Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Camo's Thread (Again) :)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jan 2011 20:28 Edited at: 27th Jan 2011 20:45
Yummy, it looks awsum. Make an waffle for me, will ya ?

Edit@

Lol, i told you about waffle... and got carried away too

In progress of making Archery Simulator... Or maybe not simulator x]?

@There'll be a sig @
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jan 2011 02:59
Quote: "another lol for me, I intentionally did that, was playing with goblin proportions, so in retrospect I got that wrong to...goblin=long arms short legs lol"

Thats kind of what i had suspected. Honestly with mythical creatures its more than fair to play with proportion. As long as it doesnt look... well just wrong... its up to the author. I personally like characters that have character. A good example is capcoms creations. The feet and hands on alot of the street fighter etc... characters are extremely exaggerated to give a feeling of what the character is all about and it plays alot into how theyre going to move and when they hit it gives an effect of force. If any of you arnt familiar with the darkstalker series take a look at some of the gameplay (What i think is some of the most fabulous 2d sprite animation out there... even today.) The character animation is perfectly themed to the character. (Not to mention its uniquely eye catching.) Anyway im going overboard but i think as long as your thinking character its more than ok to shrink or enlarge parts to create an effect.

my .02

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
art? from camo? WTF!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

so yeah a simple gimp painting, just some clouds and then yeah a rock staircase, normal map spec map and diffuse map in UDK model viewer

banner.jpg
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline

WIP new york city subway entrance, just a normal map with base colors and AO so far, about 60 or 70 percent of the mesh is instanced, viewed in xoliul shader

banner.jpg
FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Feb 2011 20:28
Noice work

clouds: I think they need to by a bit blurry
Stairs: They "Rock"
Subway entrance: Pretty nice

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline

banner.jpg
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 04:44
cool! i like the queen banner though can you use that commercially? Not trying to be a skeptic im just curious... I think this is a fantastic piece though. I think this is really beautiful work.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Mar 2011 10:55
if he did the queen banner himself it should..maybe be fine

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
primal: hey thanks man! and the queen banner shouldnt be any issue because this isnt commercial use lol its just for my portfolio so its fine as long as I dont start selling it or whatever

quik: i didnt make it, but again since this isn't "commercial" i think ill be fine

banner.jpg
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 09:22
For a portfolio no one is going to be upset. Good work.

FrozenCore#6
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Mar 2011 23:30
nice texture camo
keep it up

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Mar 2011 20:10
was actiually gonna say: "if its for uncommercial use then it should be fine" aswell lol xD seems i forgot that part =P

[Q]uik, Quiker than most
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
primal: thanks mang i thought it wouldnt matter

quik: thanks man i actually really gotta work on my texture skillz >.<

quik: lol yeah quik i think im in the clear

ok so some high poly action

splines are awesome.....

banner.jpg
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline

weeee medevil market stall

banner.jpg
Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Mar 2011 23:05
Look at attached, 'nuff said

Everything else looks awesome!
PS: any live casts coming up soon?

The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
LOL yeah forgot to duplicate the back rod to the front, thx and a cast may be soon to come

banner.jpg
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline

old fountain that lacks the water might make a UDK mini scene eventually

banner.jpg
henry ham
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Apr 2011 13:02
i really like that ,my only crit is the obvious texture repeat on the far side .did you render it in marmoset ?

cheers henry

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
hey henry, yeah I agree with you about that, hopefully this is better. and I did render in marmoset, best model view .

Ok, so I fixed up my AO so I could move and rotate my chunks without there being any black spots, and I added some black to the moss to simulate mold, and I played with the moss a little to make it less uniform, hopefully this is better

banner.jpg
Azunaki
Years of Service
User Offline
image resizing is appreciated.

[url]http://myportfolio.x10hosting.com/[url]
visit my site.(still in progress)
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
crits are appreciated as well. but i will get on that

banner.jpg
PrimalBeans
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Apr 2011 07:18 Edited at: 7th Apr 2011 07:31
honestly... i have a 1600x900 resolution... so forgive me when i display my stuff too big for you all.. but i dont think this is too much of an pain. As i remember most browsers have a zoom function. Camo i think this is some good work. One thing that i cant stand is ppl nit picking things to death. Every detail does count and crit is needed for ppl to get better. But im not worried that they have an outstanding resolution... im looking for outstanding work and thats what im looking at. No camo your work isnt all perfect but i see the greater picture. Like the rest of us hobbiests you just need to work on presentation and detail. I cant stand when someone totally ignores the work, to point out stupid nit pick crap and then in return have nothing to say about the work itself. I think your doing great,. True maybe you should make your media more viewer freindly. Its almost if ppl are here to just bash and laugh when they should be about being constructive. Tell someone what you dont like but let them know what you think is good about it. If nothing is good dont be afraid to tell them, but when you look at something like this let them know that its good but they need to do <etc.> As someone who posts here every once in a while this is the format that i would like to see on my work personally.
@Azunaki: I would like to say your point is valid. Some ppl with dated machines are probably not using a crazy desktop res that would allow you to view the whole screen, but the artist is looking for design crit. While presentation is important (more important then some think) it takes a back seat to what is actually being shown. When you post that the res is too high for you to view and leave it at that, your just worried about the inconvenience you suffer and not the actual work involved.

Be suggestive in the rescaling but at least tell us what you think about what you see.

EDIT: Sorry to go off on a tangent... its just something i see too often. Im sorry if im offending but ive decided to call this sort of thing the MMOJ syndrome. Its easy find imperfection in everyones work. BE CONSTRUCTIVE. Anyway...

EDIT AGAIN:
Sorry MMOJ lol... you are usually right on target but your a master at finding things you dont like...
So if read this just realize that it had nothing to do with you as an artist... just your personality, and not too an extent that you should be worried about.

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
paintball gunnzzz

banner.jpg
E007eragon
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd May 2011 08:21
The gun looks great but the hopper is WAY to small. I'd make it like 1.5 times bigger. I go paintballing quite often so yea. Other that that, it looks great.

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks E007, when I get back to that model I'll be sure to fix that.

Aight so I haven't done any digital work in a while, I've caught the graffiti bug (not illegal of course) more like piecing and letter construction and what not. So now I'm back with my first digital piece in a while

a painting! photoshop of course. Not really 3d but this is my workthread so why not

banner.jpg
Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2011 18:57
I was writing a critique about it in the 2D Thread....but no one ever checks out this section so you probably didnt see it yet

I make serious coffee - so strong it wakes up the neighbors.
http://serygalacaffeine.deviantart.com/
Twitter:@Serygala
Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
nah man i checked it out and good advice lol you caught me!

banner.jpg
Asteric
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2011 03:17
Hey Camo Guess who, MSN soon i hope

Camouflage Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
:0 can it be? hit me up mang

banner.jpg

Login to post a reply