Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / 3D Character Maker - Character model creation tool

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well Already Coming up to May 20th 2012 and no response at all i wonder if 3DCM will ever be released,hopefully in time it will be but when one can only keep checking this thread....

Gamestar
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 03:52
@Gamestar

it's any body's guess
it there will be any more progress
or that's the end

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th May 2012 20:38
Haven't seen Ron on the forum for yonks.

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd May 2012 05:11
We must all assume he died in a horrible accident involving a bus, a chainsaw and a bottle of vintage wine.

Moderator, please lock this thread.

Clonkex

Ron Erickson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 20:18
Wine? No. Beer? Maybe.

I'm not dead. I've just taken a nice, long, much needed break from the world of programming and the forums. Am I back? Not quite yet. I got an e-mail from Fallout a few days ago with a question about Enhanced Animations. Currently, I'm trying to get my new PC to try to compile my old code. After that, I will try to find a fix for the problem Fallout is having. When that is done, maybe I'll return to 3DCM and finally get something release worthy. Or, maybe I'll start working on a game (something that I've wanted to do for many years). Or, maybe I'll ride off into the sunset and never be heard from again.

In all honesty, I'd love to get 3DCM finished. I've put tons of work into it and would hate to NOT finish it. So, we shall see what happens. Don't hold your breath waiting for it, but don't write it off yet either.

Ron

a.k.a WOLF!
Fallout
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 21:27
Good to see you back buddy! I think the best tonic for the burnt out coder is to do something easy and fun. Why not ease yourself back in with some time putting pen to paper designing a game? It may get your motivation back.

Either way though, I look forward to seeing what you get up to next.

Duffer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th May 2012 21:40
@ Ron,

Beer. It's always got to be beer.

Just echoing what Fallout said, welcome back, kick back, take your time. If it's not 3DCM what the heck try something else.

Ironically, the absence of 3DCM forced me to break a sweat and learn how to rig characters - which has brought me on - so serves me right for being lazy.

That being said, any kind of 3DCM at any time in the indefinite future also gratefully fanfared....

a long time dabbler with DBC and DBPro with no actual talent but lots of enthusiasm...
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 02:14
@Ron Erickson

I was also beginning to wonder what the scoop was

from all the programing code I've ever seen
I can see and understand why some needs a break

Glad to know your back

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th May 2012 16:27 Edited at: 25th May 2012 16:29
Wow, Ron, you let that go a bit close Nearly had your thread locked on you

I seriously believed we'd never see you here ever again. I'm going to do something I've never done before: offer someone a beer. Have a beer!

Cheers! (<<another thing I've never done before)
Clonkex

P.S. This is what my face looks like right now:
P.P.S. I'm a bit disappointed that thing with the bus and the chainsaw didn't happen...

Gibba gobba
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2012 06:38
I don't know if you're still doing this, but is there anything new you can at least show us?

Hello one and all...
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Jul 2012 23:43 Edited at: 14th Jul 2012 23:49
ron you should just post your code then someone else can take over. I was myself thinking of making a character editor myself after i am done with my 2d editor, and have other things implemented. Have to get that one finished first. I was going to make it like my 2d editor and export the data to xml format. If I had a post this old and did nothing with it I would post the code if there was demand for it. Looks like you made this with db pro so have a person that you like take over.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 06:53:31
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 06:53:31