Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Trying to do a collide with stairs using a rotated object

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Long story short I imported a FPSC map to Dark GDK, I didn't know how to make the character collide with the map's objects a lone, so I added a square on every part of the game for the character to collide with(about 50 :S).

I know there might have been a much MUCH better way, but I needed something to be done at a certain time as fast as possible, now all I need is for the character to use the stairs, so for the character to collide with the stairs I did :

Then put the object on top of the stairs.

But I don't know how to code the idea, of him "when colliding with stairs from down to go up and from up to go down"
jezza
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2009 15:24
Are you using sparky's collision or the in built collision? If the inbuilt, do a forum search for Sparky's

yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
ya am using sparky's collision
kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2009 09:52 Edited at: 13th Jun 2009 09:53
Do something in your collision code like this:

If player collides with wall move him up a few units and retry collision. If the "wall" the player is colliding with is some stairs then the collision should pass and then he will move up a step, if its a regular wall, moving him up the few units shouldnt be enough to get him over the wall so it would'nt work like stairs (it makes sense to me i might need to clear it up a bit though)

yahya
Years of Service
User Offline
Will thats kinda my plan and same time question, I really don't know how to do that with Dark GDK :S, the logic is there, but the method is not.
kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2009 06:27
Collision is sort of tricky at first, do a search in the tgc gdk forum for "collision" and sift through those there is bound to be an answer.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:35:38
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:35:38