Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / AutoWarriors (Car Battle Game) work resuming

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2010 23:12
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=151273&b=8

After sitting around for about 8 months now, I have started up some work on this game. I had got a little side tracked with an other project that is more difficult to work with.

To speed things up, I hope to find someone to assist with putting together some needed functions. Maybe someone has done something already and there is a better solution than what I have done so far.

1: I need to draw roads that follow the contour of the terrain. The Road has to look sharp, not painted on the terrain. What I am thinking about is adding a mesh right above the terrain at each vertex. Has anybody done something like this yet?

2: Something better for the sky. I was playing with several ideals and trying to see if something can be done to blend into the scenery. Has anybody notice if you turn the fog level up, it grays out the sky.

3: The environment is going to be huge, multiple cities with long highways between them and would need to load & offload segments as you move around.
PeteyM5
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jan 2010 02:10
I came up with something interesting for the sky. I had this Sky Dome ideal for awhile. (no I am not talking about the formal name of the Rogers Center in Toronto). It essentially is a large flatten dome wrapped around the scene. I think it is better than a sphere or a box. What I wanted to do is animate clouds moving. Using a flat plane worked up to the point, but when the clouds moved further away, they seem to flatten into a line. This dome ideal makes keeps the image of the clouds slightly tilted toward your point of view as they move further away. It makes things look more realistic than using a box or sphere.

I am including the .x file I am experimenting with, hope to have some images up soon so everyone can see.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:04:17
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:04:17