Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Is this good for ORPG?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I been researching on the internet about the different language use to make a MMORPG. I'm not so much concern to have a MMORPG developed, but I would like to created an online rpg with about 6 -10 players on it. Anyone tried using this to create a multiplayer online game?

Accepting all Super Smash Brother Brawl players and Mario Kart Wii players. Bring it on!
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 11:20
everybody wants to make MMORPG! its waaaay harder than people think! In theory, it is possible, but you will have to use other things besides to do the networking.
Gasilli
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2008 20:47
If you really want to make an MMORPG, I would suggest using an engine made for that, such as Multiverse or the Torque MMO Kit.
jasonhtml
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2008 05:57
wow, he clearly stated that he wanted a 6-10 player ORPG...

to answer your question:
someone has yet to COMPLETE an ORPG using DBP or GDK, but many are in the process of doing it, like me. I have been working for the past 6 years on an MMORPG. it's doing quite well, and if you are going for 6-10 players, i say its absolutely possible. i've already tested a playable server with 4 friends on it.

as long as you have the experience or patience to gain experience, i don't see why you couldn't make an ORPG.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-09-30 09:21:55
Your offset time is: 2024-09-30 09:21:55