Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Program Announcements / Lost City of Vampires RPG (New Version)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2009 22:31 Edited at: 26th Jun 2009 22:35
New version uses sort of a Tower Defense style of gameplay.

There is a demo and screen shots on my website.

http://www.lasthalfofdarkness.com/vampirecity/vampire.htm

Any comments are welcome... I want to make it a better game so please let me know any suggestions you might have.

Thanks
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 03:38
Downloading now.

FYI, the links to the videos (on the demo page) appear to be broken for me.

The one and only,

billy777
Years of Service
User Offline
@Plystire - Thanks for taking a look.

Just checked the links - they work fine for me - If anyone else cannot see the movies from the demo page (or main page for that matter) - please let me know.

Thanks
Bill
BMacZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 04:40
Looks very cool...the videos seem to work for me - IE8, XP.

Diggsey: I have a spine and memory, but one memorable guy says he hates me. What am I?
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2009 05:23
It looks good, and the vampire tower defense vibe is the coolest rendition I've ever seen..and it's DBC on top of that!

...only thing is I couldn't play it because the main GUI at the bottom would not show up. It appeared as three colored blocks. Only thing I could see was the health potions belt. Too bad, it looked like some bloody fun.

billy777
Years of Service
User Offline
@BMacZero - Thanks for letting me know it works for you.

@Josh Mooney - Very strange... no one else mentioned anything like this - you might want to try updating your video card drivers or at least do a re-boot and try again - It might be something specific with your video card - All I am doing is a db classic paste image for that GUI (thanks for at least taking a look)
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2009 01:43
Played it last night... DBC doesn't seem to like Vista, as I was constantly getting a white (fullscreen) flickering effect. Might wanna warn people about that as I would hate for someone to have a siesure or something.

I quickly loaded up a game before the flickering got to me too much. I ran out of "life force" very quickly because I spammed a skill that apparently did nothing at all, and thus was only able to put up a single actual tower

I'll see if I can get the flickering to go away later when I find time to sit down and do it.

Only comments I have right now were that it rans moothly and I very much enjoyed the graphics. Well done in those departments.

The one and only,

billy777
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks for trying to play the game Plystire - That's strange you are getting flickering - I have several Vista Machines with various video cards, etc and it works fine.

I hate these kind of errors because I cannot recreate them to try to fix them.

When I bring these kind of errors up to Dark Basic support... they usually always say "Update your video card drivers" - so I will pass that on to you.

Also... I may need to make it easier with more lifeforce for beginning players huh?

Thanks again for trying.
Dragon Knight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jun 2009 05:39
awh waw, i've only recently started getting back into these types of games , looks pretty cool. Hehe do i spot some models from the dark matter pack xD, slightly edited with a twinkle in their eye lol

serious note though, looks awesome dude, keep up the good work

billy777
Years of Service
User Offline
@Dragon Knight - Thanks for the comments...

Has anyone else had a chance to play it? If so... let me know if you have any suggestions regarding gameplay.

Thanks
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2009 01:43
Wow... I'll have to play the demo to give you some feedback though... Give me a few days

TheComet

Make the path of your enemies easier with Waypoint Pro!
lucifer 1101
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2009 04:31
Hello billy777, I am here on behalf of the DBP Buddies asking if we may place your excellent game on our website at http://dbpbuddies.co.cc/, we would be very grateful to have your game on there and would love to see more from you in the future.

Please if you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact any of the DBP Buddies staff..

Best Regards Lucifer1101

BowserYo
Years of Service
User Offline
Diablo anyone? Looks good!

ßõw§€r¥¤

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:33:28
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:33:28