Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Possible new user of AGK

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Everyone,

I have been reading MANY of the forum entries about this product. I have downloaded the trial version and have been able to run some of the example apps within windows 7 with no problems.

After running the games in windows, I wanted to try them out on my Android Galaxy s3 running ICS. A few question have surfaced

1. I have downloaded the AppGameKit Player App from the google play store however I am seeing what many have seen, the error failing to write calibration data. The forums indicate that one should pull the latest file from ones purchase history. Being a trial member I cant do that. My question is, will the trial allow me to play or test a sample app on my Android device?

2. If I can use the trial to test out a simple program on my Android device, how to I go about getting the latest Android player to work with my device?

3. Is this program still in active development? On average, how many updates are released each quarter?

Thanks for taking the time and helping a possible customer out

Vetie
CodeGit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2012 09:45
I have the Galaxy S3 and the FULL version of AppGameKit and all my programs run great. I initially had endless problems with the player that I downloaded and only after building my own player and installing that onto my device did all the problems go away.

------------------
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2012 19:59
The Android version is getting better and better and so is AppGameKit itself. My game runs near perfect now.

AGK was released in August last year. It is now at version 1076, which can be read as 1.07.6. 1.08 is currently being worked on as well as 3D.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 20:09
I haven't been able to determine if the demo AppGameKit is up to date with the full version. And if not, I'm not sure what version it is.

However, reading the Free Trial page, it appears that it only works to create Windows apps and the IDE is not set up to broadcast (I think).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
MarcoBruti
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Sep 2012 16:54
demo version allows you neither to broadcast to mobile devices nor to run the apps on Windows PCs different from the one you created the app with -> tested .
This prevents you from distributing the executable.
Anyway the purchase is strongly recommended, ratio price/features is very very good.
basjak
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2012 18:06 Edited at: 21st Sep 2012 02:29
Agk is very good language and is developing very fast. Personally, I didnt have any trouble with it. The syntax is very easy. Only one thing I like if they add functions to the side where we can compile the byte code directly without using different platform specific ide(s). For anything else.

IronGiant
AGK Bronze Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2012 20:32
Yea, buy AppGameKit, I mean its only 59 bucks and it rocks, I mean built in Physics, cant beat that with a stick,

Hell I spend more than that taking the GF out, shes expensive, lol, ( looks to make sure shes not behind me.)

As for the Droid problem, cant help ya, ordered my Droid pad, dead battery, sent it all back, waiting for a replacement ( you'd think they'd put a battery door on these suckers?, oh well).

And they seem to update it pretty well. I'd rather have good working updates, than fast buggy ones.

AGK all the way!

Peace Out Players!

It's Bird! , It's Plane!, No its a rocket powered Squirrel holding some acorns and a smile!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 14:49:44
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 14:49:44