Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The Scrolls of Eithador The Great War

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
That does look amazing and I will deferentially get those into the game! Thanks so much wattywatts
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2013 13:13 Edited at: 28th May 2013 13:13
Little update!

I have started working on the items for the ship construction meaning it should be finished soon for testing also adding a bit more customization to it.

Second thing I've been doing is trying out putting my different font in dbpro and it have had a good result. The size of the font is a lot bigger than it will be in the game just for demonstration purposes. What do you think?

[img]
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It's a nice game. One of your houses bugs me how thin it is. No house was that thin.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Which one is it? describe it or something? Then I can fix it
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th May 2013 19:09 Edited at: 28th May 2013 19:16
On the right, in the middle. Very thin, and tall, with a pointed roof.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
This is the same place but an overview so circle the one your on about and I will fix it now

[img]
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2013 03:00 Edited at: 29th May 2013 03:04
These are all thin, but they may be OK. I found some thin buildings on Google.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th May 2013 19:23 Edited at: 29th May 2013 19:25
These buildings are all the same file so here's a picture showing them in comparison to the size of a normal human person to allow you to see the scale correctly.

[img]

If your still don't think it looks correct I will change it.
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
What I was seeing in the first picture was almost vertical roof. I was only wondering how the tiles would stay on it. Perhaps it was just the camera angle.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh sorry I misunderstood, do you still feel it needs to be changed? Happy to do so if you want it changed
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Look on Google for tudor houses. If you think that the roof is the same as the real rooves then keep it. It looks steep to me, it's your game.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Yea I will get right on it as it dose look too step from the pictures I looked at. Thanks for pointing that out Also if your interested a trial of the Ship Construction should be coming out soon if you want to try it keep a close eye on this thread.
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried to stop making it just about the numbers but this one is quite spectacular one!

We are now rated 35 out of 9,538
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st May 2013 16:54
Whoohoo, and your latest post is number one; one entry ahead of Minecraft!

gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 19:19
@Flamertor

I like what you have created

I was wondering what plugin's are you using ?

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
@ Resourceful

At the moment I'm not really using any except blitz terrain and dark clouds which I'm struggling to get working together. I have got most of the plugins but haven't got to developing the parts which use it yet.
gwheycs62egydws
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jun 2013 19:55
@Flamertor

humm what program are you encountering with them ?

I know a short time ago I found code in the forum that would do
clouds and it was ran at a good for speed

but with other peaces that could slow things down

dark imposter and Dark Occlusion would help give back speed

to move side ways - is to move forward
Since a Strait line gets thin fast
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
@Resourceful

Yea I have got them I just haven't got to the stage of using them yet even though it's quite easy to.

With the cloud issue it's a bit strange, originally it was you just couldn't see the clouds and the sky was white but now it just causes it to crash with the windows thing popping up.
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 01:22 Edited at: 30th Jun 2013 01:22
So a long time without a Update.

The biggest thing to have happened is the release of Ship Construction Alpha 0.2 which is improved from Alpha 0.1 by the comments received by the indieDB community.

The second biggest news is the 29 of 10,064 games and have 66 watchers so far!

You can try the ship Construction by downloading it from this link https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7pkayaKCC8Peng0SlNfN2dxQm8/edit?usp=sharing
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 02:07
Keep it up; this shows there is missing need these fans want to enjoy, and they see that need being fulfilled with this game. I'll have to keep track of the Indie-DB page, I keep on waiting for updates on this page.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi, sorry Chris Tate. I do try to keep the news up to date on all of the pages but I will try harder. Just trying to keep the threads up on multiply places is a bit difficult. I should be able to keep this one more up to date though

Also have you tried the ship construction? If you have I would love to hear your feedback
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2013 23:48
Will try it out.

I know what it feels like to have multiple websites; sometimes you forget about some of them.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2013 16:36 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2013 16:38
New version of Ship Construction is now out! It's now in Alpha 0.3 with issues the community wanted to be fixed and a few extra.

Changed Log:

- Fixed Inventory opening from clicks to select items in the Inventory
- Added more details about the saves when looking through 'Previous Sketches'
- New save system
- Fixed images not displaying in 'Previous Sketches' section
- Stop actions taking place when writing the 'Sketch Name'

Download Ship Construction: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7pkayaKCC8PVUhqRzlMa2NNVmc/edit?usp=sharing
Yodaman Jer
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jul 2013 07:03
Looking good! Glad to see you're making progress.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks, I've made a lot of progress on a new part of the game but I haven't got enough visuals to show it fully yet, so I will be posting that soon.
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2013 11:40 Edited at: 28th Jul 2013 11:55
A new update of what's been done at I.M The Game Runner recently and where things are in development. Please feel free to tell us what you think of it and if you think I should be focusing or something else other than these.

Worked On

Night Watch
Death

Night Watch

The Night Watch is the part of the game which enforces the law of each faction/realm and this is controlled by players or a player which can recruit other players or NPC's (Non Playable Characters) to patrol the streets and solve the crimes.
Progress:

UI for Recruitment is nearly done.
Randomly generated stats for Watchmen(there are females) when Recruiting.
Two Skills - Trustworthy (this affects whether they will break the law to follow orders) & Loyalty (this is how loyal they are to the law.)
Random Names system setup (Just need to add different names as there is only one at the moment)
Fiance break down when Recruiting (Weekly cost, New Weekly cost and total money)
Three different write ups on Watchmen

Recruitment Menu

Recruitment Selection - Higher Trustworthy

Recruitment Selection - Same Trustworthy & Loyalty

Recruitment Selection - Higher Loyalty

Death

Death will come in stages, the first being injured where you are knocked down to the ground; you then have two things which can happen, escape or die.

Escaping can be done in two ways, crawling or carried either by a player or a NPC which will allow you to bandage yourself back up which could be done on the battlefield or somewhere safer. If you do not rest then you can continue fighting but you will be negatively impacted.

You can Die in two ways, being executed or bleeding to death. A player can kill you by just attacking you or if you are not quick enough to banged your wounds you will bleed to death.

I have also concerted to do a hardcore mode where you move further down your family tree each time you die but this will be on a separate server if enough money is raised in the future doing a kickstarter(this is a long way into the future and what the money will be spent on will be addressed closer to the time it takes place)

Thanks to Argyrius as well for helping with these idea's!
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2013 00:57 Edited at: 12th Aug 2013 00:57
A new update video of the progress made on the game have been uploaded now. This shows the improvements of the Night Watch and what have been done on it so far.

Improvements:

Finished Recruitment Menu
► Shows if Recited
► Can't recruit the same person more than once
► Randomly generated stats
► Randomly generated names (adds up to a 100 different names)
► Break down of Cost each time you go to recruit
Finished Finance Break Down
► Shows cost of each weapon group (e.g. Ranged or Non-lethal)
► Shows cost of Building maintenance
► Works out how many weeks you can afford
► Wages for Watchmen
► How many weapons you got (shown in groups) and Watchmen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQTyzpxzIo

Please tell me anything you would like change or didn't find intuitive/would like to look better

Known Bugs

Recruited sometimes when they are not (fixed)
Text going off the page (In progress)
Sums not adding up (In progress)
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2013 02:47 Edited at: 12th Aug 2013 02:54
I downloaded and used the ship editor; it looks like a good idea. It had the top view and side view of the wireframed design of the ship. The dragging of elements was a bit difficult in such a small window, but this is minor.

Obviously when done the whole experience will be more intuitive for learner players; it was a bit difficult to guess what the different controls did even after reading the ReadMe file; in my honest opinion. If you can determine how make use of a graphical user interface design without reading a manual, then that is a sign of a brilliant user interface.

The new video you posted looked nice. The books with all the night watch information look alright. I have no idea how you put your scenes together. I really like how all the color scheme flows cohesively.

The video could do with a little background music or sound; so it sounds like a game; no pun intended. Something mellow and distant with a dark undertone to emphasize the need for protection and diligence. This is probably already in the memo.

Do you know how to design your own mouse cursor and load it into the game? Or is that a TODO which you have planned and taken care of?

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been really busy this week but now it's over and the programming can began once again!

The Ship editor:

The problem with the dragging is not an issue at all as the full part of the game will have it full screen and to the resolution you wish which will get rid of that issue.

I am going to have it so it will walk you through it the first time you use it if you so wish and I am planning to come back to it and clean it up a bit and make it easier to use from what I learnt from doing the 'Night Watch' feature so far.

Night Watch:

The Scenes I put together by print screening them after I thought they looked good and just made them so the program loaded them in when I wanted them. It's really easy to do and doesn't take too long to do after the scene is made.

As a side note if you got any advice in improving the book it would greatly be appreciated.

Music/Sound:

I am going to add music but it currently being made by a friend of mine at the moment but I will pass on what kinda theme you think it should as it does seem to fit with the scene.

Mouse:

I'm not entirely sure how to but would love to know as I do mean to change the mouse in the future.

Thanks!
Chris Tate
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2013 23:58
Quote: "I'm not entirely sure how to but would love to know as I do mean to change the mouse in the future."

Here exists a website with a simple cursor creation tool: http://www.cursor.cc/

With the project in the IDE, you need to import 2 default cursors (Arrow, and hourglass) before your custom cursor as includes. Use [Change Mouse 2] to activate your cursor in the game. You can simply add the custom cursor 3 times to override the arrow and hourglass slots.

Quote: "I am going to add music but it currently being made by a friend of mine at the moment but I will pass on what kinda theme you think it should as it does seem to fit with the scene."

Oh OK. It is up to you really, and how you want the players to feel while participating in your story scenes. Obviously it should be the kind of music that would be played in the set time period; which instruments that would have existed. But synthesizers can be manipulated to add depth to classical instruments if used effectively.

Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Ah cool thanks Chris, I'll have a little mess around with the cursor maker you sent and hopefully can come up with a pretty good one

Hopefully I will have some music to show you and others soon!
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2013 18:37 Edited at: 30th Aug 2013 18:37
Commanding Soldiers
Hello and sorry for the small amount of updates recently! I've been trying to learn a whole bunch of new things ranging from AI to improving HUD! Anyway here's a little preview of the progress being made with the AI.

There is in the picture above 200 soldiers in real time being arranged and put into a formation which will work for a army of any size. This runs at a consent 60 fps without any optimization implemented yet and will hopefully improve as the game comes along, there is also a command similar to ones seen in such games as company of heroes and the total war series allowing you to control your army in real time and great depth! Or fight along side them and throw the tactics out the window and there no reason why you can't do both.

[img]
[/img]

The Size of the World

After a few calculations I have discovered the size of Ashguard! The total size of Ashguard is 57600Km2 meaning it is over 57 times bigger than Just Cause 2 map and 1600 times bigger than the biggest GTA game to date which is San Andreas! This scale is without any loading inbetween the regions (may have to with building and hopefully not caves/dungeons).
Flamertor
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Oct 2013 00:31 Edited at: 14th Oct 2013 00:33
The Scrolls of Eithador the Great War is going to use the PhysX engine to do physics which ranges from liquid to cloth. This will allow the banners to be torn and hopefully fully destructible terrain in real time making the world feel even more alive.

Here's a few videos to show you what PhysX can do!
(they do look like there the same links but they aren't)

Borderlands 2 Gameplay (40seconds onwards shows the most) : http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/physx/videos

Mafia 2 Footage : http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/physx/videos

PhysX Homepage : http://www.geforce.co.uk/hardware/technology/physx

Please as always tell me your thoughts about this and if you think this is a good idea. This may be something I think would be a good idea but you may have reasons why it isn't one and if so please please tell me them, either by pm or comment here or on the Facebook page. I'm open for suggestions and what you think I should be working on!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 03:14:04
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 03:14:04