Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / [LOCKED] Gears of war model...can i use it for a free game?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have a gears of war model here is fenix....can i use him?i dont want to sell it og get any profit from him so can i use it?

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Lewis
VBOTB Developer '10
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 04:30
Looks far too high poly to be used.

And I dont see why not, as long as you dont sell the game your making.
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 06:05
Quote: "as long as you dont sell the game your making."

and don't post the game here.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
that was what i was conserd about....posting the game here sooo i wont use it.......

Scurvy Lobster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 17:14
nikas: "Marcus Fenix" is a copyrighted model so Epic will sue you to hell if you put him in your own stand-alone game.

Running my latest game superbly on FPSC and Project Blue Mod.
KingNikan
Years of Service
User Offline
I doubt they will sue anyone who makes a free game that most people wont even hear about.
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 19:45
There's one thing that I haven't understood since I've been using FPS Creator... it's not allowed to use any copyrighted media in the games that've got posted here, as we can see in this thread... but what's the difference from "Marcus Fenix" to the "Half Life 2 Zombie" which is used in a dozen games?

They got posted here too, but the download won't be removed... so, does somebody know why it is allowed to use the HL2Zombie but not other models?

It's somehow inconsequent....

-Doomster

shadowfire
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 20:09
becuase it's bond1.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "becuase it's bond1."
a?what if i retexture him and change the model a little bit?thw wont be able to do anything to me cuase i will claim that i made it on my own and that i just looks like it...I am not afraid from copyright laws i just want to stay in this forums so i must behave my self.......

Nomad Soul
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 20:51
I think the HL2 zombie was allowed because Bond1 got permission to re animate it.

If you can get a email from Epic Games allowing you to distribute in a free game you can use it.
Paul112
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Aug 2009 22:06
Quote: "what if i retexture him and change the model a little bit?thw wont be able to do anything to me cuase i will claim that i made it on my own and that i just looks like it"

Why don't you just make your own then if you're clever enough to alter the model into a form which you can pass off as your own?

Epic games isn't stupid, they will be able to tell their media from yours, and if they get notification that you are distributing their media for free, you will be hung drawn an quartered by them, if not by the mod squad.

Don't be an idiot.

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
I live in greece ok?The laws here are prety mesd up cause here the games that cost 50 euros you get them with 10 the most....i found it free on a website a famous one....There was a clear download button and in the copyright i read:do not use it for presonal profet and dont sell it in any way or form cause epic games will kick your but and something like that...ok i wont use it i just asked if i would be banned from the forums epic games wont be bothered to come all the way here...anyway it is internet they cant find the pirates that give away free the games when you prees gears of war torrent you have some clear pages and they havent figured out them...and they will sue me?anyway you are right i dont argue with you guys i just like to see big companies to wine for a model when the same time 9999 people give the whole game for freee....

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
The odel is way to high poly anyway, most characters in GoW are from 15 to 20 thousand poly's
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
this one is not made for the game some fan of the game made it and he made it game ready....anyway screw gears of war...Say yes to Rise of war....Hmmm this is oquard...hmmm ooo i get it's almost the same...haha...nvm go leave a comment for my game......

Coach Shogun 20
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 04:40 Edited at: 24th Aug 2009 05:19
EDIT: teamhalo essentially corrected me.

teamhalo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2009 05:10
Oh please you wont get him into fpscreator, i tried. btw everyone the model is obtainable on Epic Games very own gow pc mod forum.
So the model has been freely distributed through Epic themselves-for gow mods only. So if you make a game, it could me trouble.

Avid
Years of Service
User Offline
In case of doubt: Do nothing.

Visit my site http://www.fpsmodels.com for models and media for fps creator.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Not a smart idea. Epic would prosecute you if they found any way
to. I've seen some stuff come from their way that wasn't too
pretty. Not a good idea at all.

-Indestructible-

nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
In america ok they might...but is say in my country there way to much low pirate awarnes some very big shops sell as i said copied games for 10 euros and some for 3.....and no i wont use it...I dont want anymore...epic games just go flack your self as there is internet and people piracy will always beat the crap out big companies...And then we small games makers will be free to sale our games....yeah

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 02:10
Yeah, you probably pirated FPSC, so get lost

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 02:13 Edited at: 25th Aug 2009 02:16
noooo i didn't...how else could i use fpsc 1.15?and i use fenix mod witch works with 1.15 only and i have a serial you know....
Quote: "Yeah, you probably pirated FPSC, so get lost"
you already are lost...

General Jackson
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 03:31
You dont have a problem with pirating, obviously. I should report you.
Maybe i will.

He stood like a stone wall, not only in battle, but also for the Lord
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 04:23 Edited at: 25th Aug 2009 04:25
Ehh that is something you dont hear every day....hmmmm....what can i say ok sorry i wont do this again...and anyway there is nothing to report me for...Because i said some stuff it doesnt mean that i am a pirate and i havent advertising any links and i actually reported some links and never use copyrighted materials...or ever tried to say to anyone to be a pirate anyway you are wrong...so shut up...

DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
hey damm coronel jackson you are some crappy people he is only asking of a caracther that (maybe) he broke his ass making it to fit let him be!! just let him! hey use it ignore him cause if you did that its an awesome work and you should upload pics in game just to see if it laggs

THE BLACK .... wait it was the white or green ohh! screw this....
DarkJames
Years of Service
User Offline
oh yeah... but dont make a commercial game (as a friend im telling you cause you are getting sued)

THE BLACK .... wait it was the white or green ohh! screw this....
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "(as a friend im telling you cause you are getting sued)
"
thanks men for yout kind words i wont use it....dont have to.... and General Jackson ....i dont have problem with pirating cause i dont sell anything....I make a free game for gods sakes that took me half year to complete...so in case of you still wanting to report me for dooinh nothing do it after i finish my game....But for all of you to know i dont use pirated things simply cause i do have the money do buy what i want...and that's the reason that i actually am not afraid....

Lucidx
Years of Service
User Offline
your not going to get sued, just dont use a model thats straight from Gears of war!!!!!!

1. It's definitely illegal if you didn't completely make it
2. If you ripped it, its definitely illegal to use it in anything other than gears of war mod unless they state otherwise
3. Make something original, Nobody wants to play a fpsc game with characters for gears of war in it, thats so unoriginal, just make a cool looking scifi dude of your own design.

Lucidx
Thraxas
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 10:53
Thread Locked

This thread has been locked for the following reason: Use the model or don't use the model, it's up to you. If you do use the model don't post your game here.

AUP Section 3.17 ...Moderators shall, at their discretion, determine what constitutes a violation of theses terms, along with generally accepted nettiqute standards, and can take action against those who violate these rules.

If you contributed to the reason for locking, you may now find yourself on moderation, or in extreme cases a ban.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:21:09
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:21:09