Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] FPS Creator Rip-Off (No offense Game Creators)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I woke up this morning in hopes of finally testing the beta version of my FPSC game, when suddenly i realized, there was no build tool! Come on Game Creators, as if Fps Creator didn't cost enough, we have to pay 20 more dollars just to build the game! Besides having to pay for model packs and entities from the TGC store, COME ON!, this is the how I feel about having to build the game builder, I'm pretty much flat broke already. Think about how your customers feel when they finally buy FPSC for 50$ and then they find out they have to pay 20$ more to buy the game builder, how ridiculous!

For those of you who have read this, thank you
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 11:59
If you bought the $50 version of FPSC it already has the ability to build the game. It sounds like during an update your serial number has been 'lost'... This results in your full version of FPSC saying it is FPSC free...

You just need to type your serial number into the userdetails.ini file and the build game option will be back... There are many, many threads on the subject if you can't work out where to put it.

The Fps Creator rocks!
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 17:29
If you don't know where userdetails.ini is, I'll tell you. CLick start or the ball on Windows Vista, click "My Computer", click "C:/" or the hard drive you used to install FPSC, click program files or the folder you used to install FPSC if installed on another drive, find the folder called "The Game Creators", click the folder called "Fps Creator", click the userdetails.ini file.

I want a new computer!
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
...lol.

The Next
Web Engineer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 17:49
Lmao

OMG what has this world come to that someone has to explain how to get to the FPSC directory. That made me laugh so much made my day.

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 19:59
Quote: "You just need to type your serial number into the userdetails.ini file and the build game option will be back... There are many, many threads on the subject if you can't work out where to put it."

Many threads means many instances.
Lee should really try to fix this, because you have to wonder how many people had this happen and then didn't post.
I am sure some people just wrote it off as a loss and gave up on it, which means loss of revenue on all the other TGC products.
This bug/glitch is definitely turning some customers away from the start, which is a critical time for building lasting customer relationships.

Seth Black
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th May 2009 21:19
...amen.

Gamer 2point0
Years of Service
User Offline
Well thanks for the help, but I applied the update and I did what you guys said and the feature still isn't there.
dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 17:14
Then you probably entered your serial code wrong...either that or it's not a valid serial code(not saying that yours isn't valid)
I don't know if this makes a difference but don't use spaces
I know this makes difference, capitalization counts, so if your serial code says 123Ab you write 123Ab not 123ab

Hope this helps

It is common sense to take a method and try it. If it fails, admit it frankly and try another. But above all, try something. ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th May 2009 17:38 Edited at: 10th May 2009 17:38
That really sucks, because when I bought FPS Creator several months ago I didn't know about that, and I bought the build game upgrade in the store for $20.

Success is not final--failure is not eternal.
beachard5
Years of Service
User Offline
wow i shouldnt even be posting on this. its pretty dumb that you think its a rip off you should really have check around the forums before thinking that its a rip off.

You either didnt buy the 50$ one or you have entered the serial code wrong you CANT have any spaces dark peanut kinda covered it all

Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2009 01:53
Quote: "Many threads means many instances.
Lee should really try to fix this, because you have to wonder how many people had this happen and then didn't post.
I am sure some people just wrote it off as a loss and gave up on it, which means loss of revenue on all the other TGC products.
This bug/glitch is definitely turning some customers away from the start, which is a critical time for building lasting customer relationships."

I agree but it also must be a very difficult bug/glitch to fix because it doesn't affect everyone. In all the times I have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled/upgraded my copy of FPSC I've never once had it turn into FPSC Free because my serial number disappeared...

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 11th May 2009 02:00
Quote: " In all the times I have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled/upgraded my copy of FPSC I've never once had it turn into FPSC Free because my serial number disappeared..."

Same here, many times. When I first heard this, I thought that it was suspicious. In time, many more have experienced the issue so I don't know what to think. Certainly a glitch in the Matrix, but unless everyone who has it happen gives a full accountability of their system and software - and a commonality can be found - it's going to be tough to fix.

Brian.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2009 16:31 Edited at: 11th May 2009 16:37
Quote: "In all the times I have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled/upgraded my copy of FPSC I've never once had it turn into FPSC Free because my serial number disappeared..."

Ditto. I do a lot of beta testing so sometimes even go back and forth between versions and betas. Not sure why that happens to a few; and that is why it is easy to be suspicious.

Addendum:

Also, I don't understand why it is hard for some people (no offense to those who don't) to use email support directly. It's a lot easier than posting to the forums and you will get an answer and/or help. You can also go here:

http://thegamecreators.com/?m=contact_support

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
FredP
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th May 2009 16:59
Quote: "In all the times I have installed/uninstalled/reinstalled/upgraded my copy of FPSC I've never once had it turn into FPSC Free because my serial number disappeared..."

Same with me.I never had the serial number problem.

Failing at every guitar game ever made!
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "click the userdetails.ini file."

I clicked and it becomes grey, how do I put my serial number in.

And I've never had this serial number problem either.
henrypan321
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I clicked and it becomes grey"

Maybe you should open it by double clicking?
After that you can just type it in.
daarboven
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th May 2009 02:40
Got turned to be a Free-User once trough an upgrade, but as a frequent reader of the forum I knew what to do and fixed it.
It's a bug, it's known around here, it hopefully gets fixed some day, and there is a way to handle it...What else there is to say? Rant less, read more perhaps

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.
Brennan
User Banned
Posted: 13th May 2009 20:55 Edited at: 13th May 2009 23:30
Removed
crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm taking the liberty to report your little video to The Game Creators, as well as to the YouTube staff also. "How to get model packs 1-18 FREE". How nice of you.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th May 2009 23:30
Brennan, you are banned for showing how to pirate FPSC media.

crispex
Years of Service
User Offline
I've reported this to the TGC, and flagged the YouTube video. I also plan to contact the owner of the site that is hosting the files, and reporting.

Temporarly away from the Phoenix Sentry.
Brennan 2
User Banned
Posted: 14th May 2009 00:50
I never posted that video I ment the one how to get it CHEAPER isnt that obvious because of the TOPIC?! So next time think it through before you go ahead an ban someone for something they never POSTED!
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
Is this by any chance the little fat smug kid posting something how to get bonds stuff for free?
Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th May 2009 01:25
Brennan, you showed people a means to get pirated stuff, just because you never pirated it yourself doesn't mean it's ok. Think it through before you go around showing everyone how to get illegal goods.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 11:18:52
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 11:18:52