Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark Physics & Dark A.I. & Dark Dynamix / Why doesn't the Dark Physics vehicle wrapper work???!!!!

Author
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 12:10
Hey guys,

I find this VERY annoying. I have been trying for months (on and off, of course) to get the Dark Physics vehicle wrapper to work. And it just won't! It should be so simple. Here is a quick run-down of what I do:

create vehicle
add vehicle body with size of object size x(1,1) etc.
add wheels at limb positions (what are radius and height??)
build vehicle

I also make a platform for it to land on. It behaves erratically. I enable debug and start the debugger. I see the platform, and the car body. But the car body is HUGE and not actually positioned where the visual car body is. Plus, the wheels are not where they are meant to be (they are inside and elongated sideways rather the forwards) and facing the wrong way. WHY???

Please help!

Clonkex

Making games is easy.....finishing them is a different matter.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 512mb, 1gb ram.
HowDo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 13:46 Edited at: 7th Oct 2010 13:47
To save you a bit of hair pulling (but I think its a bit late for that), try the program I made for getting your model into the system for fine tuning.

found here.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=144632&b=30&p=0

Dark Physics makes any hot drink go cold.
Syncaidius
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Oct 2010 13:49 Edited at: 7th Oct 2010 14:52
Might be a bit off topic but, In my opinion Dark Physics is definitly not worth £38.99. Half of it is broke, buggy or just plain doesn't work. Not to mention a lot of the PhysX features not even included with it.

EDIT:
Nice program by the way HowDo.

Clonkex
Forum Vice President
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2010 00:36
@HowDO
Thanks that looks really cool! I will have to try it! Btw your signature is soooooo RIGHT!

@Syncaidius
I totally agree with you. TGC Just doesn't realise how important it is to make a plugin WORK! If it doesn't work, why would people buy it? Or even use it? And I bet most of the support questions they get are coming from people who just bought it!

Anyway, thanks again HowDo.

Clonkex

Making games is easy.....finishing them is a different matter.

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz, Nvidia GeForce 9400 GT 512mb, 1gb ram.
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Had any luck with this? Tried the police car from dark matter with it here, and although it looked ok in the program, it doesn't seem to work when you use it in the driving demo. All I get is the wheels spinning to no avail It just bounces a few times and then cannot be moved (due to it dropping into the level). The wheels are moving correctly though and look like they spin the right way. Reverting back to the buggy and it works again, if not very well

http://s6.bitefight.org/c.php?uid=103081

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 14:36:55
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 14:36:55