Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Multiplayer not that bad, one question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 23:34
After two years of staying away from FPSC (was tired of the bugs) I just had a multiplayer match on our local LAN. And it was fun!

My question is: what freeware tools are available that enhance multiplayer mode with e.g.:

multiple levels (host selects different maps)
headshots
chat

I know there are some commercial ones but are there free ones as well?

My projects: music, games and more...
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2009 23:44
Well, you won't really get far with a budget of 'free'. Headshots in multiplayer are already possible. And as far as voice chat goes, you can use an external voice chat system such as SKYPE (free) while you're playing.

However, if you're willing to pay to make your games better, FPSC IP is available for purchase, and is targeted specifically to enhance multiplayer games.

Quote: "What is FPSC IP?
FPSC IP is a program designed to make the FPSC multiplayer games more user friendly and more professional.
It is fully customisable and there are no pop-ups and logos.
You can use it in commercial and non-commercial games as well

What does it do?
It allows game developers who make multiplayer games with FPSC to add multiplayer lobbies with chat(available now!), multiple levels(host chooses), and it also means that everyone who wants to play the game does NOT have to know everybody's IP address!

Multiplayer Lobby: A area where the players go to when they join a game, if the host has already started the game then the new player can join. If the host has not started the game they can chat to the other players and then play.

Multiple Levels: You make multiple levels(up to 1000!) for the game and FPSC IP allows the host to select a level to play. All players then play the selected level.

Feature Pack 1: Connection speed checking, host kicking and frag/time limit changing are some of the things included in this feature pack."

Kravenwolf

Leander
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2009 00:26 Edited at: 18th Jul 2009 00:32
Thanks. Do you still play your Training Grounds? Up for a game?

Is there a trial or demo or could someone who owns FPSC IP tell me please if it really works and the pros and cons?

PS We are two players here...with two PCs.

My projects: music, games and more...

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 19:21:07
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 19:21:07