Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [RELEASED] Snake-U - Snake remake competition entry

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Jun 2012 18:45 Edited at: 8th Jun 2012 18:59
My entry to the Snake Snacker Remake competition ( http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196531&b=41 ) has been released on Google Play.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.marlware.snakeuclassic

It's pretty much the same game published in the competition but with a few tweaks here and there.

Features;

- Arcade mode ( 26 levels )
- Puzzle mode ( 24 levels )
- supports the device native resolution in either orientation
- direction key, touchscreen or on-screen gamepad control
- adjustable zoom* with pinch or by clicking the mini-map

* Arcade mode scoring is a combination of Level number, snake speed and level of zoom - zoom closer for more points but a harder game.

This is still considered a Beta as there is some optimisation which can be done and puzzle level 6 needs to be done properly - currently it generates a huge map to test performance.

Note: The multiple themes that were in the competition version have been removed to keep the size down for Android.

(Built with Version 1075)

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 15:38
Looking good Marl! Any chance this will be released on iOS?

Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jun 2012 16:16
Quote: "Looking good Marl! Any chance this will be released on iOS?"

I'd love to, but unfortunately I don't have the equipment, licence or know-how

I'm happy to share the bytecode if anyone wants to build it and try it for themselves - and I'd be interested to see how it runs on IOS - but ATM I can't see any way to get it to the Apple store.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks good Marl! Sad to see the themes go, I quite enjoyed the trains one I wouldn't have thought size was a major issue for phones these days. Moonsnaker is fairly large at about 36MB or just over. Pretty hard to shrink it much more as I have so many graphics in there. Here's hoping there are a lot of snake fans out there!
Still awaiting news on my game being released though.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jun 2012 18:04
I will try to download as soon as possible and click a few adds if you have them to give you some $

Quote: "Moonsnaker is fairly large at about 36MB "

Thats huge for a mobile game
But it looked good

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 20:53:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 20:53:04