Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Mech Royale - There can only be one king!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline

So here is my WIP on a game I call Mech Royale!

It will end up being a 4 player network game where players fight out to be the king in some dog fighting Mech action!

This video is the first video release I've done and it shows my animations, damage system, movement and the beginnings of the first multi-player map.

I'm working hard on it and loving Dark Basic, so much fun! Any feedback or comments on the above would be great!

PS I'm blogging my way through development if you wish to follow @ www.bensimms.co.uk

www.bensimms.co.uk
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jun 2011 16:24
This looks pretty good, I'm into the mech thing at the moment awaiting Starhawk for PS3.

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Nice job! Will you be lowering the bright colors? It just seems a bit bright at the moment. Other than that great work
zerosimms
Years of Service
User Offline
@Matty, hey thanks for the comments. Far from complete but I'm happy with the progress! Just checked out Starhawk, looks bloody good mate!

@stormwise, hee hee! I'll tone it done for ya a bit. No, honestly I love the neon and bright lights but I know what you mean it's a bit ott. I personally think it's the orange floor that needs a change. It's early days so I'll be changing graphics and that along the way. Your feedback is appreciated, to quote Michael Jackson I'll "make that change"

www.bensimms.co.uk
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 00:18
Wow. When i first looked at the title of this thread, i thought it was gonna be one of those newbie WIPs where they dont have any progress done (Nothing against you, it just happens alot in these forums.) but, you've actually done something! i like it! Good Job!

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger that 600 x 120.
swissolo
Years of Service
User Offline
I admit to thinking the same thing as travis, but this looks pretty well done! (and moderately original )

swis
Agent Dink
Years of Service
User Offline
You've got a ways to go yet but it looks awesome so far! Keep up the good work. A good mech game is hard to come by these days

http://lossofanonymity.wordpress.com
zerosimms
Years of Service
User Offline
Wow three comments in one night, awesome!
I understand that many posts are WIP with no progress

I'm not far from starting the whole network side, that's gonna be a whole new ball game, but once that's done I'll be ready for my first 1.0.0. release!

Watch this space

www.bensimms.co.uk
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2011 18:18
Awesome man. just watch out, networking is pretty hard to deal with in a good mannor, What networking plugin are you going to use?

Your signature has been erased by a mod please reduce it to no larger that 600 x 120.
zerosimms
Years of Service
User Offline
Not sure yet, I need to spend some time investigating. I've never done anything like this before so it's all new to me. Any network plugin suggestions?

www.bensimms.co.uk
zerosimms
Years of Service
User Offline
WIP Video update 2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJHiONabYrc

This details the new gun and firing mechanism, left/right strife and other little graphical changes! [img]null[/img]

www.bensimms.co.uk
Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 01:48
There's plenty of Networking plugins on the Forum just search some, i would tell you some but none come to mind but the video is good, but i never saw the new gun firing mechanism. i think after you get the mechanics done, all that will be left is level design, which is one of the most critical parts of a game like yours.

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2011 09:56
Looks great! But that level hurts my eyes :S

Serial Velocity
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good, reminds me of Phantom Crash on the original Xbox

For a multi-player plugin, I would recommend DarkNet because it's so easy to use and supports TCP and UDP.

Travis Gatlin
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2011 22:11
Well, if it's gonna be free (which i assume it is), then he needs to find one of the free good plugins. Just search "Networking Plugins" it should give you some good results.

SH4773R
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2011 01:18
I use multisync, easy and straight forward.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 07:48:00
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 07:48:00