Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / tank and cars

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
is there a software the i can make a truck,tank,car etc... so i can drive like on fps creator i have a tank but its just for look i want to drive it and shoot out of it so is there

thank you!!!
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
yes blender but i am comfident that you will give up....it is very hard

fredboy51
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 16:22
i hate blender its gets repeditive after the first minute

fredy rules all
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 18:09
It is difficult indeed, but there are a few scripts out there that allow you to do this.
Sigh... I don't want to offend anyone here, but there's been new members lately that try to copy things from other games - they're somewhat wannabes.
But here now, I had high hopes for FPSC and at times I was disappointed, so don't take offense at work at it!
-Adrian

I love Taylor Swift.
Hey guys! Help me! Join the creative design forums! http://creativedesign.candorweb.com/index.php
Bibo4PC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 18:14 Edited at: 20th Aug 2009 18:18
it's doable

for the driving u'd have to use PB mod, as for shooting out of the car u'd have to
- have the character part of the car model
- alter the driving script so u can shoot while driving but u'll need to model ur own weapon so it's invisible and shows no decals, bullet shells so it looks like ur shooting from the car

ofcourse I haven't tried it but it should work..

EDIT: a little comment for those who think FPSC has its limits, actually I totally disagree, not to professionals anyway..
FPSC is an engine, it's totally enough that it places entities and segment visually and gives u a basic shooting and AI system.. just don't expect to be an amateur and have a full game like half life or crysis.. just my opinion..

Silvester
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 18:56
Quote: "EDIT: a little comment for those who think FPSC has its limits, actually I totally disagree, not to professionals anyway..
FPSC is an engine, it's totally enough that it places entities and segment visually and gives u a basic shooting and AI system.. just don't expect to be an amateur and have a full game like half life or crysis.. just my opinion.."

From your viewpoint FPSC is more of a framework then an engine. Something that gives you a start package, but to get the actual game you'd have to modify some stuff, which is also only partially true. Sure you won't make the next Half Life, but FPSC as it is by default IS capable of making commercial quality games, IF you put effort into it. However modifications make it more shiny, and add more possibilities it does NOT change the end quality if the user is horrible at this.

It's not the world that turns against you, it's you that turns against the world.
Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "yes blender but i am comfident that you will give up....it is very hard"

lol it is damn simple. Really simple if you knwo how to model. Just grab tutorials. And there yah go....

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "lol it is damn simple. Really simple if you knwo how to model. Just grab tutorials. And there yah go...."
I work for visual effects industry..in a company as i was studying they prefered to pay for lightwave rather that having blender...why?1 it is extreamly dificult to use for starters....

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 21:41
Quote: "lol it is damn simple. Really simple if you knwo how to model. Just grab tutorials. And there yah go...."

I know I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but I had a go at it twice, and put it down both times. It may be simple once you learn it, just as anything repetitive becomes simple, but the natural progression of the program is not so natural. It just doesn't flow the way you expect it to and things are not where they should be.

I guess the proof is in the latest version about to come out, where they have changed the interface and workings to more closely resemble other modeling programs. Obviously, they got enough feedback on the usability to require changing it.

Brian.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
exactly everything is in the wrong place you cant have the curve tool next to rendering button everything is to mesd up in blender also the preview is really crupy....that is my opinion i have used all the 3d tools lightwave maya 3ds max canvas cad..everything and nothing was so idiotic as blender was if you could manage to learn it you diserve an nobel price.....

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 22:01
Quote: "if you could manage to learn it you diserve an nobel price....."

LOL. It's probably easier to learn if you've never used any other modeling program.

Brian.

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 22:24
I dont think FPSC is the right editor to create driveable vehicles.

You also dont need to have vehicles for a good game. L4D and RE have none and STALKER left the vehicles out in the vanilla game - still all three are bestsellers.

FPSC has other strong points that can be used to create a good game with much less effort than inventing the wheel a second time (pun intended )

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
Kravenwolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 23:10 Edited at: 20th Aug 2009 23:11
Quote: "You also dont need to have vehicles for a good game. L4D and RE have none "

Resident Evil 5 has humvees and boats. And Resident Evil 4 had a large mining bulldozer...thing

Quote: "i hate blender its gets repeditive after the first minute"

Quote: "it is extreamly dificult to use for starters...."

Yeah, pressing 'G' to grab, 'S' to scale, and 'K' to bring up the knife tool is a real mindsplitter Seriously, there's nothing wrong with Blender, especially considering it's price tag. For some reason, it seems that whenever a majority of people are given something for free, all they feel the need to do is find a way to critize it and bring it down. If you took the time to learn Blender, you would be able to model vehicles. It's way above Milkshape, Sketchup, and it's as close to 3DSM and Maya as you'll get without having to pay $3,000 for a liscence.

But, you're not going to become a professional modeler over night, and don't try blaming the software for that one As far as the interface goes; if you use the hotkeys as they were intended, you shouldn't have a problem getting used to the 'layout'.

http://blenderartists.org/cms/content/view/17/53/
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro/Hot_Keys

/: End Rant; to each his own, I guess Good luck, Snipermoh.

Kravenwolf

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2009 23:35
Quote: "L4D and RE have none and STALKER left the vehicles out in the vanilla game - still all three are bestsellers."

Offtopic: Just because something is a bestseller doesn't mean its good. I've never played RE or STALKER, but I've heard STALKER is pretty bad. as for L4D, I don't like it that much really, and there are many who agree. As for the whole not needing vehicles to be a good game, that's true. Definitely.

BTW, I don't find blender hard to use.

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 01:22
Use wings 3d.
It is truly amazing.
Some people think it is pitiful but it is not.
you may want to get a diferent uv mapper though.
Wings 3d is easy to learn, and you can make ANYTHING with it if you put your mind to it

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
darimc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Aug 2009 03:35
Quote: "Wings 3d is easy to learn, and you can make ANYTHING with it if you put your mind to it"
Except animate . I agree it is good but it is limited to a windowed screen and only allows you to model from boxes and other shapes. But I still use it for a lot of things.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Kravenwolf have u used any other software?

Snipermoh
Years of Service
User Offline
so i can make a tank using blender and it can shoot

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:14:48
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:14:48