Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Product Chat / Introduce Your Self / Welcome Thread

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Apr 2011 20:15
Thank you!

Works like a breeze!!!

Cheers
Adriano
BigJayWH
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2011 18:28
Hello All,

My name is Jay and I live in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA.
I'm a 37 year old married father of 3.

I've been playing games since the Atari 2600. I like FPS and sports games. My favorites games all time are Rainbow 6 Vegas 2, Borderlands, Red Dead Redemption, Pac Man, River Raid, Yars Revenge, Fallout 3, Half Life 2, and too many others to list.

I've been using FPSC since March and have learned a lot already (thanks to many of you). I'm looking forward to making my first complete game. I spend most of my time in FPSC now just playing with level design and trying to get everything to work.
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Apr 2011 18:36
Welcome Jay (and all the other newcomers)! Be sure to check out the thread listed in my sig below; you should find it helpful and full of useful info/links. Looking forward to seeing what you all come up with. If you have any questions, there are plenty here to help; and if you have anything to show, there's stickies in the WIP and Showcase Boards designed to help with your thread layout.

-Keith

Hoosier Sign Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
@Jay

Greetings fellow Hoosier.

Sometimes you need "A Whack on the side of the Head"
to be more creative.
Mudbud Productions
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th May 2011 00:17
Hello!
My name is Mudbud.... I like goldfish.. jk I am from California, USA. I really enjoy programming, I have dealt with different programming software before so the language isn't that difficult to understand I know a bit of HTML, CSS, Learning Javascript, and flash. I have made games before but with Game Maker, My website is : [href=http://www.mudbudproductions.weebly.com ]www.mudbudproductions.weebly.com [/href]

I have pretty much mastered 2D in Game maker but I wanted to do 3D, It is not really incorporated in GM so I searched for a easy 3D software, that's how I found you guys Thanks FPS Creator ppl'z!!

Bai

Mudbud Productions, An indie development team that makes PC and Xbox 360 games!

underthegun
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th May 2011 20:50
Hey guys,
Just purchased FPSC recently and I am amazed at how easy it is. Without even reading or watching any tutorials I was able to make a playable game with a few clicks.

I'm excited to see what else it can do and to be a part of this community.

Thanks
Zurg
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th May 2011 13:51
hello,
nick name is zurg, but real name is Patrick, so i always wanted to find a software to create games and learn some coding for a hobby, and found it. Been working on fpsc and dbpro,since december. i always wanted to go into game development for a profession. but, there is my thoughts i shared with everyone, and nice to meet new people

cya laters,
Super Guy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st May 2011 13:11
Hi, I am Super Guy. I am canadian, have a blog and love making games.

I not only program but review video games too.

Get the latest video game reviews at http://v-g-r.blogspot.com/! Please follow.
ChrisCross
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey guys, my name is Chris Lawrence, I work in sound design, and I am currently learning keyframe animation. I began using FPSC a few months ago, and so far I like it a lot, so I thought I might put my hobby of sound editing to use. (I hope to begin work ASAP) I like the bands Van Halen and Boston, and in my sparse spare time, I play Splinter Cell Conviction and Medal of Honor.

Art challenges technology, and technology inspires art. -John Lasseter
nyfantana
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi im new here, just started downloading the FPS creater demo.

I want to make a zombie game based on the place of my employment, im hoping FPS creator can help me accomplish this
Man in shed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2011 07:40
Hi all I'm shed man been following FPS Creator from the beginning
thought it's time I say HELLO and thanks to all the modelers for the
free model packs

I can see YOU
username2130
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi my name is Brett, been messin with FPSC for awhile now and have run into a few issues i wonder if i might get some help with. Either by telling me the answers or by telling me where to find them. And before any self appointed moderators chime in. I used the search and looked through a good chunk of the threads.
How do change levels(have a player step into a triggerzone to load new level)?
How do I make a semitransparent texture(like glass for windows)? the tutorials make things completely transparent.
Any help on these would be greatly appreciated.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FPSC Multiplayer Games
Posted: 31st May 2011 06:08 Edited at: 31st May 2011 06:10
Welcome Brett.

Do we have any self appointed moderators here? I hadn't noticed.

There are a couple of ways to advance to the next level but using the winzone is the easiest. When the player enters a winzone, he will advance to the next level in a built game. In test game, the level just ends. Add your levels to the build game feature in the order you want them played.

To make a semi-transparent texture, add a 2 to 10 percent layer to a transparent one, depending on how dirty you want the transparency. A color will do, but a concrete or scratched metal texture will do better. Be sure to save the texture as a png or dds with explicit alpha channel.

Brian.

username2130
Years of Service
User Offline
Very Helpful Brian, sorry about the moderator thing , been in forum where everyone chimes in that your posting in the wrong place but refuse to tell you where you should be. Will try these tonight.
Thanks

Brett
warmonkey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2011 17:46
Hi I am warmonkey I am 41 this year I am also studying at Train2Game On there TIGA Game Developers Course I am totaly new to coding but I have loved Games Ever since my Dad walk in our back door with a Phillips 3DO from then on I own Every console on the market and then moved on to PC gaming I started to play a lot of ArmA and soon got in to writing my own scripts to execute command in the game and make my own missions. I have now moved on to my Developers course and I have also Purchased both FPS Creator Bonanza and Dark Game Studio Bonanza
I am amazed at the prices and could not miss out on this Now all I have to do is work out how to install all these addons, I have been looking in forums for help on this matter but I had no Joy so I tought I would post here and Introduce myself as I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time in here .
If any one can shed some light on how to install the
ClothParticles module Where do i put all of the content from the zip
that would help I am sure after I know how to do one ill be ok
again many thanks and Hello form me
HerpaDerp
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Jun 2011 05:25
Hey guys, I just got FPSC and its great! Cant wait to see the rest of the community!
Desecrated Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 02:50 Edited at: 22nd Jun 2011 07:39
[center]Name - Josh B.

Started Using FPSC - I started around 2010, and i didn't really use it that often. In 2011, after finally getting a new computer, i updated my version of FPSC and started to learn more and more about it. I have gotten better than i have ever gotten at it (Thanks to you guys! ) And im almost done with my first game/map. You can see the WIP in the WIP section in the forums.

Favorite Games Of All Time - Call of Duty: World At War, Fallout New Vegas, Project Alpha (Yes an FPSC game, ITS AMAZING), Borderlands, Left 4 Dead 1/2, Forza Motorsport 3, a lot more

Thanks for everyone being so nice, and helping me all of this time!

-Josh
Website is under construction
I will be starting a youtube channel to show off my FPSC maps and other things that i do
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2011 07:40
Welcome aboard to the new members and FPSC Devs! Just to note, if you've listed your age and you're under 18 I've removed it.

-Keith

leftone
Years of Service
User Offline
namecolin
locationfalkirk/scotland

eye hide @ gaming scotland
Vandaarc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2011 18:45
Hi all.

I am Keith from Pretoria, South Africa, and have been designing and coding my own games since 1986, first on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum, then the SVI-328, after which I moved onto the pc and started teaching myself C coding. I joined the independent game company Canvas Software cc in 2007 where we created our first and, sadly, only game, the 3D puzzle platformer Free the Floopians with our own in-house tools and 3d engine. Canvas Software closed down in 2009, and now I mostly create games by myself with whatever tools I can find to help speed up and streamline the creation process.
I have been using FPS Creator for two years now, and absolutely love its ease of use and great scripting features.
Cheers!
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 17:55
Another Keith on the forums! Welcome aboard you two.

-Keith

elbow
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Keith

I also started on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum (My dad had the 128MB (WOW) and I had the 64MB little black box), but did not continue with programming like you did.

Been busy with FPSC for one year now and is chipping away at a pretty big project. By the way, you're not a Blue Bull by any chance seeing that I'm here in Golden Lions Country.

Regards

eugene
Vandaarc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 03:16
Hehe. Thanks, KeithC, glad to be here. @Elbow: I had the Spectrum+ with 48k. My games usually ran out of memory before I could finish them, but it was fun nonetheless. Glad to see a fellow South African on here. And I am actually not a Blue Bull, but a Shark.
easya
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello my name is Eddie,I live in East Texas and am 62 years old.Iam new to fpsc and have no experience with creating games.The first time I was introduced to making any type of game was with the Doom build software. I was hooked right then and there.I will have lots of questions so don't get tired of me.
anayar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2011 19:33
Quote: "and am 62 years old."

You have my respect for havign the drive to try and learn something new! Most people that age dont

Welcome to the forums and please enjoy your stay! If you have any questions about custom model creation feel free to email me aty ym email that is in my profile

Cheers,
Anayar

For KeithC
orpaspar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 07:25
Hi, my name is Greg and I am a South African currently living in Taiwan. I am 42, married and have two kids. I am an English teacher and have always dreamed of making computer games. I discovered The Game Creators website two weeks ago and have been as giddy as a kid at Christmas time since then. I think Lee and the guys that work with him are geniuses for developing FPSC and I take my hat off to them.
Anyway, I hope that I will prove to be a useful member of this forum and get to know some of you a little better on the boards. Have a good one!
Massarcane1
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 23:30
Hey how long did it take to get your copy of the software?

[Enter witty joke here]
the dark archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 01:58
well im in to fps i will be working ona fps withe bows it will be afantasy
ps will need helpic:bob]*
the dark archer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 02:04

Attachments

Login to view attachments
orpaspar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2011 14:49
Quote: "Hey how long did it take to get your copy of the software?"

I guess this is meant for me ... about a week. Worth the wait.
DoubleRThree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2011 20:49
Hey all,

My name's Kai (like the Beyblade character, if that means anything to any of the older-adolescent members), i enjoy gaming, specifically on the xbox360. I have a obsession...i mean liking...of horror games (such as FEAR and Dead Space), and I hope to create games like these.

I have an intermediate knowledge of FPI scripting and the rest, as i've been lurking these forums as a guest for a while.
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 01:17
Welcome DoubleRThree,

As a condition of your acceptance here, you must tell us what your forum name means in 100 words or less. Also, if anyone asks, you must say that xplosys is cool.

Happy game making,

Brian.

Wraith Staff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 01:31
Hi @DoubleRThree

New sig in the process of being made
DoubleRThree
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 03:34
Xplosys - hmm...suspicious...but oh well...

The "double" part goes back a while, it was a nickname given by a teacher that ..stuck...and I couldn't get out of it. It was because I used to do so much gaming and still finish homework, and he said "are you sure you don't have a double?" , true story.

Oh, the R3 bit just sounded cool. Hence "DoubleRThree", the name i used for everything.

P.S. I already know your cool, i've seen your work around the forums

Wraith Staff - Hey There
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2011 15:01
Quote: "P.S. I already know your cool, i've seen your work around the forums"

Thanks. You should also know that I'm a joker and you should never take anything I say seriously. Unless I tell you to.

I'm a big horror fan as well, especially religious horror. I look forward to your work.

Brian.

Skort
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Everyone! My name is Jason and I live in Caryville, TN. I'm 27 years old and I've recently just purchased FPSC. I'm enjoying the software and looking around the forums. I've always wanted to develop video games and FPSC makes that dream come true! My hat goes off to all the developers of this lovely program and the amazing job that have done!

I've been looking around the forums and I'm impressed by all the knowledge about FPSC. I'm just starting to learn the basic but this community is absolutely amazing at showing you little tricks and secrets. Plus the community guide is amazing too!

I look forward to designing a game and showing off my work once it's finished. In the meantime I'm glad I've discovered FPSC and this amazing community that the forums provide!

Thanks,
Jason
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2011 22:47
Welcome aboard guys! Click on my siggie below to access mucho info about FPSC's Community and all things to do with this great program!

-Keith

scifistorybuff
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello,

I am scifistorybuff, and I'm facinated greatly by science fiction. I've had an interest in gamemaking, but it was always a headache for me. FPS Creator has changed that, and I can't wait to dig in. I want to share my progress with you guys as I work on my first game, so I would like to be involved in this community once I have a better knowledge of the fps creator.

A little bit about me, I am currently a full-time student in college, and I am coming in here from a train sim community, which is falling apart now. I hope to build a good reputation here with game(s) that everyone will enjoy.

I look forward to building good games for you guys to enjoy.
Jaden Korr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Oct 2011 20:24
Hello world !

I'm Riley from France and I've started to create my games in 2005 with RPG Maker XP, two months ago a friend of mine gave me his copy of FPS Creator.

So I've started to learn and I have to say than the software is pretty simple, I LOVE IT !

I'm also a great fan of Star Wars, my other interests are gaming, fishkeeping and collecting PEZ dispensers ( don't laugh ! )

And finally, I'll copy & paste a sentence from Scifistorybuff :

I hope to build a good reputation here with game(s) that everyone will enjoy.

xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Oct 2011 15:05
Quote: "Hello world"

Hey, I see what you did there

Welcome to the wonderful world of FPSC. Have fun.

Brian.

The Hitchhiker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Oct 2011 01:55
Hello fellas, call me Hitchhiker.
I've been around the world of game design since 2007, when I first met RPG Maker.

But as my ideas and creative abilities grew, I felt the need to develop them in another engine, one that gave me more freedom. And here I am at your service, hoping to learn more about game design and help you in any thing I can.

Yours truly.

The Hitchhiker

"Great things are done when mountains and men meet." - William Blake
Kerrby
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Nov 2011 08:03
Hello Hitchhiker and welcome.

I've been out of the loop for about a year, was just wondering what's the best mod to use with FPSC 1.18?

WizMod Developer.
Godzilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all, I'm new to FPSC game engine, but I'm not so new at 3D modelling, design and texture editing. I want to "expand" my knowledge from creating 3D animations to virtual environments such as games. I think that FPSC is really cool tool to play with, and ofcourse to make something for your own and satisfaction for the others.
Greetings from Serbia!
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2011 17:18 Edited at: 15th Nov 2011 17:19
Welcome Godzilla,

Yes, you will find that FPSC is a fast and easy way to put your creations in a 3d environment and see/play around with them. If you just happen to make a game in the process, that's a plus.

Brian.

!retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

Vandit
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Folks,

Stumbled upon TGC website via Google today and hopped on board for the Fire Sale - look forward to developing withing the FPS arena of things. I'm from Canada East Coast, I've been programming on MUDs since the late 90's. I hope to soak up as much information as I can from the forums related to FPS development to aid me in my own creations.

In good spirit,

-V->

Psalm 139
KeithC
Senior Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Nov 2011 06:26
Welcome aboard Vandit.

-Keith

gozzy1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Dec 2011 09:47
hey all. my real name is Andrew Gosling.
i didn't really introduce my self before when i started.
i have had fpsc for 1 nd a half years.
i carn't script or model.
im young.
i love fpsc and need it to live.

''Make sure your hands are clean before you point the finger''
JohnA
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 13:28
Hi, i'm arkii, but my real name somehow got added to the forums as my handle. I don't know how i did that, but anyways, I have programming experice and love to make things in the Dark line of languages. I'm in USA, in the state of Florida, in a city called Melbourne. And i love it here. i can down he a couple years ago, for my health, and it worked, i feel much better now.

I use Dark Basic pro
dark GDK
realm crafter
FPS creator.
3d world studio
and many others.

I have been on this web site since 2008, but didn't start posting until late 2011.

ttyl
-Arkii-

Heres Johnny
xplosys
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 13:59
Hi Arkii,

Welcome to the dark side of posting.

Brian.

!retupmoc eht ni deppart m'I !pleH

PekelaarSFX
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jan 2012 15:05 Edited at: 2nd Jan 2012 15:06
Hometown: Muntendam, Netherlands
What I've done & what I'm here for: I've done couple of project as voice (Virus, Virus 2: The breakout) together with my old friend mgarand. After that I tried my own project but failed. I switched to sound design, but then I found out that I'm more interested in story lines than audio, So I became a dedicated story writer.

Maybe, When I have to much time on my hand, I'l try to create my own game using 1 of my storylines.

Products I bought: FPS Creator

Cheers!

PekelaarSFX - Dedicated storywriter

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:19:26
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:19:26