Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / Model Prop (model animator /shape builder with csg tools)

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 16:11 Edited at: 14th Feb 2012 20:51
Edit: Project has been Updated! Feburary 14,2012

This application was designed to simulate DogaCga L3 and apply enhanced animations to it so it would be usefull for darkbasic professional users.

I set it up so it has a quick parts menu that you can load objects from and save objects into for quick access.

features:
-My 3D World Support (Future project)
-x,3ds,dbo,3mp import
-x,dbo,n3d,3mp export with animations intact
-csg tools subtract/union
-apply scaling and moving in animation frames
-Saves 2D images for 2d projects even tiled into 1 if you wish
(may be useful for AGK)

download here:

http://www.smotion3d.com/forum/index.php?topic=2.0

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 16:39 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 16:45
Uhhhh... wrong forum

None-the-less, its looking great! I'm willing to beta test!(If you need me {EDIT} stupid phone, anyhoo just email me )

Abdul Ahad

KISTech
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 18:56
No, it's the right place for a WIP.

Although it wasn't mentioned what it's made with, it is mentioned that it's made for DBPro users. So it should be ok to be in here.

Looks good!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2011 22:09 Edited at: 26th Jul 2011 23:05
sorry im making this with darkbasic professional so it will make use of enhanced animations plugin as well for just a simple model builder for games....

The primary focus is Actualy a game development tool named XRocket.
This application will take the same type of build game as fps creator but fills all the holes that fps creator has....eg it will be creating games more like Zelda or Mega man in 3d.

This modeling program will support that as well as export models for use with Enhanced animations plugin or i can even supply the code functions to apply the actual animations manualy.

I will have a beta test out soon. The thing about this application is that id like to just grab a head,some body parts that have been pre drawn and saved in the quick load menu to just create a character in seconds.

I will supply a tun of pre made shapes with this too and if the comunity can contribute aswell.....well we could have 1 exciting quick model library!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2011 05:15
ok i just did a quick video up on it to showcase its usage...

Let me know what you guys think so far....any ideas to add to it ill see what i can do :p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QkTN9X_mQL4

AbdulAhad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2011 09:07
Strange, I saw this posted in the FPSC Showcase forum which is why I posted that

It's looking good mate!

Abdul Ahad

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 07:29
Thanks....ill see if i can get an alpha release this long weekend :p

Dodga
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey in yourf win32 gui how did you get that dialog docked underneath the menu, when I try to do that the darkgdk graphics just cover it up cant get it to stay on top.
French gui
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2011 20:14
Looks very good! I've made something like this sometimes ago but never been that far, well done. (save maybe the awful grid, you can make a good looking one using 3d lines from d3d dll...)
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2011 16:14 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2011 01:50
hehe.... yes the grid was a 3d object drawn in..... it actualy looks better if its not showing the wireframe state of it....fixed!

i didnt use the matrix command set for a grid since i cant recover my application from a ctrl alt del......but it works well with a 3d grid.

as for the dialog docked under the menu.....humm im not fully sure what you mean by that but i can tell ya what im using.

Im using blue gui with darkbasic pro. The quick menu on the left side has a length of 200 to 2200 down...lol so if you did have a big enough screen res you would see the bottom of that panel. but for most users that hit the maximize button they should be good.
Second the view port for the 3d was moved to the right and squished so the panel did not overlap it.

edit: gunna do a take 2 on this i think. I had everything working realy well untill i loaded a limbed model in and the limbs didnt stay attached...lol

will be delayed slightly but will be better then ever once completed. I will keep you all informed who are interested in this.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2011 05:45
Here is a video i just made showcasing a lathe tool thats currently being developed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ry6C32gqcC0

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2011 19:28 Edited at: 28th Aug 2011 19:49
Ok almost at an alpha release.

I got my first animated limbed character done with Model prop and here is a sample video of it in action.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKc8azBTE-U

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Very impressive! I have been stuck into AppGameKit at the mo and haven't read the forums much. Did you get AppGameKit yourself yet? Anyway only one question left. Where is me beta?? XD This looks like a fun tool. Would be great for kids to learn some 3D modeling. Also you could use that little character as your logo.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Aug 2011 20:37 Edited at: 29th Aug 2011 20:39
im hoping that this project can be usefull for AppGameKit as well. Its going to port out 2d images of your 3d animations if your making a 2d game. I will have all the presets in there if its an overhead zelda type game or whatever. It will save all animations to 1 image or over 16 in for an animation sequence.

The best usage for this will be for saving out animations for Enhanced animations plugin. (since i havent seen any tools using it yet) for dbpro

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 16:03
Im having trouble with the enhanced animations saving out correctly..... i may have to drop support for it.

If i cant get it to work by this weekend i will at least create an include file with functions to playback animations for use with darkbasic.

I have a very small Alpha team testing out the main functions right now. Anyone interested in helping test the main functions so far can send me an email and ill send you an alpha copy to help me test it out before any kind of official release.

things im looking at dropping:
-texture change during playback (too much of a mem hog)
-enhanced animation support (if i cant get it to work by the weekend)

looking at adding:
-2d image exporting of animations
-simple include file to use ModelProp animations in your db project
-walk around enviroment to test your character animations out.

Im hoping to have an official beta release once i have a few peoples feedback before i make any finishing changes.

Hoping for a mid month beta release for september 2011.

kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2011 17:43
Nice.

How will you/do you handle exporting?

http://www.kamacdev.wordpress.com ~ My developer blog, mind paying a visit ?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2011 04:58
right now its saving out dbo format.....but i see you can dump a memory block atached with an object to the file. So im going to make an include file showing how to extract the animation data from the memblock as well as any colors or textures from the dbo file and apply it.

Also its going to save out 2d animations for 2d games as well.

I havent totaly given up on enhanced animations yet either so this may also be an option if i get it to work. (looking at some example code now)

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 05:35 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2011 05:38
I got Enhanced Animations to export correctly :p

So now you can animate your characters/ save them and load them back into Darkbasic pro and apply your animations to it.

Quick poll...

there is a memblock that can be saved to a dbo file. would interested users like to have not only limb color information
saved as well as textures inside the dbo file for extraction
or would you prefer to manualy set up textures and colors?

Latest screenshot:

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
WOW... All I can say is EXCELLENT JOB !!! When do you think this will be available ? I am soooo wanting to try this out.

"Son, I crap bigger then you !"
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 18:12
Im working hard to get the small bugs out and adding the code to export 2d animations.

a beta will be released soon but id like to make sure i have a good help system in place for learning it.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
If you could attach a normal map to the animated mouth somehow, it would become a 3D animated mouth. Worth a try.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2011 23:26
ok here is the Enhanced Animations Plugin Teaser....

showcasing the loading of a single model from Model Prop and extracts the images from the model and applys them as well from a single dbo file.

then loads in 2 animations i created in model prop and plays them back.

Im realy happy i got enhanced anim plugin to work!!

(if you dont have enhanced animation plugin then just run the exe file or you will overwrite it and be unable to see it in action)

http://www.deved-portal.com/smd3d/downloads/enhanced_exporting.zip

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2011 09:28
Video showcasing the new 2d export and showing enhanced animations plugin support:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV4q8fOdnbI

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good enough to release now
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 19:19 Edited at: 5th Sep 2011 20:08
Ok so today im emailing out Alpha tests as the beta is not ready yet.

If your wanting to jump right in with no documentation yet give me an email here: smotion@telus.net

The beta is just not going to be ready yet without more testing.

I want to get the documentation done first. But again if you want an alpha release....just email me asking for one and ill send it to ya today.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2011 20:09
edit: sorry i put the wrong email

either smd_3d@hotmail.com or smotion@telus.net

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Downloaded and got to use it for awhile. The moving and texturing seem to work fine so far. Tool tips would be handy Nice job ill give it a proper work out tomorrow. One question. How do you zoom in and out in the view port?
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 02:13 Edited at: 13th Sep 2011 02:22
link deleted..... will be adding help video clips on you tube soon!

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 06:44 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 06:47
Ok, feature request right off the bat. The ability for key mapping. The current WASD keys just do not work for me in a smooth sense. They work, but not in a way that is easy for me to work with objects. So to be able to remap the keys to different keys would be awesome.

Another feature, have the mouse be able to move the object(s) if needed. This can be done with the Pick command.

Other then that, it seams pretty solid. I did find one bug through, I got stuck when I clicked to Lathe an object and I realized there is no other object to work with that command, it would not let me out of that command. The buttons ( or options ) should be able to be changed on the fly if needed. ( Although your message said "tab key cycles threw edit functions after selecting 1" but that's kinda unneeded if the mouse can click on any button at any time. Just giving you a heads up. )

Other then this, great program so far. Love the way the grid moves.

"Life is like a box of chocolates.. eat it before it melts."
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 07:21 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 07:34
Quote: "Another feature, have the mouse be able to move the object(s) if needed. This can be done with the Pick command."

Yes this does work for that but does not for object limbs. Also it does not work correctly if your camera is capable of moving then the x,y axis of the mouse need to constantly change depending on your screen angle for correct editing. (not easy to do)

Quote: "be able to remap the keys to different keys would be awesome"

Sounds like a good idea! The arrow keys also work as well....see the help vids a few posts up

Quote: "( Although your message said "tab key cycles threw edit functions after selecting 1" but that's kinda unneeded if the mouse can click on any button at any time."

This was added in by request actualy.

Quote: "I did find one bug through, I got stuck when I clicked to Lathe an object and I realized there is no other object to work with that command, it would not let me out of that command. "

you will notice that the subtract key becomes red lit. click on it to exit mode.

I will also add the escape key.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 07:31 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 07:57
Actualy i can add mouse movement......but it will only work properly for the first limb. having multiple limbs will change the x,y,z axis for editing and will be completely confusing. eg i move the mouse sideways and my object goes down instead.

would you still want this added in? for me id rather just map to the keyboard.....or

the mouse scroll wheel? Yes!! what i could do is make the mouse lock 2 axis's and edit only 1. If you scroll the mouse wheel up or down it could select the next axis and lock the others.

just an idea!
What keys on the keyboard would be better to be mapped to?

edit:
did you get a chance to test the 2d exporter?
Id like to add alot to this section to make this program usefull for AGK. Feed back is a must!

things id like to add for 2d exporter:
-saveable presets for the angles
-save complete overhead rotations and frames to 1 image
-save complete overhead rotations and frames to seperate images
-save complete sidescroller frames of left and right to seperate images
-save complete sidescroller frames of left/right to 1 image

-slide bars for setting camera
-image resize tool

texture loader:
-resize image
-create animations from single image
-save texture packs for quick loading? possibility

Object tools:
-add ghosting
-add transparency
-add wireframe state

Animations:
-add quick key to clip animation sequence

Lathe tool:
-Add rotation of the cutting tool

Darkbasic Examples:
-new functions to load in alternate animations that do not work with Enhanced Animations Plugin

Help Files:
-video tutorials (requires internet)
-html based help system

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 15:34 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 15:34
Yea, I am not downing your work in any way. Please understand this. But I come from using the professional 3D modeling programs and using the mouse to move all your objects is standard in any 3D program. So to use only keys is very slow and cumbersome for me. I can at least use your program to import some basic models I create in Blender 3D or Cinema 4D I guess and still use your program to convert it to DBO format. I will have to see if import is an option from other formats. I forgot to check. :/

Either way, your work is VERY impressive. Not an easy task what your doing. I give you high praises on this.

EDIT : It imports X and 3DS. Nice.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 15:47
Quote: "Yea, I am not downing your work in any way."

I know.... And yes i realized that taking this task on would be a tough job.

The main reason i wanted to do this was that i was developing another project that will make full use of Model Prop as well as Qmidi Studio to be a complete game making package.

Also if you didnt notice... When you save a dbo file with model prop it actualy saves all the color and texture info into the same dbo file. (was not an easy task either but i did it)

I dont think other software is set up to do 2d imaging very well
.....this one is and is going to be improved!

Anyone else like to test the alpha out:

here is the help vids i did so far:
http://www.deved-portal.com/smd3d/ModelPropHelp

and the alpha copy:
http://www.deved-portal.com/smd3d/downloads/alphatesting.zip

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Sep 2011 15:51 Edited at: 6th Sep 2011 15:51
Well either way, still impressive work. This should go into the part of the forum where people download full software once its done.

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
Help vids are great! Ive been playing around a bit more now and it is all working fine so far. I have made a few small models nothing serious yet without any problems. The keyboard controls are fine for what the program does but there is one request I would like to make. The blinking when a object is selected it is very distracting. Would it be difficult to change that to a cube that shows whats selected or something else?

I haven't tried the export or anything else but I will. I would be using this for AppGameKit so it will be handy to have a tool designed with that in mind.
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 03:30 Edited at: 7th Sep 2011 03:31
Quote: "Well either way, still impressive work. This should go into the part of the forum where people download full software once its done. "

Thanks and i will keep adding to it to make it more usefull for everyone.

Quote: "The blinking when a object is selected it is very distracting."

Humm.... ill see what i can come up with. What if it didnt flash and just stayed a single color to show its selected....er actualy thats no good to show if you textured or colored it.

How about if i make the flash happen less frequently? Ill try something to see if i can make it better. Maby even just make it flash black instead...

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 04:44
Could you add a red or green overlay with an alpha channel to the object selected, so if it has a texture you can see the texture still, but also some red/green to show it is selected?

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2011 05:12
sure ill see what i can do

Also make note that ghosting and transparency has not been coded yet. will be in the beta release.

Im mostly taking feed back to help finish developing it.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 21:44 Edited at: 10th Sep 2011 21:46
ok so i need some ideas for the darkbasic replacement commands

so far:

load_object("test.dbo",1,1,1)
`file name , object number, use memblock, use image number

load_animation("testanimation.xra",1)
`file name , animation number

loop_object(1,1,0,15,75)
` object number,animation number, start frame, end frame, millisecond speed

play_object(1,1,0,15,75)
` object number,animation number, start frame, end frame, millisecond speed

update_animation(1,timer())
` object number, system timer

thats it so far...
i will also have some commands to return if the animation is playing and what frame its on.

as far as textures changing during playback....im leaving this open for manual coding as well as color change on playback.

Questions? Any ideas to get this even better?

a sample code would look like this:

Enhanced animations plugin no longer required!!

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Sep 2011 23:32 Edited at: 10th Sep 2011 23:33
ok im going to release the example dba showing manual animations without the use of Enhanced Animations.....what do you guys think?

Try it out anyways and feedback is a must if you want it improved more!

and download here---------------->:

Attachments

Login to view attachments
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2011 15:31
I reworked the 2d exporting today...
I found a few bugs of the image not being centered....fixed.
I changed all the edit boxes to slider boxes.
Made a new extension for loading dbo files and animations into dbpro.

I will be releasing the beta this afternoon!

next update that i will be working on:
-better mouse object control
-fix dbo exporting to include animated textures
-fix the demo loading of dbo animated models
-add an example game 'PacMan' showcasing how the animation is used
ingame.

Thanks to those who have helped test the application....i think its ready for a beta release.

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2011 20:24
Ok beta has been released and i have now opened up the registration for it.

Limited time offer! you will get a free Copy of Qmidi Studio 1.7 with the purchase of Model Prop.

If you helped participate Alpha testing you can email me at

smd_3d@hotmail.com and i will send you a free registration key.

Thanks,
SoftMotion Team

http://www.deved-portal.com/smd3d/index.html

Stormwire
Years of Service
User Offline
I bought a copy for the support and I am interested to see where all this is going
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2011 21:30 Edited at: 11th Sep 2011 23:12
thanks!

Enhancements will continue to come!

Still going to add keyboard mapping so you dont need to use the default keys....comming next release as well as some better support for DarkBasic.

edit:
(note)

Anyone that received a key this morning and has a .com on the end of the user id ,i will be re emailing you a new user key and code as
the editor is not accepting .com in the user field.

Thanks
SoftMotion Team

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 02:12 Edited at: 13th Sep 2011 02:21
Ok everything looks swell..... now i need feed back

What would you guys like to see in the next update
Any ideas? Anything to make model prop usefull for your project please let me know and ill see if i can add it in

Also i realy want to put in as much support as i can to make this app work good for AppGameKit Projects

Thanks

JackDawson
Years of Service
User Offline
hmm.. I have not received any key or anything in my email, but have you added the Key Mapping yet or still working on that for the next update ? I have only received one version of your software. ( The first one you sent me. )

Anyhow, from what I have read here, your making great progress. Great job bro. Keep it up.

Cheers

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 15:32
Can this animate ANY character model?

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE AT http://imageposeidon.com/ !
SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 15:50
i havent tried a bone rigged character yet.... so im not sure.

I have tested out the animation stuff with limbed mesh models(multi mesh models) and it seems to work well.

If you want to use enhanced animation plugin your model must have some previous animation data to it just so the enhanced animation plugin can find what ever the heck its looking for.

However if you want to use my replacement commands then great! It should work

note:
ModelProp does not load animation data from an existing model that was created from other software either... but you can create new animations from scratch and as many as you want.

Try my demo exe a few threads up of it showcasing some replacement commands i started to write so you can use ModelProp without enhanced animations plugin.

Quote: "JackDawson: did not receive my key yet"

Are you sure? i sent one ....i can resend it again or maby im replying to the wrong email account? send me an email with the subject line JackDawson and ill resend it.

Also the Key Mapping will be in the next update.

Thanks

SoftMotion3D
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 15:53
[quote]Quote: "JackDawson: did not receive my key yet"
Ah i dont have your email address.....

Send me an email At smd_3d@hotmail.com

Mugen Wizardry
User Banned
Posted: 13th Sep 2011 16:08
i have enan. do u think u could add this feature? If so, I think I might buy it

CHECK OUT MY WEBSITE AT http://imageposeidon.com/ !

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 13:20:03
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 13:20:03