Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Walk Around Sphere

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 12:15
Hey! I was wondering if someone could help me with getting a model to walk around a sphere.

I understand the concept, but the math for it is not there.

Basically I just need to figure out how to always rotate the model so that it looks like it's standing on the sphere properly (just like normal walking around on earth )

zapakitul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 12:29 Edited at: 15th Jun 2009 12:31
Check this out: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149976&b=22. I had the same question, and jezza, prasoc and ABXG helped me out allot. There's also a video, and source there. Good luck.
Edit: Hm, i just saw there's no video or source there ! Here's the source code:

And the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvYY2XGsjA8 But do check that topic, since it will help you understand the concept better.
kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2009 13:00
Ah! Thank you =D

kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jun 2009 06:39
(sorry for double post but the thread never would have been looked at again if i would have only edited)

I'm afraid i'm at a loss with your code and need a different way to do this.

I can't really have my player following a cube around cause it causes conflicts with other aspects of my game.

Is there no way to use sin cos or tan to figure which angle to set the player at?

*wishes I was back in school to ask geometry teacher xD*

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:26:36
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:26:36