Reference section, and if you look at the command "PHY GET COLLISION DATA", it says in the help file that when this command is called, THEN you can use the other collision commands like the ones you are trying to use.

Here's an example

I hope that helps.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 21:37
does the COLLISION feedback demo work for you if not then you may need to re install.

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 22:14
Also, since the demo I made works just fine with the latest update for DBPro, Dark Physics, and PhysX Drivers, if my demo and the Collision Feed Back Demo doesn't work, you might want to try to get the latest update. Or do you already have it?
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2008 22:46
Thanks for that Mickey, the reason it didnt appear to work for me is because I didn't get the collision index right.

That demo helped by the way.

One more thing though, could you test to see if PHY DELETE RIGID BODY is working. I've never had any problems with it before, but now it seems to do nothing or just crash my program.

Thanks

MickeyIII
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 23:42 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2008 23:59
Ok, I'll give it a go on My OLD system seeing as I only have ONE OLD SYSTEM!!! lol.

In short, I'll edit this post with the results, and you're welcome.

[b]Edit: This code seems to work for me. If it crashes for you, however, I've heard many times that the best solution is to just reinstall DP + Updates and Drivers...Read the code through first so you'll be clear on what the program does. Basicly, it Increases i until it gets to 501 or more, and when it does it deletes the rigid body and if it detects that the rigid body doesn't exist, it deletes the object. Then just press the Escape key to end the program...

Hope it works out, cuz I can't help out much further.

MickeyIII
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2008 23:46
Thanks Mickey

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:23:23
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:23:23