Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / how can i make a cash mod and a kill counter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
please help

Your signature has been erased by a mod - offensive
nikas
Years of Service
User Offline
ehhh there is a cash system around and a kill counter here dont expext us to teach you how to mod....this is way to many things for someone to teach...

Mr Bigglesworth
Years of Service
User Offline
If you want to make a mod, you should know dbPro enough to do it yourself.
Bigsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 02:38
You cant make a mod without knowing any dpPro, If you dont know anything about dpPro then you need to download it and then learn it

Im learning at the moment, I find it easier then c++

Join the forums and download fpsc games here:
http://fpsc-games.webs.com/
Windows Vista,ATI Readon HD 4870,AMD Athlon 7750 64 Dual Core,4GB ram,SoundBlaster Audigy,EFX Free Edition
Doomster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2009 15:47 Edited at: 25th Aug 2009 15:48
Cash and a kill counter already are possible, there's a specific reason that people should just learn the FPI Language, it isn't just a 'lil, unimportant feature thingy... it's there to allow you to create new features that aren't available with the stock scripts and to make your game special.

Just grab a few scripts, read every line attentively and try to understand what's going on there... the great Tool "FPI EditPad" from Flatlander (thanks for releasing this tool freely, dude!) will help you to understand, and to learn it.

Trust me, you won't be disappointed once you've learned the script-language!

-Doomster

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Im learning at the moment, I find it easier then c++"

WOW. I supposes everyone is differet,

C++ is really 100 times easier for me.

chidem
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=130281&b=24

Here is the Cash system that Conjured came up with - it is really fantastic and robust. Before I confuse you - download this script pack, install, follow the instructions and play about with it a bit. Once you have the cash system working, read on:

To add a kill counter simply save each of the main scripts in a new folder and in the scripts alter the global variable (variables 1 and 2 are used for the cash so my advice is to simply change variables 1 and 2, to 3 and 4 in the new scripts). You will also need to adjust the position of the HUD in the new set of scripts otherwise the kill counter will simply land on top of the cash counter. Just increment the X value by about 10 - I think that should do it.

When the new scripts are edited (this is actually really easy to do once you look through them) you need to impliment them in exactly the same way as the original cash system (don't worry, the link at the top has good instructions). Just remember to a) change the name of the entities your main scripts are attached to (they are called cs1, cs2, cs3, etc - change them to something like va1, va2, etc). And in the IF USED field of these entities remember to also update the name of the next script to be employed (In entity cs1 the IF USED section says cs2. In va1 change the IF USED value to va2). The last thing you need to do is edit one of the destroy scripts that gives the player money when they kill an enemey to instead incremenet the kill counter.

If you download the cash system and look at a few of the scripts I think you'll be able to figure this out on your own. Just remember that the six main scripts don't control the actual variable but instead control the HUD that shows them - the variables are actually manipulated in the smaller scripts, such as the buy weapons script or destroy (and award cash) script. Hope this helps

Pioneering - Website: http://www.huntersofkentucky.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-12 23:20:26
Your offset time is: 2024-10-12 23:20:26