Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Quick Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 09:59 Edited at: 10th Jun 2009 10:00
Would there be any problem with loading a model with a moldel number of around 100, then say a couple lines later load another model with the modelnumber of around 2000? is that going to cause me issues?

Because my games going to have a lot of models that load in and out during various times, I never want to use the same model number twice at the same time for two different opjects, so I was thinking about using large model numbers to give myself a buffer of sorts to work with.

Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 10:32 Edited at: 10th Jun 2009 10:33
That shouldn't cause any issues, however I think there is a better way to accomplish what you want.

Stick that in your code somewhere, and whenever you want to create an object, do something like this:

It's much cleaner and ensures that you use every object number available to you ( There are a finite number ). Plus, it's far more readable to refer to your objects with actual names rather than numbers. 'PlayerModelID' is quite a bit more descriptive than say...'2452'

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2009 10:46
hmm that would work perfectly except i have a client server setup and all the clients must have the same model numbers..i guess i could try and make the server handle all the model numbers

Thanks for that! =D

Nuvak
Years of Service
User Offline
Ok, this is a general question and I am sure everyone has a different answer for it.
What is the deal with Mac when it comes to game programing? I am interested in movie making and apple is recomended for editing. But I am afraid that if I purchase a Mac I will have to dump or adujst my game creating skills.

PS. My old computer is almost dead.

Thank you in advance

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:18:54
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:18:54