Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Introduce Your Self / Welcome Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "live in the WIP forum. "

made my day

AeroFiles
Years of Service
User Offline
I am not new here, only a new username.
My old name was Avalonze, but changed it into AeroFiles which is the same name that I use for my fps creator store items.

Cheers.

Simon

AeroFiles - addon content developer for fps creator (store)
Terminate421
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, new here.

Planning on being a game developer in my future. Mostly aimed at art. Am currently taking a directed study in my high school over the FPS creator (And Fallout 3's GECK)

I plan to be respectful and hopefully not some suck up.
Wicked Blood Gaming
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Nov 2010 18:36
Hi, i'm new to the forums.

I'm glad to see many other indie developers, I'm in High school at the moment, hope to be a level designer in the near future for just about any game... I already know what collage i'm going to and my girlfriend and I have been together for a LONG time now and she is already getting into acting and she fully supports me on game design.

Link to my current project;

http://www.indiedb.com/games/udhz

Hope to talk to all of you in the near future!

-WickedBloodGaming Founder-Connor Corbett
(Me Connor will be the only one talking on the forum)
Visigoth
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 03:29
Hey all,
My name is Visigoth, real name Mike, I am in Bakersfield,CA.
I've had FPSC since 2005, but never really did much with it. I've done a few things with DBPro, tools and experiments, mostly.
With all the upgrades to FPSC, and the HUGE deal on the Christmas model pack, I'm going to be trying some ideas I have, so, I might be asking some questions down the road.
Butterkiss
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Nov 2010 04:09
Real Name: Bia-seh(Bah-Say) Faulkner <--- yes, my name has a hyphen.
Place of birth: Texas
bio: I've been using the creator for about 3-4 years now and i'm pretty fond of level designing. I've never actually finished a project except for prevention, but i haven't released that yet(I don't know why?). But, i am trying to start up a game company. also, i hope to help anyone, cause I've really gotten use to fpsc(mostly cause i barely have a social life )

Prevention 2 Upcoming....
blauweogen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Nov 2010 16:32
Hey, I'm Don.
I am one of the many hopeful game designers out there. Wish I started when I was younger! I have loads of real jobs going and plan on making a game to sell for a very small price in between. Trying to remember my old rule: "Figure out how long it will take and multiply by 4"
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 16:45 Edited at: 22nd Nov 2010 16:47
Hello everybody.Its nice to meet old and new people user here.Feel free to look around in forum and have a great day!.For new user please read the rule.

From
Leon

Hello.There is my pics.And nice to meet all modeller,designer and many more
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Nov 2010 18:10 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2011 20:48
Hi everyone!

My real name is Joao Sousa I'm Brazilian and I am a beginner in video game development and also I'm an engineer in my spare time.

Since I started playing video games I always wanted to learn to do those 3D video games, because I thought... wow! that's fantastic, how these guys do these things, I thought to myself. I wanna make these things(video games) some day.

So I started researching the subject (video games) on the Internet and I discovered a software called FPS CREATOR,from the TGC web site, where you could make a video game in minutes, not in months, years or a lifetime. This happened in 2005.

The software FPS CREATOR taught me many things such as the extreme difficulty in making a decent video game, the need for a lot of knowledge in programming language, 3D modeling, sound , lighting, game design, artificial intelligence programming, shaders programming, game writing, animations, among other things else.

With the FPSC all was ready for you, it was just clicking and pointing and bang! All done.

However, at first releases of the FPSC, it had frame rates very low on my computer, below 30 fps, destroying the gameplay of any video game try.

So I tried other game engines, but most were either too much expensives or too much complicated and would have a long learning curve or it would demand an army of skilled guys in programming, modeling,and so on.

The other game engines led me to dead ends, because they had awesome graphics, however no type of artificial intelligence even a simple pathfinding, in short, what it becomes impossible for one person army to dream in making a decent video game in lifetime. It's simple no AI no game in my opinion.

In 2008, I returned to my video games learning project using FPSC X9 again, because software had been very improved with regard to initial version, with better graphs, frame rates improved above of 50 fps (with a good accelerating video board, of course!), improved artifical intelligence, lighting, shaders and so on, as well as the release of the FPSC X10, using directx 10 technology with more new stuffs.

Today I learned my lesson well that I need to be realistic, therefore probably I know that I will not be able to make a game as killzone 2, in lifetime, but I am in the road again trying to make optimum with the tools and the knowledge that I make use and it was the FPSC that helped me to know it everything what I wrote here about the biggest challenge in making video games.

Thank you very much for reading.

All the best for everyone.
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello nice to meet you northern.Yes FPSC is so easy but you need to learn and improve the lighting skill,lighting skill,modelling and many more to make our game the best of the best.

Have A Good Day Everyone

From
Leon

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 11:00
Quote: "I'm Michael and I live in the WIP forum. "

I guess I'm your neighbour.

Yeah...Most FPSC Users know me by now but here it goes:

Place of Birth: Luxemburg City
Location Small town near the border of Luxemburg
Professional Career: Well...thats a long story. I've never been a good kid but I made my way through school until I met my first love. From this point I started to become some sort of outlaw... I screwed up school because I only worked for the minimum degrees necessary to get on the local art school (I didn't know that they only take rich kids and the ones with the best schoolmarks...welcome to luxemburg!) and soon afterwards my relationship...I was so heartbroken that I almost joined the french foreign legion...some sort of badass suicide...but I met someone I fell in love short before that.Unfortunately she left me 5 days before my birthday... Afterward I started an apprenticeship as a lumberjack.
So, I've been doing hardwork for a year, but I got thrown out. Unfair harassment... they didn't like me there so they where inventing storys about me.Thats another long story.
I had a small officejob afterwards but I was no officezombie material. I quit. I need my freedom. I had some more dramarama girltrouble here... 4 more to be precise but I won't bother you with that.
So, yes... now I'm sitting alone at home, forgotten by the ones I've known.
I will go back to school in germany soon. I want to study art there and recompense all the mistakes I made as a teenager. Reclaim my future if you want to say it that way We'll see...maybe I will become a professional Level Designer one day
Development Career

So, I've always been a fan of games...even as a child I was imagining with my toys that all would be a playstation game Very geeks there, eh? So yeah...
I made my first game with RPG Maker...and I was always googling for more game making software. I've been trying out all sorts of engines and makers before I found out about fpsc. I bought it end 2005 and I'm using it since then. I'm also mapping with the UDK editor at the moment.
Other stuff
I love painting and drawing...if you're interested, you can check out my Gallery by clicking here

Thats all ...didn't want to write such a huge story though

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Nov 2010 11:28 Edited at: 23rd Nov 2010 11:30
I like your art wolf and you are good at drawing and designing

From
Leon

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 20:21
Thank you!

-Wolf

God Helps the Beast in Me!
Northern
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Nov 2010 22:52
Quote: "Hello nice to meet you northern.Yes FPSC is so easy but you need to learn and improve the lighting skill,lighting skill,modelling and many more to make our game the best of the best."

Hi Leon, nice to meet you too.

Yes I agree with you, video games as well as other professions, I think really requires a lot of study and personal effort, always!

Have fun!

Northern
Badger Digital
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm back again?

It is amazing what a virus and fried power supply will do.

Good thing I kept a copy of win 2k (not really).

Computers,such small fragile things....
mimmyjambo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Nov 2010 18:34
Good evening... infedels...
No, seriously.
Good evening.
Guess I should introduce myself.
Name: James
Nationality: English (mostly! )
Interests: FPSC/FPSCX10, trains, cars, boats, ships, planes, buses lorries, simulation games, FPS games (of course), strategy games, TF2, GTA, etc
Currently making: Present day FPS called One Man Army

Cheers,
James
darkt6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Nov 2010 17:25
Hello, I'm darkt6

Nice to meet you all. I am most definitely a noob. I do plan on asking many questions. I hope that you all can help, and give great advice. I am sure you all will.

http://billys-place.webs.com
Benito Finito
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Ben

Hi just wondering if FPSC games can be uploaded to XBOX indie games?
It really could do with some more First person shooters.
elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, here I is:

My name is Eugene. I have been toying with FPSC with RPG Mod for the last eight weeks and have finally built the five-level game! Finally but not successfully. My interest is game-based teaching and learning and I have experimented with various software before trying FPSC.

I have been reading the forums for quite a while now and I already have great respect for many of the contributors in the forums - their attitudes, willingness to assist, skills and knowledge are astounding. I am also impressed with the friendly response I have received from Blackfox when I asked for assistance on the RPG Mod.

I currently have FPSC running on three computers (4 hard drives) as I try to skirt around the bugs. I'll come a-knockin' and a-pleadin' (hopefully not a-bleedin') in the forums shortly.

Eugene
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello everybody nice to meet new people here before.I hope you all following the rules

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=170978&b=21

Quote: "Yes I agree with you, video games as well as other professions, I think really requires a lot of study and personal effort, always"

Yes thats right.

Have A Good Day

From
Leon

spudnick
Years of Service
User Offline
hi every one. my name is christopher, And im a advanced network admin and website developer with over 30 years of multi platform usage ie, Sahrp, amstrad, Acorn electon, all amiga systems, Linux and of course Windows from 3.1 to windows 7 and servers of all, ie linux and windows 2003 & 2008,

i do spend A lot of money and time buying and getting the right tools to keep me occupied, and love all new gizmo's, i would say i'am a complete computer and techno nerd!

also i'am serious about waht i do, for example, cad drawing i have the best on the market (solid works) a nearly £6.000 is just for starter's, but im a lousy programer, but i do like my PHP scrips and java too,
as for gaming! i by all the latest FPS and RPG that the market can provide,
my main gain that i have been playing for other 8 years is Medal of honor, and still play it to day nearly 60% of my nerd time.

So i do wish to find all the resources and knowlage to get further in using FPSC, as i wonna help my son in game creation before he hit 16 and start developing to create a future for him.

he has all the right tools but needs encouragement and believe in souch software like FPSC and visual basics and so forth,

so as a dad i will help all who helps me and vise versa.

Software is developing on a new stage era every day, and needs suport forums like this to help all.

any way i hope this has said enough about me and my goal in life.

Cheers for reading and pass the knowlage on....
RusselMM
Years of Service
User Offline
Russel
M.
M.

Love playing video games, always wanting to make one, here goes!

Thanks and more power!

God Bless!

My computer does not have a touchscreen panel, so I can not sign here?
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jan 2011 05:10
I never bothered to look at this (I DID read the rules sticky ) So this is 5 months late:
Name: Tim (yes I know.... ANOTHER one)

Location: just about the smallest town in America. The real one is the next town over.

Nationality: American(only because I was born here) French, French Canadian (there is a difference), and Czechoslovakian! Dobrý den, můj kolega česky!

Past Game Making experience: started out on sploder, and made about 15 games in 3 days. Moved up to Roblox where I learned very basic LUA, also learned some multiplayer map design from building maps in Far Cry 2 and from playing some of the top games. Then bought this and am very pleased with it. I just though there would be multiplayer flak

Nice to meet you all!
BoabyJoaby
Years of Service
User Offline
Sup Guys i'm in the UK, real name A.L
Used to work with gamemaker and then moved to FPSC only recently, am a complete noob at anything to do with scriptingand need all sorts of help in things like HUDs and aother stuff that probly seems painfully obvuious to you guys.
Also I cannot seem to find any downloads for these mods you keep talkingabout, they all sound good, but the websites are all broken.
I know this probs isnt the rite thread for qs but my intro is all done so if any1 could point me to the right thread or linky itd be great.

I kick ass.
Ikey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jan 2011 15:14
Yo, guys.
Isaac here, from cold, coooold England.
Been using FPSC A little while now, never even noticed this thread before O_o.
But anyway, recently been doing more than the drag and drop stuff. I program in other languages, but am recently beginning to learn FPSC's scripting language.
I enjoy making games, and after beginning a Zombie game (yes, another one ), am finally going to put some real effort into it.
AJ Schaeffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jan 2011 04:23
Name: Austin Schaeffer
Languages: English, Mandarin Chinese, Japanese
Interests: Game Making (of course), playing Megaman B.N. (in Japanese)
Bio: Well I started getting into game making when i bought darbasic lite years ago. And i never used it because it got messed up and was too hard for me. Then, in 2009 for my b-day i got this laptop. Then i downloaded FPSC. I made simple levels and i thought FPSC was okay. And then i found out how to place characters (I squealed with excitement lol). That was the start of something great. And now in Highschool i am taking the game making carreer class and am working to get microsoft certified. None of my friends except for one share my passion for game making, and he is in a different grade (held back) so its pretty lonely for me at school. Wow my fingers hurt so yah... time for FAMILY GUY!

PS add me on facebook

flaming chainsaw
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 05:52
hi im mark, im new to the game making stuff and the fpsc9 is amazing, i have so much stuff for it, i got a couple zombie survival test games i made i youtube if you guys wanna check them out, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPgOaCGQ_28
Nazareth Entertainment
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Feb 2011 01:51 Edited at: 11th Feb 2011 01:53

Born: Portugal

Raised: Uk

Speaks: UK ENGLISH & Portuguese

Profession: Record label C.E.O (Nazareth Recordings) Rapper & C.E.O Of Addicted to bullets (Games development studio) Are all a subsidery of Parent Companie Nazareth Entertainment.

Intrests: Making money ( LOL) Spending Money

Maritul status: Engaged

QUOAT: Get Busy Developing, Get busy crunching

Deathkon 3000
natedgreat07
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello I am Natedgreat07 and don't wish to have people know my name until I get further along on learn how to use FPS Creator.
warstormed
User Banned
Posted: 16th Feb 2011 07:50
Im warstormed. In 8th grade. I live in the US, pretty good with computers.
Im a hacker/designer. I do web stuff, and game design. Iv been using fpsc for a while. I listen to a lot of metal. not reeely much else to say.

I Am The Toxik One!
Leongamerz
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello for newcomer.I hope you all read the rule here hehe.

My real name is Leon Lothario.Iam not online in TGC Forum for awhile because Iam busy developing using UDK.Iam also learning DarkBasic Pro but I still love FPS Creator.

Welcome And Have A Good Stay Newcomers!

From
Leon

Poloflece,Anayar,PWP,Henry Ham,Cosmic Prophet,Wolf,KeithC,Nickydude And Lee Bamber is my icon.
PsyChoTikKlown
Years of Service
User Offline
hello!

im psychotikKlown... thats also my xbox live gamertag.
im new here and i have to say i love FPSC. im running on a crap computer right know, but if i am able to get a new one I will look into saving up for FPSC X10 and all the packs and whatnot/
SonOfLight
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Feb 2011 01:16 Edited at: 2nd Mar 2011 04:30
Man....

yall live in cool places like London and Cali nd weird but cools places I never even herd of...

Wells.... Hi I am SonOfLight.... Yall can call me Light for short.. Or SOL to get it all in for short.. SOL...
SonOf Light... .... I just made it up and I like it... Call me that.. I

Real name.. (Jonathan)
I live in a desert in Tucson.

(Edit) Oh shoot. I for got to say I like FPSC.... Like everyone els.. But guess it dont matter really...
I am more interested in eating my candy than useing FPSC right now. I am sure when i turn it all my mind will change i think....

-SOL
Section 812
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Feb 2011 00:05 Edited at: 1st Jul 2012 17:58
Hello FPSC community!
I'm Section812, doesn't make any sense to me either.
Real Name.. Dave
Location.. Arkansas
I'm from Fresno , CA
I repair Airconditioners during the day and after that I do stuff.
Had FPSC since 1.07,
Love reading source code (its my crossword puzzle)
update:
my favorite languages - FreeBasic, DarkBasic and Delphi
Least favorite languages (but have to use sometimes) VB, C++

and reading other people's source code is one of my favorite things to do.

The way it's meant to taste.
Scorponok
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey there forum members! Even though no one ever reads these posts it seemed fitting as my first post. My name is Chris and I have been a lurker here for awhile so I figured what the heck and made an account.
Bradmadman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Mar 2011 04:04
Hi guys, my name is Brad and I live in a little area known as Locke, in New York State. I enjoy making and playing games (fishing and weightlifting too), although I don't get to spend as much time as I'd like to doing the making and playing games part due to the responsibilities that come with having a family. So... I fit it in when I can.

I just found FPS Creator a week ago when doing a search for another game engine. I downloaded the free version and have now bought it a week later. It is a work of art and I'm losing lots of sleep playing with it. It's very cool indeed and I look forward to working with it.

Anything is possible
TobiasRipper
Years of Service
User Offline
Well I kind if barged in without knocking with all my questions... I'm feeling like I'm going to be staying in here for a while so might as well introduce my self.

My real name is Dima. I am an experienced music composer and I am fond of horror and mystery types of games and movies. Want to become a successful video game developer / producer and realize that ton of script ideas that I have developed over the years.

ps: please grant me normal user permissions, I won't bite

No I'm not your sandwich
Lee Is My Name Too Darnit
Years of Service
User Offline
I just wanted to say hello.

I just bought the bonanza a couple of days ago so here I am.

There are many things I already love about it, but there are other things I wish I could do with it.

Such as making a game like Might And Magic Dark Messiah. It's essentially a FPS style game but where it differs from FPS Creator is that you gain skill points and can improve your character with them and would like to do something like that.

Another thing I'd love to do with it is make a superhero game.

Just a couple of things anyhoo.

By the hand, take me by the hand pretty mama, come and dance with your daddy all night long.

"Black Water" Doobie Brothers
General Zax
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Mar 2011 07:59
Hey, everybody, this is General Zax. My real name is Brandon, and I have been using FPS Creator for approximately 2 years. It began as nothing more than a whimsical dream that I might one day be able to design greatness. However, I came upon this beauty when it was nothing more than the ugly duckling it once was. However, my young, futile mind was instantly engaged by this new device, and I spent months toying with it, learning its inner workings and designs. Meanwhile, its creators, the company known to its customers only as TGC, were constantly hard at work improving and debugging this fragile system. It wasn't long before the software completely enthralled me. However, recently, as I discovered, I was alone with it. My friends did not have the same dreams I did, nor did they aspire to be what I had dreamt of ever since my hands first touched a controller. I decided I would find others like me, others to dream with together. That is when I came upon this forum here. Now, it is with great pleasure that I join this enormous world once and for all, to ally myself with those who, like me, desire greatness and, above all, to create with their minds what the world cannot give them.

Alright, now that the idiotic introduction is over with, I just wanted to say hello to everybody, and I hope that I'll have a great time getting to know you all.

There is a darkness in each of us, one that creates us, consumes us, haunts us. This darkness will devour the living, burn the civil way of living we know today. Only we...can aid it in its quest!
King Cobra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Apr 2011 10:46
Hello Forum...

My name is King Cobra on here.

I am a complete newbie at scripting but I do have intermediate knowledge of web design.

I try to learn things on my own FIRST out of respect for people's time on here. Everyone on here has his or her own life and doesn't need to hear me all the time asking, "How do you do this" and "how do you do that".

Anyway, I am here to learn and at this time I am reading a few things on DarkBASIC that I checked out from that good ol' place everyone seems to ignore called THE LIBRARY.

Have a good day all and it is definitely a pleasure.

K. Cobra
Super Clark
FPSC Reloaded TGC Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi everyone I am Super Clark a total newbie to this game making
stuff. Always been into games just never knew how to create my
own until now.

Hope things go as planned and I can build my very first game
just as soon as I can get FPS to stop crashing on me all time.

Nice to have a forum to post issues just hope someone finds
time to read them .
Anya
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2011 02:01
I am Anya (it's not just a nick, it's my real name too), I am 21 years old, I am of French and Japanese descent.*

My hobbies are literature (Philip K. Dick, Ray Bradbury, Stephen King and Michael Crichton ), music, fishing, Japanese culture, and French History.

I'm not very good with FPS Creator, I discovered the demo two weeks ago only, I hope to be able to give life to the world (a cyberpunk one, mostly influenced by Blade Runner) I've imagined soon.

I briefly browsed your forum and I am very impressed by what you can do with this software, I hope to do as much as all of you one day !

*I have a really good French level (that's what people think), English is not my native language so I have some problems with (almost never studied it), I have some basic knowledge of Italian and Spanish languages, about Japanese, I learn it since I have 15 years old.
Robert J
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2011 16:15
Hello My name is Robert, and im a noob as well
40 yrs old, from the northern part of Norway..
Not unfamiliar with the basic language script (been there, done that in the late 80-s), but FPSC is new to me and i absolutely love it! Once i get a hold on the scripting features, i will participate on a higher level.. Searching your forums have been a lesson in grate handeling of forum levelling.. I hope the trolls keep their hands of their keyboards when i am asking stupid qestions.. so far i havent found any stupid answers! Also got the DB pro version.
Thats it for now, have a great day!
weatherbob
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I'm new to the gaming modeling but i bought FPS CREATOR and the extra packs that came with it, but i was wondering were can i get more sci-packs that won't cost anything?

I'm wanting to start a sci-fi game and trying to get running here!!!

weatherbob
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Apr 2011 20:54
Robert,
For starters, start looking in the Models and Media threads.
Cosmic Prophet is one user that has loads and loads of free media.

My Personal Blog (Randomly updated)
weatherbob
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,

i'm new is there anybody know where to get maps for fps creator, like sci-fi maps, to where you can load them and then add things to them?

weatherbob
osbment productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Apr 2011 03:38 Edited at: 6th Apr 2011 04:10
hey i'm in arizona and i was wondering how to publish a game wit the free version
Artyom
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Apr 2011 10:30
Hi, I'm Artyom.

I've used the free version of FPSC before (not much mind you) and have just purchased the full version of it now.

Looking forward to showing you what I've got!!

P.S - I hate the "Trusted poster" thing..

@osbment productions - I think you need the full version to publish a game

The Curtain has fallen...
Adriano72
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2011 01:28
Hi all,

My name is Adriano from Rome Italy

I just bought the FPS bonanza pack

I tried to update to 1.17 but I had to reinstall the 1.0 since it crashes when I start it after the upgrade. (Windows 7)

Any idea?

Thanks
Cheers

Adriano
That Guy John
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2011 03:49
Adriano, follow THIS THREAD. It has the latest updates.

FPSC OneSource [DeskTop App] - Bringing everything together into one.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 19:48:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 19:48:35