Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / New NVidia Cuda PhysX drivers - and Radeon problem! nvcuda.dll not found help please

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 03:56
I've been trying to figure out this new driver problem while the contest deadline looms ever closer doh!

I'm stuck with an AGP machine at the moment, but had been working on some great PhysX demos up until when I tried to install the latest NVidia PhysX drivers. It seems because I have a Radeon HD 3850 in this machine (actually the fastest AGP card atm, my first radeon hehheh), but anyway it seems there's a dependancy on the NVidia gfx drivers even if you own an Asus PhysX PPU. I can't install the NVidia drivers because I don't have a NVidia card in the machine as much as I'd like to. The error message when trying to run a DarkPhysics app, or even one of the built-in driver demos (Boxes, cloth, etc) is: nvcuda.dll not found. And then it brings you to the http://www.ageia.com/physx/drivers.html page. And of course that GPF's darkphysics.dll as well.

I followed the installation instructions for the new drivers and the dbPro updates to the letter, and have never had a problem since the first version =).

Has anyone figured out how to fix this? Do I actually have to go rip an NVidia card from another machine to get PhysX to run again?

Thanks very much for any help.

Best regards,
-=VRMan=-

World Famous 3D Screensavers
-- http://www.vrman3d.com --
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
install latest Physx drivers on your main PC.

Find a machine with Nvidia GPU and install latest Nvidia drivers. Go to Windows/System32 and find the necessary 2 DLL files (cuda dlls). Copy them to where your DBPro programm is.
VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 10:23
Wow so you think an NVidia card is required 4 sure then? Well I guess I'm outta the contest, too bad =(.

Any word/suggestion from you TGC moderators?

Thx 4 the response.

dark coder
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 10:25
Didn't Lee say in another thread that you should use an earlier version of the driver to avoid this issue?

Tv Xxx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2008 13:00 Edited at: 11th Jul 2008 13:01
dont use the latest, unless your cuda compertable,

else use

This Driver

Note: Uninstall Your Other Drivers First.

This Worked For Me

Oh and if your not using the trial, then make sure you have dbpro 6.9 and dark phy 1.05 (i think thats the latest one)

Yours Tv.

RanQor
Years of Service
User Offline
I've tried placing the Cuda dll's in the directory, and when runing the DBPro app it tells me that its not compatible and then exits the application. I had to install the older PhysX driver that doesnt rely on Cuda for it to work.

I've paid for the PhysX PPU, I should be able to run any driver without having to buy a newer Graphics card. This is horrible implimentation on Nvidia's side and I hope this gets changed, or i'll be switching to Radeon.(I also hope Nvidia fixes the drivers so you can get multi-desktop working while SLI is enabled)
Cash Curtis II
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2008 16:10
Cuda has to be installed. It wasn't officially compatible with my 8700M GT but I used a workaround I found on Google and it works now. If it is then you can place nvcuda.dll in the project folder and it will run.

Come see the WIP!
VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 06:16
Wow rough couple weeks, first all my PhysX dev environments fail from these drivers (C++/gdk/dp, and DBPro/Dp) then I'm trying desperately to get them back up and I lose internet access for an unknown reason. FINALLY got it back up today, turns out MS Automatic Updates nailed me (3 machines) and perhaps millions of others running certain firewalls, the update broke all our firewalls bleah!

Any chance the deadline for the NVidia PhysX dev contest could be pushed back a bit please TGC'ers? I have some great looking stuff but it won't be done by the 20th thanks to these PhysX driver issues (I still don't have it going, eek! but now that iNet is back, I'm going to try all your great suggestions folks. Thanks =). I appreciate your consideration on the contest deadline.

Best regards,
-=VRMan=-

VRMan3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jul 2008 06:54
Well cool thx Tvxxx and the rest, using that driver worked fine. I was under the impression though that your demos for the contest need to be able to run in Cuda accelerated PhysX mode. Hopefully they will update the driver soon to clear this up.

Thanks again, -=VRMan=-

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-19 02:14:22
Your offset time is: 2024-09-19 02:14:22