Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Armor Question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2009 23:47
Hi! I know about the dbGlueObjectToLimb () function and I know use that for things like weapons, helmets, boots, and gloves for my character. But how do I do things like leg armor where they wrap around the entire leg and follow the animation? Or in other words... how do I make the leg armor bend like the normal legs do. Will I have to make a leg object and animate it to match the character's leg animation exactly?

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 06:08
its the same way, just make the model hollow so that it will be able to "wrap" around the leg so to speak.

heyufool1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 06:32
Yea but will I have to animate that model to follow the leg animation (there is a bend at the knee in the animation) or does it some how automatically do it?

Use Google first... it's not rocket surgery!
Mista Wilson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2009 09:51
You could always model you armour after real armour, and have a calf piece and a thigh piece for the legs, and attach them to their respective bones, rather than the mesh. - The model's rig should just be extra limbs I would think, or dummies at least, like a origin point for each bone, so you would just attach your armour piece to the appropriate bone, offsetting it so that it looks correct.

If it's attach correctly then it should follow the bones the same as the mesh.

If it ain't broke.... DONT FIX IT !!!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-01 10:32:27
Your offset time is: 2024-10-01 10:32:27