Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Models and Media / Cosmic Prophet's Mega Sci-Fi Pack Part 3 Released!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 17:11 Edited at: 15th Aug 2009 17:15
Hey, JewishDude, I deleted the .DBO file and .DDS files, but when I place an Alien Crawler, they just reappear! I'm guessing they need those files to function, so what should i do? Thanks for the model though!

Oh, yeah, I'm using v.15, thanks in advance!

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
djmaster
User Banned
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 18:00
.dbo and .bin files is what you should delete Then it should work

[href]http://sites.google.com/site/chargedstudios/home[href]
"Im British you muppet!"-Psycho
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2009 21:24
I did delete those files but they just reappeared! Thanks anyway, btw, did you try that? I'm just curious, thanks.

If every millisecond in your life was 10 problems in the world, you'd be immortal
Toasty Fresh
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 04:01
Hey, Cosmic, if you like, I might be able to help you with weapons as well as DJMaster (so long as he's cool with it). I haven't had much modeling stuff to do in a while, ands scifi stuff could be fun.

"You are not smart! You are very un-smart!"
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 04:08
NOOOOOOOOOOOO Toasty Fresh, why did you post over my post!!!??? Now no one will help me now!!! NEVER!!!!!

Lol, its okay

JiMmYThEHaNd
Years of Service
User Offline
Is This Compatible With x10? or at least the skybox

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 18:34
I dont have fpsc x10, but there is no reason the skybox would not work, its the same file formats.

Cosmic, Ill drop in now and again and check if you have a new thread for the next pack, Ill add something to the next pack when it comes up.

Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2009 20:05
Sounds Great, Fallen one. Always look forward to your awesome skies.

In the Universe, nothing ever stays the same.
DestroyerHive
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 01:42
awww... now no one will see my post

cough*
Quote: "Hey, JewishDude, I deleted the .DBO file and .DDS files, but when I place an Alien Crawler, they just reappear! I'm guessing they need those files to function, so what should i do? Thanks for the model though!

Oh, yeah, I'm using v.15, thanks in advance!"
cough*

Conjured Entertainment
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2009 05:36
Quote: "http://thecosmicprophet.com/"

Right on man!
Now, I need to update my stuff to link to this.

Thanks again guys

Defy
FPSC BOTB Developer
VBOTB Developer '09
Years of Service
User Offline
Congratulations to all who worked on this. I have yet to look at the media, however your time and effort is appreciated.

"in videogames you try to get the best graphics with the least amount of processing." -Ingolme
"The more skill you acquire, the less you have to use it." SS
Splash down
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 13:09
cosmic prophet must be crazy. who gives this stuff away for free when it's so freakin AWESOME!

Splashdownedthemonstas
http://www.freewebs.com/splashdowngames
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 21:00
Splash down: Crazy like a fox bro. Thanks, I hope you can use this stuff in your games.

And don't forget, the final "Part 4" is still to come.

Spyro0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 21:43
Excellent Packs Cosmic Prophet, as a newcommer to FPSC, I've just discovered, and downloaded 1,2,&3. Thanks, your work is excellent and very much appriciated.

Smarter than the average bear.
some kid
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 22:58
Quote: "the final "Part 4" is still to come."

be still, my heart.

"Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a rightous attitude, a tolarance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary." -Peters laws No. 15
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 16:48 Edited at: 1st Sep 2009 16:49
Congrats everyone! The Pack made it into the Game Creators Newsletter. thanks to all who pitched in. I hope we can continue to build more awesome pack together.

All my best, Your Pal, The Cosmic Prophet.

KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 17:54
Well; I thought you deserved the mention.
mgarand
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2009 17:56
good job!!!

The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 01:47 Edited at: 2nd Sep 2009 01:50
again a masterpiece!

btw can you please fix the download link on your site of the great looking "country pack" ... thanks
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 02:41
You can get the Country Time pack and all Cosmic Prophets media here.

Brian.

fallen one
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Sep 2009 05:21
Sweet, one of my skybox designs was used for the banner.
I think the pirate pack may make the next news letter, its shaping up to be a nice pack.

The Proost
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2009 21:42
thanks xplosys
lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Amazing work.

@ Cosmic Prophet,

I guess i still owe you for helping me out when i first started here, and am getting lazy with my modeling.

So if you need a hand in the near future give us a call.

-Laz

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes..."
http://lazerus-reborn.deviantart.com/
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2009 08:23 Edited at: 12th Sep 2009 08:23
lazerus: You owe me nothing my friend. But if you ever want to join in on one of my community packs, your more than welcome.

Good luck in all you do.

lazerus
Years of Service
User Offline
Give me a shout when you need anything, Youll have to do by Email or posting compettion.

I have got better toys to use now, complements of my school so if i can help if anything just ask. Am a little rusty on my animations and the requirements of FPSC, so youll have to fill in the blanks when it comes to it.

____
-Laz

"I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes..."
http://lazerus-reborn.deviantart.com/
kirinrex
Years of Service
User Offline
First, to CosmicProphet and all the others who worked on this: it's awesomely super. Thank you.

Second, a few comments on the alien crawler by JewishDude. I'm having a little trouble getting it to show up.

Under preferences, I turned on 'full shader effects'. Without this checked the alien does not show up at all. With it checked, it shows only a grayish shadowy shape. I should also note that some of the walls don't show up and the windows look suspicious. I have an intel 82915g chip, which supports Vertex Shader Support and Pixel Shader Support but only up to 2.0. Could this be the problem? Sorry, total newbie, so not really sure.

I also notice when I r-click the entity, in the information, under 'optional visuals' - 'texture', it says [Alien crawler.tga]. I have no such tga. Could this be the problem? Again, total noob with FPSC, and there's a lot I don't know about PCs in general, so pardon me if I'm wrong and don't know it.

I'm guessing here that my PC is the problem, rather than the entity, in that it does work for some people (and I'm guessing their PCs have better video cards than mine).

Thanks again to all. Any input on the alien crawler (perhaps verifying my suspicions on the problem) would be appreciated.

-this is my signature-
kirinrex
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry to bump this, but my last post didn't seem to bump this topic up in chronological order in the list. We'll try again.

-this is my signature-
Plystire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2009 08:04
Well, I'm glad you bumped it to the point where I can still post here!

I never keep track of the models and media area of the forum, but I guess I'll have to start after seeing the quality that has gone into this absolutely marvelous contribution!

I'm a big sci-fi gamer, so this pack is perfect for me, and without the work of the many people that went into it, it would not be here for everyone to enjoy! So, I'd like to offer up a round for everyone that helped... but until the next time I see them in a bar, a heart-felt icon will have to suffice.

Download's done! Time to go play!

The one and only,

Cyberdude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 18:31
Another exceptional media pack!

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 18:45
Er, nice bump

EyePrize Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 19:51
Great packs cp, i have part 1, but not part 2, now I have 3 lol!

dark peanut
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2009 21:08
Thanks Cyberdude, I had completely forgotten about this
Downloading now though, looks amazing!

dark peanut

current projects: a game about a guy
Illuminati is Real
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Dec 2009 06:49

Cosmic Prophet your a Genius, You have made my Christmas, this year are family is unemployed and we won't have nothing but a christmas dinner this year, you have made my Christmas much merry'er. This is EXACTLY what I needed for my Game. I'm building a Fun Futuristic Alien, Illuminati New World Order game and I'm uploading the Prefabs of my Space Station Level on Mediafire Tomarrow, email me at Painlesstragedy@att.net in case I forget. Your the best and your work is flawless. I'll be SEARCHING HARD for more models that u make in the future. Please continue making them and releasing them for free. Because with the current economy many would pay u for your finest works if they could. But the reality is we just cannot, I think a Paypal Donation tab is all you need for your page. Your Generosity is untouched and impeccable!

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Kill Shadow
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 08:50
Cosmic Prophet your skill is extraordinary. Thank you so much for the pack

KillShadow

Stop Drop and Roll works on everything but HELLFIRE!!!!
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 18:52
Quote: " Please continue making them and releasing them for free. Because with the current economy many would pay u for your finest works if they could. But the reality is we just cannot"

Thanks. That's exactly why I do what I do.

Plus, Having a lot of free media available to users when they purchase FPSC is, I believe, a benefit for all. But should not deter you and others from purchasing the other great media that the store, and the FPSC site offers in the official model packs, as well as those who sell they're stuff here on the forums, when you can.

The talents of the developers who provide media to FPSC users at such a low price, is out of this world. We should do our best to help support them as a community.

The final Sci-Fi pack Part 4 is on the drawing board, and will be released this year (2010).

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 19:46
Quote: "The final Sci-Fi pack Part 4 is on the drawing board, and will be released this year (2010)."

Fantastic! Any chance to get some info what`ll be in?

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Metal Devil123
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Feb 2010 20:08
Nice! I can't wait! I can do some HUDs in it ofcourse if you want!? When teh time is right!

"You are one of the best game designers on TGC"- Bloody James
rakker126
Years of Service
User Offline
Very nice, does this one have al the models off 1 and 2 as well?

Now in the W.I.P. forum: operation sunlight
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=149451&b=25
wayne davis rocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 23:06
I'm not sure but alot of people have said that the alien didnt work well it didnt work for me either the problem is that there are three different textures used and fps only allows one plus an alternate I have compiled all the textures into one and retextured the alien so that it works..with the permission of Csomic I will post it on this page so that everyone will have the alien fix for this great sci-fi pack

Wayne Davis Band
Cosmic Prophet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 23:34
wayne davis rocks: Way to go brother. That was a character that was donated to the pack,so I did not offer any support for it albeit contacting the artist who made it.

I'm sure he wouldn't care as it was a free donation. I certainly don't.

I've also been considering making all the sci-fi stuff shader ready to be used with Bond1's new metro theater shaders. We'll see.

Just a heads up guys, Part 4 is next in line after the new "Dark City" pack.

I've developed a new philosophy... I only dread one day at a time.
wayne davis rocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Feb 2010 23:51
here you go you must have installed the sci-fi pack as that I didnt provide the scripts they worked with the original model just unzip the rar file and drop the Cosmic_Scifi folder into to the folder where Cosmic_Scifi is and it will overwrite the character folder with the new alien all other files will be left in tact

Wayne Davis Band

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jewish dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2010 03:00
@Wayne Davis rocks: Thank you my friend. I'm the one who donated the character. It's true I forgot that Fpsc only uses one main texture, I never thought about combining them cause I used 3 diff textures and it worked. So did Cosmic and Mazz44. They both said it worked and a few others did too. So I thought it might've been everyone having a diff Fpsc version than mine. But anyways thank you very much my friend! Now I'm no longer modeling anymore as of today. I wish you all the best of luck! And happy gaming!

Koolio
wayne davis rocks
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2010 06:51
your skills are going to be missed the alien looked great with all three textures in fragmotion to bad I couldnt get it to look the way you intended.

Wayne Davis Band

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2021-04-14 17:24:39
Your offset time is: 2021-04-14 17:24:39