Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Issues with my FPSC Install

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 13:15
Ok. I need help with an issue that's come up on my FPSC install....

I had my Hard Drive set in two partitions, one to hold Vista stuff, and one to hold all my programs and such. I installed FPSC on my new I directory, and everything was ok until I had an update for Vista that meant my C drive was dangerously close to being filled up completely, which I guessed would be a bad thing...

So I redid the Drive partitions, and moved all my stuff to a Drive J. FPSC still ran ok, but the store wasn't working. I went to re-install V1.09, and because of it's stupid automated install, I couldn't tell it to install to J rather than I, the same with the main FPSC install, and all updates above V1.08....

The main issue is that when I try to re-install, modify, or remove my FPSC install, I get a "Catastrophic Install Failure" because it's looking for my I directory that doesn't exist anymore! So now I can't use FPSC, and I can't install it.....

Does anybody know a way to help me with this?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 13:32 Edited at: 1st Nov 2008 13:33
I'm afraid what you have done in moving the files was a big mistake you should have uninstalled and reinstalled just keeping the specific files you wanted and copying them. e.g only the file sin entitybank folder

Never copy the exe or ini files as this is waht causes the catastrophic error.

The only way you can fix this is to do a complete pc reinstall removing all partions and starting again sorry for this bad news there is now way to fix it apart from that.

Good Luck

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 13:50
You're kidding, right?

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 14:09
I'm sorry but no im not. This happened to me a twice and each time i tried everything system restore the lot but what ever i try the only way to fix it is a OS reinstall.

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 15:21
Hmmm, couldn't I just rename my J drive to I?

Is that possible, (I'm very hazy on these kinds of things)?

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 15:46
Success! I renamed my J drive to I, and everything's hunky-dory!

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 17:39
Thats good to hear.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 15:20:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 15:20:52