Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / gdk is so much better

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i started trying to use c++ then found it to hard so i went to dark basic

which was with no doubt easier,but there wasnt enough tutorials to use it

so i go to use the dark gdk with C++

and found that with c++ there were so many tutorials that it was easier

so the point im getting at is that the software the game creators make is brilliant but if they want it to really take off they need more tutorials coming out more often

im definitely using the dark gdk so i can put software such as darkvoices darklights darkphysics etc. to good use

thank you very much game creators you made my dream of being a game developer come one step out of the dream and on its way to reality

im not sure if this counts as dark gdk related but i thought it might
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2011 23:47 Edited at: 21st Jul 2011 23:50
Agreed. DGDK exposes one to the true power of OOP in C++ and the VC++ IDE with Intellisense etc. One soon realizes that they can do what the pros do, understand their lingo, and use the same tools they do. DGDK is awesome because of this. It facilitates ones evolution as a Programmer, Game Developer. The Transition from BASIC to C++. No other system in the world provides this bridge.

vitinho444
Years of Service
User Offline
eh..
Theres no doubt that Dark GDK is good, but when you make a few games you see that it's too easy and you try to move on to Hardcore DirectX then you see that is hard...

Now im stuck xD

C++ Medium 3.5/5
VB6 Advanced: 4/5
VB.NET Advanced: 4/5
TechLord
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2011 16:45 Edited at: 24th Jul 2011 16:46
Quote: "Theres no doubt that Dark GDK is good, but when you make a few games you see that it's too easy and you try to move on to Hardcore DirectX then you see that is hard...

Now im stuck xD"

You don't have to go hardcore DirectX when there are high performance, cross-platform C++ Graphics Engines like OGRE.

Indicium
Years of Service
User Offline
I found it difficult to make the transition from GDK to OGRE. The tutorials are massively overcomplicated and under explained. I ended up returning to GDK.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 01:10
I've been tempted by OGRE in the past but I feel the same as Indicium. I'd like to learn a lot more DirectX and be able to integrate it with GDK though. It would be handy if a few tutorials based on that subject came out.

Warning! May contain Nuts!
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
DX is overly complicated. Wrappers are the way to go. You could make your own wrapper to speed up game making, but there are so many out there that you would be wasting your time.

The fastest code is the code never written.
blue fire games
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks for the opinions

me i cant understand barely anything in programming thus im still learning

but im not using dark basic becuase inless its a video tutorial i cant learn anything from it and with there only being 1 guy who does a ongoing series of tutorials i really cant learn to use it
Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 05:09 Edited at: 14th Aug 2011 05:16
Have you visited the Newcommer's forum for DBP?
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_read&i=7

The fastest code is the code never written.
wickedly kick it
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2011 08:29
Something to realize about OGRE is that it isn't a game engine, it's a graphics engine so therefore it's like comparing apples to oranges

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-10-02 19:18:37
Your offset time is: 2024-10-02 19:18:37