Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Dark GDK LeveL not textured

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 06:05 Edited at: 18th Jun 2009 06:08
ok i've been toying around with importing an FPSC level into Dark GDK,i tried putting these files into the main project directory/Files : the whole "texturebank" folder, and "lightmaps" folder,idk why my level is still untextured, the code:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 07:05
what is the folder structure of your fpsc level exactly, as in... from your project's root folder, where is it all situated..

I dont know FPSC levels very well, ive only loaded them a couple of times, but I remember that the entire thing had to be embedded quite deeply inside a folder structure starting with a folder called somthing like "levelbank"

C:\C++ Project Folder\LevelLoadProject\media\Levelbank

or something like that, maybe experimenting with it, looking at the folder structure exactly as it was exported from FPSC will help too, and tell you how deeply the whole "texturebank", "lightmaps" etc folders need to be.

Good Luck

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
kklouzal
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 12:25
Ah I also could not get .dbo files to texture, so I simply started exporting to .x instead of .dbo although i'm not sure if that helps you much.

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jun 2009 20:41
I found that when i exported a level with 3DWS as .dbo, the textures were replaces with just plain colors. So i messed around a bit and i found that when i gave the level a lightmap and exported it then deleted the lightmap and loaded it, it was textured. So try deleting the lightmap if you are using one.

thm120
Years of Service
User Offline
stilll nothing, by the way wat is all that 3dW about? i saw the loader but had no idea what to do with it, ie how to convert my level to 3dw or even wat to conver
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2009 03:29
3D World Studio (3DWS or 3DW) is a software package for developing environments, game levels and the like..

Here is a link to the products page for 3D Word Studio :
http://3dworldstudio.thegamecreators.com/

The product has a trial so u can see what its all about, but I think the exporting options are limited during the trial.

It is quite a nice product, and functions in much the same way Source's Hammer editor, Half-Life editors and Quake Editors if you are familiar with any of those.

There are a number of export/import options for it, ranging from exporting objects as .x files to a proprietry 3dwstudio format. There is also a loader for the proprietry format for DarkGDK and DarkBasic Pro, but it is quite complex and if you dont have a solid grounding in c++ can be quite hard to follow.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!
puppyofkosh
Years of Service
User Offline
I had the same problem, this helped.

http://www.darkgamestudio.com/movies.php

First vid.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 03:37:49
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 03:37:49