Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Really dumb question about Mac Development

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi all,

Programming on Windows is easy. Just run the IDE and start programming. Problem is I can't find the IDE for the Mac? How do I use ADK to write an "Hello, World!" program on the Mac?

Thanks,
Ck
Van B
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2012 18:50
You really have to know your onions... I think that the AppGameKit IDE runs through emulation on the mac, IIRC Lee Bamber posted a youtube video of him using AppGameKit on the mac.
But really, AppGameKit is designed for PC development, and for iOS projects you need a mac for deployment.

One option is the new Freedom Engine - with any luck that will work on the mac as it uses HTML5. It's the same language as AppGameKit pretty much but for developing in the cloud.

Health, Ammo, and bacon and eggs!
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2012 00:12
Quote: "Problem is I can't find the IDE for the Mac? How do I use ADK to write an "Hello, World!" program on the Mac?"

Currently, you either have to use Tier 2 (C++) or copy your bytecode and media over to the interpreter_mac project, set it up, compile and run.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 20:13
Any Mac development is done using Xcode and the appropriate libraries/projects/code from AGK.

TGC only provides the AppGameKit for Tier 1 development (Basic).

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 11:26:37
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 11:26:37