Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Insanity Engine (WIP)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jan 2010 18:38 Edited at: 21st Jan 2010 20:12
Never mind, I was asking a question without seeing page 2 of the thread lol.

Edit 2: Actually, what was the issue when you deleted actor, scaled object, created new actor?

Did the actor stay the original size?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2010 13:18
Yeah, the physics object did not change size at all. The only other option was to Completely remove both the visual, and physics object and recreate it.

Maybe an option for later on.

My signature is NOT a moderator plaything! Stop changing it!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2010 15:48
I am creating physics plug-in for darkGDK(using PhysX), I will have to be sure that scaling works.

Are you using dbPro or darkGDK?
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jan 2010 17:33
DBP.

When I get the engine finished, I'll port it to GDK, then when it works there, I'll port it again to XNA.

But baby steps first, I need to finish this version first! lol

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2010 02:08
Ive got scaling working in my physics plug-in now(thanks to you for raising the issue), I would convert it to dbPro but don't know how.

It looks like a very simple fix for Dark Physics but it probably wont happen, I think the guy who made it sold it to TGC so he is not likely to fix any issues.
Mobiius
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Feb 2010 15:57 Edited at: 23rd Feb 2010 15:57
Been a while since I've done anything here. I've slowly been re-writing the editor/engine and have not much to show for it.

I've only been focussing on the UI part of it, and have 3 GUI elements working.
Plain form windows. (To be used in the creation of dialog boxes and other window elements.)
Buttons. (To be used to click things. )
Labels. (Because you're gonna need to display non click-able information.

That's pretty much it. On the plus side, my play to add inheritance works! So I can create a dialog box, link a button to it, and it's position etc will be dependant on it's parent. it means I can script the creation of all needed UI windows and only really need to check 1 element of it in order to change the windows position, or alpha value and to automate the deletion of elements. (I.E. delete the parent, all child elements get deleted.)

On a side note, the part of the engine which handles the in game credits scrolling (including text and images) has had it's own editor created for it. It's based on xml and can control every part of the credits and save the file when it's done. (I just need to add the ability to load a credits file in to facilitate re-editing of files)

Have a screenshot!

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:50:50
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:50:50