Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPS Creator X10 / Retexturing question

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Okay, I looked over a bunch of pages and used the search function to find an answer to my question, but the answers left me no better off than I am now.

I want to use a texture that came with the game. A zombie texture. Open it in photoshop and add some detail to it (red eyes, darker skin, etc) and then apply it to a zombie model. I do not want to make a new model, I want to use the existing model with the updated texture.

How do I do this?

I can convert .dds files. Thats not the problem.
I tried applying the new texture right to the model in the game, but that didn't work.
I tried creating a new .fpe file and pointed it at the new texture, but couldn't get that to work either. If someone could please post a step by step that would be awesome.

Thanks.
Squalker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Jun 2010 14:34 Edited at: 15th Jun 2010 14:37
Make sure the FPE file points to.. [texturename].TGA not DDS ... but make sure the files are DDS files... its a weird thing that has always been part of X10.

Also make sure to run FPS Cleaner after each test.

Also check this texturing tutorial if your still having issues..

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=132242&b=33&msg=1573204#m1573204

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 15:09:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 15:09:27