Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Project Wont Work If Not Debugging?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 01:58 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 02:18
Well...Here it is again, another problem >.<

If I run my client project in Debug Release mode it all works fine as i've coded it, as soon as I go and run the .exe myself (yes all media is where it should be in according to the .exe's position) half the sutff wont work.

Now that just doesnt make sense, doesnt running in debug release mode just compile to the release folder then run the .exe it makes there?

I don't even know where to begin debugging this one myself..
I don't even know what code to post >.<

AlexI
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 02:36 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 02:38
Quote: "doesnt running in debug release mode just compile to the release folder then run the .exe it makes there?"

2 folders:

Debug mode = Project/debug
Release mode = Project/release

Quote: "half the sutff wont work."

Like???

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 02:56
Well, my 'player' object W is now backwards S is now forwards D does nothing any more A does nothing any more, holding right click and moving the mouse now only moves the view up and down, instead of up and down & left and right + moving the 'player' model left and right, just a few things that work when i do debug release, but not straight run the exe, Yes i am 100% positave all my media is in the correct spot to get loaded when i run the exe file, i dont get this mainly because it works when i debug->release.

Phosphoer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 06:21
Are you sure you are opening the same .exe that was created? Try changing something really obvious and see if it is reflected in the .exe.

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 06:33 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 06:37
It is definatly the correct exe file...

The server program works either way..

Michael P
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 10:35 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 10:38
Disable optimizations in project settings, sometimes they cause problems.

It is also possible that your code is buggy and causing memory corruption. There are differences in the way memory works between debug and release, which explains why it is okay in debug. Check through your code looking for buffer overruns, accessing deallocated memory etc.

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2009 11:31 Edited at: 11th Jun 2009 11:39
I've disabled optimazations, still same problems. Also I haven't really stoped checking the code since I started this thread =P

EDIT:
ZOMFG I got it working!!!

The error was because for some reason the gdk/visual studio didnt want me to do a dbRotateObject in one particular area... what a wierd thing to make my project do what it did

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:23:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:23:31