Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Awesome new SkyCars release! (v1.10)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2003 12:52
Thanks, glad to hear it, Dark Padawan!

The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 00:07
How'd you get the big eye emoticon thingy cuzz I don't see it....I only see these
and

"Nintendo GameCube is the best" and " I am nearing the day I become a Jedi" - The Dark Padawan
Hell IVIonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2003 09:17
Click the more link next to the emoticons...

The Dark Padawan
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 03:17
oh silly me

"Nintendo GameCube is the best" and " I am nearing the day I become a Jedi" - The Dark Padawan
Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 20:36
The asteroids were just too hard. That bit where you have to go in the tunnel sneakily beneath this huge cluster of them? I thought I had to jump it... and I could! Until the latest version appeared...

Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2003 20:40
Saturn's definately the easiest.
When I first played the game, I found I couldn't do Earth 3, so I gave up on that and just flicked throught the rest of the levels. To my amazement, Saturn (all three levels) was easier than Earth (3). I expect Bryce is so good at it because it's the quickest set of levels to load if you want to speedily check a little engine change (I do the same with Home Planet on Peregrin)

QuothTheRaven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 09:57
I just spent the last half hour playing this game, and I did not enjoy it. I might go as far as calling it..pretty bad.

The physics are what did it. I simply couldn't beat the first level because of the mindless physics. Do you want to fall off the edge? How bout a little extra push? Want to change direction in mid air? too bad! Think you can use that jump key...well now you cant. I got 3/4 of the way through the first level and just alt f4ed it, partly out of frustration, but mostly because it didn't seem worth finishing. I don't know, the physics are just mind boggling. I would expect a little more leniency of movement in space, but apparently not...

Hell IVIonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 11:26 Edited at: 19th Oct 2003 12:02
To each his own, I suppose...

I like the physics because they are more realistic this way. Play the original (and commercially successful) Bluemoon game SkyRoads for a reference [http://www.bluemoon.ee]. An object in motion stays in motion unless acted upon by an outside force. If you're in the air, you can't modify your left/right force; the only active force is gravity. I did, however, bend these rules a bit: you do have limited mid-air control during the beginning of your jump. But for sake of realism, I will not make the car anywhere near as easy to control in air as it is on land. Doesn't sound "mindless" to me, but rather challenging. Get the hang of the controls instead of getting mad at them... you'll enjoy yourself more.

That said, the game is not for everybody. I DO NOT aim to please everybody with this game: if I did, I'd have a very mushy and dulled game (same reason I hate pop music). Certainly not everybody is like you, as I have talked to many a player who got the hang of the game physics and controls and enjoyed the game thoroughly. I know I'm doing something correct when I get Paypal donations.

Magpie
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Oct 2003 18:12
Earth is a pretty frustrating set, but if you get the hang of the game, you'll find it's pretty good and considering that you got it for free, I don't really think you have anything to complain about. If you don't like the physics stick to your own games.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 08:39:55
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 08:39:55