Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / 3D level in model editor

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 11:04
Well been awhile since I showed faced here, a Good time again to visit you guys again.In the past I have created levels with in softimage to use in FPSC and other engines, which has mostly been rather meh, as per old thread.
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&b=3&t=162332&p=1

Since the old thread, I think I have made enough progress to showcase that again.Still very much a WIP.Currently I am making a warehouse pack for FPSC, which has mostly been modern day type buildings, which is relatively easy, creating a scifi structure not so much.

My first attempt at a scifi-ish building.

Still have to replace the place holder beams, then importing, urgh! The only part I hate, assembling it in FPSC.

Just been chatting to my neighbours teenage daughter and it turns out she's big into UFOs and aliens.

Which is cool because tomorrow she's getting abducted.
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 14:50
Why do you need to reassemble it in FPSC? You could just export all the geometry as a static entity, unless FPSC's collisions mess up.

All browsers should come with compulsory spell checks.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 16:43
Entity collision is troublesome.I create repeatable mesh patterns.
That whole area is basically 10 maybe 15 meshes. Perfect for a Segment,instead of an entity, rarely is that practical for FPSC ever.

Just been chatting to my neighbours teenage daughter and it turns out she's big into UFOs and aliens.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 19:01
This is what it looks like imported...combined a total of 12 meshes.Still have to add some finishing touches.Other than that I hate the FPSC light mapper.

L3mmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jul 2012 21:08
Looks pretty cool mate...Never heard of that software though...Always been a sketchup modeller myself

www.monsterwareltd.co.uk <--Visit today

Software, Games, Themes, Hosting, Wallpapers and more to come!
bobochobo
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 11:59
The lighting looks way off, if you've got the time maybe you could bake lights in your modelling program then just use ambient in FPSC. I'v never tried it but it might work.

All browsers should come with compulsory spell checks.

wizard of id
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 12:40
It does look off busy working on that.I don't like the out door roof feel of it busy enclosing the area, will then relight the area.Some what annoying wanted to get nice shadows from the top onto the ground, directional light mapping would be awesome, some thing FPSC lacks.

Still want to add a middle train section with platforms on either side, perhaps a raise-able bridge section.

thanks for the feedback

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-19 11:33:04
Your offset time is: 2024-03-19 11:33:04