Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / can i make any entity follow a way point of move along a straight line?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 19:36
hi every1
i was wondering if i can i make any entity follow a way point of move along a straight line, i tried changing the main script of a random entity to pace and placed it near waypoint but didn't work, i don't need complex ways just a straight line, is it possible?
TY
The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 19:44
The entity must be a character for this to work and the script you change must be main script change it too pace.fpi

Punk13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 22:23
not really........You can import the model into milkshape give it a bone/joint then export it back into fpsc.

RAMPAGE STOLE MY CHEEZ-ITS!
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 23:23
i don't need any joints for it i just want it to slide across a straight line, like pushing a box
CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Nov 2008 23:27
It still needs them to be classed as a character, which it needs to be to follow waypoints.....

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 01:27
Quote: "It still needs them to be classed as a character, which it needs to be to follow waypoints....."

Which means add the line:

ischaracter = 1

to the entities FPE file.

Best.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 02:24
Be careful doing that, xplosys. Classifying an entity as a charcter prety much forfeits it's ability to have decent physics applied to it.

The one and only,

Those who live in the past, are destined to insanity. Those who live only for the future, will be slaves to their ambitions.
Those who live in the moment... only they, are truly happy.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 02:26 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2008 02:27
Quote: "The entity must be a character for this to work"

Sorry guys but this is not quite true. I've had many an entity move along a way point. You just need to change some of the properties. Obviously it won't act like a character and won't go up or down stairs but an entity can be made to follow a waypoint. The AntiGrav platform can follow waypoints.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 03:14 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2008 03:20
Quote: "Be careful doing that, xplosys."

Thanks, I'll be very careful. Nickydude, could you expound on that a bit? What are the settings? Is it in "The" guide?

Best.

Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 15:07
Nickydude can u say how plz, i read almost all the community guide but didn't find a similar topic
TY
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 15:31 Edited at: 2nd Nov 2008 15:37
i tried converting it to character, it follows the waypoint fine but half the entity is burried underground, i edited fpe again and added

and it worked
i have a new idea maybe some1 can benifit from it, what i wanted to move is a tank, am thinking of giving it an rpg so it looks like its firing at u, i'll test it and tell u the results
THX ALL 4 UR HELP
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 15:37
There is a new command: raisefactor = x where x equals the value to raise the entity. I'm not sure if that will work when the entity follows waypoints because the waypoint sets the entity back to default level. (I think)

You may have to import the mode and raise it in the editor. If your going to do that, you might as well give it a bone/joint or whatever it needs for that. I haven't started making characters yet, so I don't know.

Best.

JunckMAn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 15:41
unfortunately, i had such trouble too. then i've taken follow.fpi and it goes thru waipoints. i am not sure, the pace and pace10 scripts do actually work. if u need it for for example for a cardbox to move use in general follownorotate.fpi. if somebody of masters diagree, tell me that

And u didnt believe i was russian
JunckMAn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 15:44
because my platform, guards and other waypoint entities didnot follow waypoints, and ignored it

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 16:06
Quote: "Nickydude, could you expound on that a bit? What are the settings?"

Of course

I'm assuming you just want the entity to go in a straight line following a waypoint?

Right click on the entity and change the following:

Static Mode: No
Start: appearnogravity.fpi
Main: follow.fpi
Physics On: No

and that really is about it, place it on a waypath and it should follow. I'm afraid it does appear half way into the floor and I haven't tried the raisefactor command yet.

Robert F
User Banned
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 16:13
I have made a entity's move in straight paths all the time. Its great for making a ghost like game. Stuff just floats around and moves.

Just follow Nickydude's post

^ Click on my SIG! ^
JunckMAn
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 16:26
Quote: "The entity must be a character for this to work and the script you change must be main script change it too pace.fpi
"
why pace.fpi???

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 17:23
Those settings work well for me, and raisefactor does as well.

Best.

Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Nov 2008 20:32
well as i posted before i fixed that hidden space with this code in the fpe, i just copied it from a character's fpe

i guess that's it SOLVED

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-11 17:30:06
Your offset time is: 2024-10-11 17:30:06