Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Issue with AGK when adding source files

Author
User Banned
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 11:22 Edited at: 5th Aug 2012 11:26
When I add in source files e.g. Hands on AppGameKit (page 88), the complete directory name is included (see attached image). Then using #include "<filename.agc" etc does not work as I get a "cannot include file..." error. Get the same error even if I add the full path + the filename. Is this going to be fixed in next version of AppGameKit? At the moment I find it easier just copy the files to the relevant project directories manually.

[edited] sorry ignore the above just realised what I did wrong.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 12:02
Quote: " Then using #include "<filename.agc""

Try removing the < character so it's #include "filename.agc".

It's probably a typo since libraries in C/C++ can be included like this #include <iostream>

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 14:34
Can you like... I dunno... Tell people what you did wrong?

Might give some value to this post...

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 12:53
As long as the file is saved to the same directory as the main file there's no need for the whole path.

Bored of the Rings
User Banned
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 18:52 Edited at: 7th Aug 2012 18:55
Hi all, sorry I was not clear.

@Hodgey, again sorry the "<filename.agc" was a typo on my part was supposed to read "<filename>.agc" where <filename> is any .agc filename.

What I did wrong was silly, just should have copied the media and .agc file from the resources directory that I downloaded from digital-skills for the 'Hands On AppGameKit Basic' book.

Basically I just needed to copy all required files to my project directory and then add in the source files manually within AppGameKit editor.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 04:07:48
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 04:07:48