Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Blender Images Small

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
So i made just a simple object in blender and when i exported it in .x format i loaded it and it is tiny but then on the blender it looks normal is there a sizing thing i can look at?

thanks

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes. Use the blend file in the download as your scale for your models. The file will have two boxes assembled to the scale of a Fpsc room segment. Meaning that when you scale your models, using this file will let you know the size in Fpsc after export.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Well...i think that would help me if i was more experinced wiht the software just got it today! Sorry i forgot to mention that i have been looking/learning for about a week on there website though. isnt there a easyer way cant you just size it some how? like attributes on every other program?

thanks for showing me that maby in the future it might become more helpfull.

Always end the name of your child with a vowel, so that when you yell the name will carry. - Bill Cosby
California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange. - Fred Allen
Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
Try scaling the object itself.

Use the hotkey S in object mode and then scale it.
Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Well that work but where can i find an exact size?

Da_Rhyno
Years of Service
User Offline
When you scale you'll see "X Y Z" in the bottom bar of the view window with their respective values.

One thing you could also do is press "S" and then "X" to scale on the X axis, then "S" and then "Y" for the Y axis and "S" and then "Z" for scaling on the Z axis. And if you want to be more in-depth... type in "S+X+<num>" where <num> is the scale value. That would scale X, and you can do that with Y and Z too.
starmind 001
FPSC Reloaded Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "isnt there a easyer way cant you just size it some how?"
Yes, just edit the entity's fpe file. The part that says " scale = ".

If you want tutorials on blender to fpsc, then I would suggest you start here: Gamer X Blender Tutorials

Quote: "Well that work but where can i find an exact size?
"

Scale according to how you want it in fpsc using the room segment I provided. Press "S" to scale and on the number pad press "50" as fpsc is 50 times the scale of blender. If that is not easy enough, press "N" to bring up the models properties and you can do the scale and location by typing in the values unde "Scale" and "Loc".

Good Luck with the tutorials and learning blender.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2011 02:37 Edited at: 12th Oct 2011 02:39
with your object selected in object mode press n it will bring up an transform panel which shows exact location, rotation, scale data. you can edit these values directly in this panel.

edit: oops I guess star already mentioned it, I missed it reading his post the first time!

you can also lock the proportion so that all dimensions scale equally when any of them are changed

Oster200
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2011 05:07 Edited at: 13th Oct 2011 05:08
Well thank you all for repling and I was just going to use
to test to size on blender my image is

X:160.200
Y:160.500
Z:80.020

btw i made this image bigger so it is not small and this is somewhere, where i want it so thoughs above are the BLENDER scale sizes and i put this in my while loop

and if you view the image that is what i got.

why is the object width "-"(negitave)?

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 04:21:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 04:21:38