Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] "Official Apple Juice Mod Thread"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2009 21:32
I'll be sure to add some left-handed options in my game just for you, Nickydude.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 03:00
Quote: "Oh the horror!"

I know. However, today i found some code that helps make this even better. I now get about 55 fps.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 06:57
Okay, I think this deserves its own post.

I successfully edited the Physics system. Objects, by default, wont have such low gravity, however, using new script commands, you can make the gravity higher or lower globally.

Have an apple.

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 07:19
Sounds amazing!! Great work Apple Slicer! Now does this mean you could set all the objects to no gravity and they'd react accordingly? Like start floating and stuff?

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 07:23 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 07:24
Yes. And, you can also reactivate gravity. Wizkids addition.

EDIT: You can now set the player gravity. So you can have Halo jumping!!!

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 08:10 Edited at: 11th Jul 2009 16:44
WOW...just wow!! I think this could grow to be extremely popular if its not already. With knxrb and Wizmod integrating and being noncommercial unless you pay, this will be the only free for commercial use 1.15 mod. I salute you for all of your effort

dark peanut

Look for me on CoD4 online for PC. My username's Arbiquator (strange I know but it's the first thing that came to mind)

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Great work Apple Slicer. Keep this up.

Looking forward mate.

Red Eye

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 11:15
@dark peanut:
airmod is for v.0.07

Coming soon: what lies beneath.
check out the official thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153893&b=25
knxrb
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 11:47
Quote: "this will be the only free for commercial use 1.15 mod"

From what I've been told, Apple Slicer is making this mod as the new faster base for WizMod, so I think this mod is being made to make WizMod faster.
Am I correct Apple?

knxrb

CoffeeGrunt
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 12:34
The physics edits sound pretty cool, I can't wait for a demo...

If we're all God's Children, then what's so special about Jesus?
shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 13:40
yeah, i like physics.. float... float... boom!
that's my impression of a floating guy shooting a floating zombie with a floating shotgun (that floats)

check out the official thread: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=153893&b=25
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 15:29
Looks like things are slowely coming together with this mod Also sry I havn't been on my main comp or have had time to beta test or help with development. I've been quite busy now.

[img][/img]

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 21:18
Knxrb,everyone else- Yes, this mod will be the new base source code for Wizmod. However, I am going to keep this thread open to post any progress I make, and perhaps share a demo.

Thanks to all.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 21:33
Glad to hear it. I suspect many improvements.

[img][/img]

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2009 21:54
Dang...I was hoping this would be seperate and free. Well I wish you luck where ever you go with it!!

dark peanut

Wizzkid
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 03:07
Well, like apple slicer said it will be a base for wizmod, but there is a free version of wizmod you could use... Great job apple!

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2009 13:36
awwwww... poop.

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 00:27
Sorry mate.

But its been one hell of a job working on this mod, staying up most the night...ect.

At any rate, I dont know if this is going to get integrated into wizmod or not. I might just keep it to myself for my game. Since Wizkid hasnt been online to discuss at all.

Anyways, i will have a speed demo up later.

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jul 2009 18:19
surely you can integrate it and release it seperately? it can't be that hard. (sorry if it is, i have no knowledge of modding)

Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 01:17
Quote: "its been one hell of a job working on this mod, staying up most the night...ect."

Bedroom programmers thrive off of 20 minute power naps during compiles. Better get used to it

The one and only,

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2009 02:12 Edited at: 14th Jul 2009 02:14
Ahaha i can only imagine. Used to do the same things when I began modelling my first high poly characters ...yet I never got a chance to take 20 minute compile naps, they were more like 4 minute render naps.

[img][/img]

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 22:04
Hmmm... i geneerally tend to sleep.

anyway, back on topic, how's the mod going?

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 22:57 Edited at: 17th Jul 2009 23:07
Well I myself aren't sure but there hasn't been any updates with wizmod or this. Altough they could be developing things behind the scenes and will share when more progress is made. Also i dont think apple is working too hard on this since hes experimenting and making games with c++ on another game engine.

Be patient tho this mod has great potential. Believe me I'm the lead tester and assist in development

[img][/img]

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 03:49
Hey,

a quick update on just about everything.

I am no longer going to use fpsc. I am using a much more powerful, easier, faster, game engine running on C++. Fpsc is horrid compared to this. Even if every single mod merged, it would in no way compare.

Knxrb has All of my code for Apple Juice mod. He is working on his game, like we all should, and making a personal mod, for that game. I am excited to see what he comes up with.

Wizkid has been missing, I have no idea where he is. Havent gotten any emails returned.

Dark Goblin is a very busy man. I have not heard from him either.

Wizmod is more or less.....missing in action...

I would recommend everyone move on to a better game program. Especially if you are serious about having a career in Game dev, grab a copy of hard cold C++.

I am not leaving the fpsc side of the forums, but I am not using the product. I will still check up on how things go here.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 04:10
Say goodnight to "Apple Juice 9" JK

Best of luck with your game dev.

Brian.

Lizzie Borden took an axe and gave her mother forty whacks.

fpsFREE - Contact Me
DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 04:11
Kyle just translated what i said into tougher terms for those members who had high hopes for this mod.

Believe him C++ is incredible and im sure hes doing great work from it. I've seen his engine as well and its one powerful beast. I myself used to use c++ but after all the time i havn't typed a command i've slowely forgotten them all.

Hopefully knxrb puts the mod to use and mabye release it to the public when hes done.

I havn't recieved any updates from wizkid or the team. So i agree with kyle wizmod appears to be innactive from what im seeing.

Dark goblin is busy he is in the middle of development for Cranox mod. Im actually giving his mod full support for the time being since wizmod is inactive. I hope to assist him in development,testing, and ideas. Im already trying to convince him to intergrate airmod .6. I've already talked to ply about how he did it too. Supposodly he intergrated it with no bugs..i even tested myself to make sure and hes correct. Goblins main problem was thinking it was buggy in 1.15 but it isnt. So he may intergrate it now.

Kyle is right, if your serious about game development than up your level of knowledge and forget the state-based system and head for C++.

Good to hear that your going to stay updated with the community

PS: For those who are looking forward to wizmod this does not mean it isnt getting released it just means they must be doing things behind the curtains. The 25th shall tell what happens to it.

[img][/img]

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 04:16
Quote: "Say goodnight to "Apple Juice 9" JK

Best of luck with your game dev."

That is what I was worried people would think of me. But in all honesty, the mod exists, and if wizmod does come through, you will have proof of its existance.

Thanks Cyclone for the post btw.

DarkFrost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 04:18 Edited at: 18th Jul 2009 04:21
Welcome, and what apple says is true. Like i said wizmod could be in the middle of development but in secrecy in case of "telling eyes" On the day of release (july 25th) We will know if it has lived to its release day and have a comeback with updates, or if it will stay behind the curtain never to be heard from again.

EDIT: According to this post at the wizmod forums it seems they are going through with development still http://wiz-mod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=54&sid=757bd8ab60c5037ea55e3b5cdb410963Preorders can now be made with a discount of the price. Meaning that if they are dealing with money, than at this point they must be sure to have a release.

[img][/img]

Apple Slicer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 04:22 Edited at: 18th Jul 2009 04:23
THE END

Thats just about it.

And for everyone else, you must know I do much more then fpsc, job, and other things to do in real life. I am not dedicated to making the mod thingy.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:31
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 21:23:31