Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Question for FPSC Modders

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 15:03
Hi.Now,I study programing from High School.Now,I finished C Languege. And I learning C++ and API.But My High School doesn't teaching Dark Basic.I really want to learn Dark Basic.So,I studying Dark basic alone.And I know a little.However definitely,it doesn't easy.And I ask to my teacher and friends.but they said "Sorry,I don't know that."
I want to make My Mod.So I intended to edit fpsc source code.but It's very huge.I don't edit fpsc source code.I said alone "It's Very HUGE and So LONG".Excuse me,Please Help to This Newbie Programmr!.

Here is my question for FPSC Modders.

-How I learning DarkBasic more easy?
-I'm Newbie in dark basic.Can I edit fpsc source code?
-How I analyticity very huge and very long fpsc source code?
-How I edit very huge fpsc source code?
-Before,I thought lens flare feature.Can it add to fpsc?

Your signature has been erased by a mod,why is it way too large?
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 15:09 Edited at: 31st May 2009 15:10
Quote: "-I'm Newbie in dark basic.Can I edit fpsc source code?"

It took me 5 days to make my rain, snow and moving lights for xrMod and that's with no previous experience with DBPro.
So I think that if you've already learnt a bit of it then you'll be just fine.

knxrb

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 15:27
Well this is just me, but I found the tutorials in DBC useful and also there is a book I think it is called, beginners guide to dark basic, I found it very useful. Although they are for dbc not dbpro the languages are very similar. There are also hands on dbpro books which are good. Now I probably would go about learning dbpro differently now, but this worked for me many years ago learning dbc, with NO prior programming knowledge.

I also would not dive straight into making a mod, ok it worked fine for knxrb but the source is huge and it would be better to start making a smaller project, grasping the basics, then working on the source when you get a good understanding of dbpro.

I hope that helps That is just my opinion anyway.

Nickydude
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 15:30
Quote: "It took me 5 days to make my rain, snow and moving lights for xrMod and that's with no previous experience with DBPro."

That depends on how program language minded you are, I've had DBPro and "Hands on DBPro 1 & 2" books but haven't been able to do anything yet. Some people pick it up easily, others don't.

Good Luck.

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2009 23:55
I agree with Nickydude. It also matter on what type of syntax you're used to using. knxrb, you've been using VB for your apps, so you've had previous basic syntax experience, so DBP might come easier to you than puppysss since he's only had previous experience with the C syntax.

The one and only,

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
puppysss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2009 07:50
sorry for I saw your saying too loooong

Anyway,Thanks!

Your signature has been erased by a mod,why is it way too large?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:19:42
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:19:42