Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / WIP : Automated Enviorment Mapper

Author
User Banned
Posted: 8th Jun 2010 21:29
Automated Enviorment Mapping - a DOSP aka S3GE - Core Plugin.

Before Aem:

After Aem

as soon as image shack will work again i will upload more
Before AEM and After AEM pictures.

Update : 07/06/2010 -
First demo released Version 0.1, scroll down to the end
to find out what its all about or click below
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=169730&b=22&msg=2027986#m2027986

AEM 0.1b fix:
the Inside Help Commands are now copied to a text file outside AEM.
'X' button for swaping channels / colors are now fixed and works properly. had to fix it again.

AEM 0.1a Download -> https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2010434

Aem is a 2D Drawing Algorithem that lets everyone of us programmers to create or generate high detail textures from the range of a pistol to a huge terrain data.

it works on a single face of a single object with the option to "conitue" on the next adjacent face giving you a seamless texture .

so what is the diffrence from other texture editors or creators?
well , here you work directly on the mesh so you actually paint on it a "brush" or Stamp , or an Image file loaded into memory.

KeyFeatures:

Paint using brushes on Objects using UV Faces.
Random Paiting using brushes on Objects using UV faces.
Automate Uv Faces for external edit like Photoshop or Gimp.
Automate Normal Mapping after Texturing.
Automate Model Placment like Grass/ Bushes / Trees
Automate Regions Placment such as Light / Sound Fx (grass,dirt etc)

actually this will make a programmer who wants to Rapid Prototype a current Level or Map or just an Area within a Level or a Map to "feel" hows it going to look at the end.

Best KeyFeature : its free to use, Lets show those Artists ,what a Cpu can do

Installation Notes:
the DirectX.dll file inside Aem01b folder , is the latest, if it dosent work, you may have to install the latest DirectX, not the SDK just DirectX.

Nadav "Haliop" Rosenberg.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 09:24
have anyone tried it?, comments are more then welcomed.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 12:18
here are 4 more pictures that some of you might see more appiling understand what AEM is and what it does.

Before - coloring the terrain with pure RGB colors

After AEM

now lets switch the channels and run AEM once more.

Before - Switching the channels

After AEM
KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 18:22
It looks good. I've not had time to try it out, but can you do roads, trees, dirt paths, etc. too?

zeroSlave
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 19:25 Edited at: 9th Jun 2010 19:29
It looks like a pretty interesting program, haliop. When I downloaded and tried to use it:

This is my work computer, so if I get time tonight, I will retry on my home PC which should be able to run it.

My green thumb grew the tree my Trojan War horse was crafted from. With roses in our pockets we rally round the tombstones. Ashes to ashes, we all fall down.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Thebeely
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 19:53
@CoughMist
Download the latest DirectX 9.0c.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 9th Jun 2010 20:18 Edited at: 9th Jun 2010 20:43
CoughMist, a lot of ppl have this problem , its what Thebeely said , im using the latest DirectX SDK to compile , if you have an older version then ive put the d3dx9_42.dll for you , but if it dosent work you need to download the latest and the application will run it will also ignore this file since it will be located at Windows/system files.

KIStech , well yes.. however i never thought of implenting roads , since its not a terrain editor what i do is , just paint the road with the right color and stamp it by defining what the road will look like same for dirt road.
about the tress and overall foliage/flora/grass .. i am planning on implenting them.
AEM will do all the work for you, what it wont do is build the actuall terrain.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 06:48:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 06:48:22