Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Worlds Apart Online

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 01:38
I got it up and running, when I picked my character race(middle fat one) I got this error:

Quote: "Runtime Error 7302 - Light already exists at line 5107"

When I tried again I picked that same character, it never went to the race selection screen again, the game just started up fine.
Its late here now so I will try it again soon. How do I use thrust when I'm on a laptop with no mouse and no number pad?
If I can't you may want to look at that, although I do have a mouse somewhere so I will find that before I try again.

Looking awesome by the way.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jun 2010 18:30
My laptop has a similar setup. You have to hold down the function key on mine to activate the NumPad buttons.

Fn ; = Numpad +
Fn p = Numpad -

at least it does on my laptop.

I'll look into that error. Thanks. It's probably due to the new intro screen and some changes that I made there.

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 19:50
I downloaded it and signed up, etc... But whenever I run the launcher it says 'Downloading...' 'File Not Found' and I can't close the program without task manager/ CMD :\

"I have faith, that I shall win the race, even though I have no legs, and am tied to a tree." ~Mark75
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 20:08
There isn't an internal message in the downloader for File Not Found, so I'm assuming you got a popup error message.

Can you tell me the line number associated with the error?

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 20:12
There wasn't any. It updated the launcher, ran the new launcher, and then, while it was downloading something (It never said what), it just said 'File not found'. It wasn't a DBPro error, it was in the launcher. My guess is it downloaded the manifest, but couldn't find the files, because I didn't have them? That or it could find them on the server it was downloading from?

"I have faith, that I shall win the race, even though I have no legs, and am tied to a tree." ~Mark75
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 23:09
Yeh, I got that too last night, no error number I don't think.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2010 23:57
The only way that could happen if it became part of the filename that was supposed to be displayed. Very odd.

I've updated the manifest file just to be sure. Let me know if it happens again.

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 01:29
Well whatever was wrong is fixed now. Awesome!

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 19:54
I think the manifest got out of sync with the latest update.

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2010 20:14
Nevermind-- I still can't play. Neither the Play nor the Exit button works

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2010 22:55 Edited at: 24th Jun 2010 23:15
What does it say in the progress bar box?

[edit]
Someone else posted the same bug on the WAO forums Bug Reports section. I've recompiled the updater and the launcher and posted them in the updates so we'll see if that helps or makes things worse.

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2010 20:58
It works now, but I can't log in because it says that I have to accept the Non-Disclosure agreement, however that page doesn't exist on the website =/

It just takes me back to the main page.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 01:26
That was my fault. I changed the site to allow all verified site members to be alpha testers instead of having to be in a certain group that I had to add them to manually. I forgot to change that page to allow members in.

It's fixed now.

n008
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2010 02:13
It would appear the site is down...?

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2010 05:12
Yes, the server crashed for some reason. I'm checking into why, but it's back up for now.

Aralox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2010 15:16
I had a look around your site, and at the game pictures, and the story, and i just wanted to say, Im reallly excited for this game. It just looks and sounds so good so far i cant wait to play it. I would sign up for alpha testing but im afraid i cant commit the time required, but man i want to play that game.

http://www.freewebs.com/aralox/
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Sep 2010 18:04
Go ahead and download it and play. The alpha is on hold for now while I do a rewrite. I've left the server running so you can jump in any time.

Aralox
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Sep 2010 04:48
awesome, ill give it a go right now

http://www.freewebs.com/aralox/
WickedVixen
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2010 04:51
I am having a tough time downloading the needed updated files.
They seem to be taking forever... >.<

Would there be anything I could do, aside from disabling other internet-using programs (like Skype and TeamViewer)?

Any other suggestions?

I am using Win7 Ultimate on my HP Pavilion dv6500. (It's a dv6000 with a BIOS upgrade; it tells me it's a dv6500 in the System window.)
Intel Centrino DualCore 2.0Ghz, nVidia GeForce 8500M GS... I am hoping this "lag" can be lessened before WAO goes into Beta Testing.

Thank you KISTech for implementing what could be a great experience in online gaming. I hope to be able to implement even HALF of what you've listed...

I would like to contact you-- will do so on your website-- I have other questions.

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Sep 2010 05:28
It is a fair amount of data to download.

What is your download speed?

The new version, due in a few months, will have faster download capability and will use compression.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 02:30:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 02:30:35